The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What makes human life more valuable than spiders?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: What makes human life more valuable than spiders?

Postby CrashBand » Mar 19th, '12, 23:12

Menzo wrote:
CrashBand wrote:
*name* wrote:What makes a human life more valuable than a spider's life?

That's a simple question, imagine if you were required to pick a creature to be killed and the other to survive, a human you don't know, or a spider, guaranteed more than 50% will pick the human, cause the human can grow up and invent something that's very useful in our daily life, carry something into a whole new level, basically push the human race forward. I doubt if the spider survived it will provide us with improved technology or methods to make life easier or even have 10 IQ or the ability to speak/write/solve questions and come up with theories to help creatures. If you let the spider survive, it can kill another human, who knows, spiders are defensive in their nature. It's not a win/win situation, it's a loss-win situation, and being a human myself (duh) you'll have to say I'm biased to my brother human, therefore I'd generally say he's more valuable than other creatures.

What makes a human life more valuable than a spider's life? A lot. What makes a spider's life more valuable than a human's life? Can be a lot, but definitely less than what humans have to offer - to us humans -, and as ego-centric bastards, we'll pick our benefits.

With the same logic could you argue My life is more valuable than that of a special needs person or an idiot?

Depends how you look at it. From nature's perspective, yes, actually if we weren't as advanced as we were and as intelligent as we were, a lot of people you know would probably be dead due to idiocy, birth defects, illness, physical/mental incapabilities.

But the human conscience and our seemingly psychologically engraved morals allow us to perceive each human as an equal.

I dunno. Fuck spiders.

Yeah I came to this conclusion too. As humans we have consciousness. We can feel pain and suffering. A spider can't.

We know its wrong to torture an innocent child because of this. But we torture the fuck out of a rock and it's not doing anything wrong.

What's different from the spider. It can't feel pain, there shouldn't be too much worry about killing it.

(I don't think it's allright for people to be gaining pleasure for killing or torturing spiders because I think that's psychological problems)
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Mar 20th, '12, 02:24

*name* wrote:Image

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:worship:
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby SajN » Mar 26th, '12, 14:15

Menzo wrote:Not to mention, I kill spider instantly. It's not it literally would endure pain.

I love spiders :(
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby BigBoss » Mar 26th, '12, 14:52

SajN wrote:
Menzo wrote:Not to mention, I kill spider instantly. It's not it literally would endure pain.

I love spiders :(

Would you like it if one of those deadly beasts were crawling on your neck, and i mean a deadly one to. big hairy, scratchy, huge ass fangs.

NOPE
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Mar 26th, '12, 15:13

I think humans are more important than spiders because we can actually make a big change in the world unlike spiders lol and if a spider is threatening a human life that could change the world then of course it would be better to kill it..
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby momentsgolden » Mar 26th, '12, 15:35

^ A "change in the world" as you pointed out could make us the least important because we the most destructive (to other organisms, including ourselves)
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DanWS » Mar 30th, '12, 13:04

It isn't more valuable, objectively. But obviously humans are gonna have a natural inclination to place more value on a human life than a spider's life. It's probably the same for every animal on earth - they're always gonna look out for their own kind. It's just nature.
TRshady wrote:The server is indeed unaware of the greatness that is DanWS.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Mar 30th, '12, 23:22

^yeah bu we can but this aside as we are conscious beings.

It would be natural to protect our own species over spiders in evolution.

But as conscious beings we can make a decision if we think this ir right or wrong. Why are we better than other animals. Not only spiders but all sorts of animals.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Mar 30th, '12, 23:43

Yes, its the same point. But I think it's right, I do feel its 'instinct' to protect our species over others.

But it's also 'instinct' for survival of the fittest (within our species). That's how evolution works.

But Humans, who are now conscious, can see this as wrong. I mean why are we trying to stop species from going extinct
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby DanWS » Mar 31st, '12, 20:18

CrashBand wrote:^yeah bu we can but this aside as we are conscious beings.

It would be natural to protect our own species over spiders in evolution.

But as conscious beings we can make a decision if we think this ir right or wrong. Why are we better than other animals. Not only spiders but all sorts of animals.

Like I said, objectively we are not better than any other living creature.

And all other animals are conscious beings, too. Even plants have been shown in tests to be conscious. We're just more intelligent.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Mar 31st, '12, 20:20

Perhaps he meant more like "self-conscious."
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby DanWS » Mar 31st, '12, 20:42

I don't think he did tbh, I think he just meant to say "more conscious". But I'm high.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Mar 31st, '12, 21:36

Menzo wrote:
CrashBand wrote:But it's also 'instinct' for survival of the fittest (within our species). That's how evolution works.

But Humans, who are now conscious, can see this as wrong. I mean why are we trying to stop species from going extinct

Well, we might not kill each other but survival of the fittest certainly exists amongst humans.

How many of us have been backstabbed or cheated on? Doesn't always have to be a life/death situation.

True. Ultimately I believe everyone looks out for themselves.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby _Steven_ » Apr 7th, '12, 16:20

Because spider bites a lot of his bars from other artists and well respected humans don't do that, thats why we have to murder the spider.

well just my opinion anyway

Put the earphones on and made the bitch Def Jam
_Steven_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Apr 7th, '12, 21:16

Spiders are unintelligent, unemotional creatures with no thoughts whatsoever. They have no families, no one to care about them because spiders can't care about something. This question is stupid because you're just looking to be deep and philosophical but you failed. Human's learn, grow, think, develop personalities, relationships, they can feel joy, pain, anger, jealousy, etc. They are completely aware of what's going on around them.

Is it wrong to kill a spider? Maybe. But it is much worse to kill a human and trying to argue that all animals are the same blah blah blah is just stupid. Some animals are more advanced than others and should be treated as so.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate