The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What makes human life more valuable than spiders?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: What makes human life more valuable than spiders?

Postby AbramIsaac » Apr 7th, '12, 21:18

I've seen small mammals display what seemed to be emotional responses to things happening...

But I've only seen a spider fucking bite me. So fuck spiders...
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby momentsgolden » Apr 7th, '12, 21:45

Come to think of it... there was a challenge in the New York Times on whether its ethical for humans to eat meat. Anyone who can get a hold of that could share the insights

Oh, @Class- so fucking cocky for nothing. To argue that its "unimportant" to consider the uncontested human self-importance is just.... stupid.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Apr 7th, '12, 21:52

Wat
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby 12characters » Apr 7th, '12, 21:58

classthe_king wrote:Spiders are unintelligent, unemotional creatures with no thoughts whatsoever. They have no families, no one to care about them because spiders can't care about something. This question is stupid because you're just looking to be deep and philosophical but you failed. Human's learn, grow, think, develop personalities, relationships, they can feel joy, pain, anger, jealousy, etc. They are completely aware of what's going on around them.

Is it wrong to kill a spider? Maybe. But it is much worse to kill a human and trying to argue that all animals are the same blah blah blah is just stupid. Some animals are more advanced than others and should be treated as so.

True, but there are other factors that can contribute to "imortance" too. Like take the bacteria that lives on us -and essentially "operates" us-. We are more advanced than them and are treated as such but without said bacteria, we would die. So, what I'm saying is that advancement isn't the only thing to consider. Not to mention, insects are what keep most of the planet working in a sense.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby classthe_king » Apr 7th, '12, 22:08

12characters wrote:
classthe_king wrote:Spiders are unintelligent, unemotional creatures with no thoughts whatsoever. They have no families, no one to care about them because spiders can't care about something. This question is stupid because you're just looking to be deep and philosophical but you failed. Human's learn, grow, think, develop personalities, relationships, they can feel joy, pain, anger, jealousy, etc. They are completely aware of what's going on around them.

Is it wrong to kill a spider? Maybe. But it is much worse to kill a human and trying to argue that all animals are the same blah blah blah is just stupid. Some animals are more advanced than others and should be treated as so.

True, but there are other factors that can contribute to "imortance" too. Like take the bacteria that lives on us -and essentially "operates" us-. We are more advanced than them and are treated as such but without said bacteria, we would die. So, what I'm saying is that advancement isn't the only thing to consider. Not to mention, insects are what keep most of the planet working in a sense.

I'm not denying this at all. Everything on Earth works together to make it function. Spiders keep the fly (and other things) population down for example. But there are billions and billions and billions of insects in the world. It's probably well into the trillions. No matter how many spiders humans kill it's not going to affect anything. But killing just one human would negatively affect a lot of people's lives.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby 12characters » Apr 7th, '12, 22:17

classthe_king wrote:
12characters wrote:

I'm not denying this at all. Everything on Earth works together to make it function. Spiders keep the fly (and other things) population down for example. But there are billions and billions and billions of insects in the world. It's probably well into the trillions. No matter how many spiders humans kill it's not going to affect anything. But killing just one human would negatively affect a lot of people's lives.

Very good point as well. :-k

I think from a morality point, I wouldn't want to kill a spider but that's just a preference. Unless everyone went on spider killing sprees then it shouldn't be a problem from a technical point of view.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby momentsgolden » Apr 7th, '12, 22:46

classthe_king wrote:wat

This,

classthe_king wrote:. This question is stupid because you're just looking to be deep and philosophical but you failed.

Was unnecessarily cocky.
Songs of the year

momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Apr 7th, '12, 22:48

I apologize
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby DanWS » Apr 8th, '12, 02:40

This pretty much boils down to a "is life of higher intelligence more valuable than life of lower intelligence?" question. Which in turn would go all the way back to "is every new generation of bacteria more valuable than the previous generation?" since we are just very highly advanced forms of bacteria/eukaryotes anyway.
TRshady wrote:The server is indeed unaware of the greatness that is DanWS.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Amaranthine » Apr 8th, '12, 06:05

My cat's life is more valuable than all of yours combined. #truestory :flower:
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Amaranthine » Apr 8th, '12, 06:10

Menzo wrote:
Amaranthine wrote:My cat's life is more valuable than all of yours combined. #truestory :flower:

All nine of them?

He's only got one life left. :(
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby momentsgolden » Apr 8th, '12, 07:23

Menzo wrote:
momentsgolden wrote:Come to think of it... there was a challenge in the New York Times on whether its ethical for humans to eat meat. Anyone who can get a hold of that could share the insights

Of course it's ethical to eat meat, we're fuckin omnivores. My word, I hate people who try to make you feel dumb for eating meat.

I eat meat and i bet half the fucking forum does!! But, the article was supposed to counter the whole PETA, vegan, vegetarian movement thats been trying to demonize it.
Songs of the year

momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby _Steven_ » Apr 8th, '12, 11:40

Amaranthine wrote:My cat's life is more valuable than all of yours combined. #truestory :flower:

:tounge2:

Put the earphones on and made the bitch Def Jam
_Steven_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Apr 8th, '12, 17:08

more annoying :shifty:

apology accepted :b:
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » May 5th, '12, 19:51

Amadeo wrote:
CrashBand wrote:What's different from the spider. It can't feel pain

Uh, what?

um? I think I was asking what's so different from stomping a spider compared to stomping a rock if a spider can't feel pain
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate