The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What makes human life more valuable than spiders?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

What makes human life more valuable than spiders?

Postby CrashBand » Mar 17th, '12, 11:28

I'd assume the majority of people on this forum would be okay with killing a spider but not okay with killing a human (i hope :sweating: ).

So if this is the case... "Why is a human's life 'better' than a spiders life?"

or is the question "is a human's life 'better' than a spiders?"

and after answering that is it then allright to squash a spider?

For those that don't know spiders do not have consciousness, they are virtually like arachnid machines with instincts.

Discuss away :happy:

I'll post my views after some healthy debate
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Re: What makes human life more valuable than spiders?

Postby momentsgolden » Mar 17th, '12, 13:48

Well, this might degenerate to a God debate so here is the case split-

Case one- God exists and we humans are his special love and therefore we are important. Hopefully this will be confined to the other thread by Eminembase

Case two- we are more biologically advanced than animals AND its normal for animals not to kill their relatives
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Mar 17th, '12, 13:58

momentsgolden wrote:Well, this might degenerate to a God debate so here is the case split-

Case one- God exists and we humans are his special love and therefore we are important. Hopefully this will be confined to the other thread by Eminembase

How about we ignore case one otherwise it might stray off topic

........and cos god doesn't exsist :happy:

Case two- we are more biologically advanced than animals AND its normal for animals not to kill their relatives

is this arguing that we shouldn't kill a spider? :unsure:
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby momentsgolden » Mar 17th, '12, 18:46

no, its an argument that we shouldnt kill fellow human beings and we could kill spiders if they threaten our existence.

In the general case, lions do not eat lions, cattle are co-existent and dogs eat all else except dogs. The primal urge to kill a fellow species should be confined to those that have broken the moral code- death penalty for example.
Songs of the year

momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ImHungry » Mar 17th, '12, 19:56

What if your fellow human being is threatening your existence?
ImHungry
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Emadyville » Mar 17th, '12, 20:20

i fuckin hate spiders so yes i kill them when i can
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby momentsgolden » Mar 17th, '12, 21:25

ImHungry wrote:What if your fellow human being is threatening your existence?

Like i said, kill 'em. There is great philosophical arguments around that although i am of the view that in the natural kingdom, aggression knows no boundaries. If he threateans our existence as society, KILL EM!
Songs of the year

momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Mar 17th, '12, 21:57

I fucking hate spiders, so that automatically sets anyone's life ahead of spiders for me lmao.

But I get what you're saying...I've wondered about that sometimes too but haven't really come up with a concrete answer.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby EG. » Mar 18th, '12, 15:52

*name* wrote:because a human is more intelligent, more useful, more friendly, and overall more important

How are we more useful, friendly and important?
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Trimss » Mar 18th, '12, 16:04

I know some spiders who wouldn't hesitate to kill me though. But I don't kill them.

Not really related to spiders (at least, if you don't eat them) but It's like that, predators kill weak animals to eat them, weak animals kill weaker animals to eat them and faggots are vegetarian.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby 12characters » Mar 18th, '12, 21:01

*name* wrote:
EG. wrote:
*name* wrote:because a human is more intelligent, more useful, more friendly, and overall more important

How are we more useful, friendly and important?

Let's put it this way, which can be too harsh, but it's my view on the subject

Basically, humans must keep each life possible, you don't go around killing every spider or every animal because it's "unnecessary", but it's impossible to compare a spider's life to a human. I put it in a quick way hoping somebody would ignore it but i'll go in a deeper level now

What makes a human life more valuable than a spider's life?

That's a simple question, imagine if you were required to pick a creature to be killed and the other to survive, a human you don't know, or a spider, guaranteed more than 50% will pick the human, cause the human can grow up and invent something that's very useful in our daily life, carry something into a whole new level, basically push the human race forward. I doubt if the spider survived it will provide us with improved technology or methods to make life easier or even have 10 IQ or the ability to speak/write/solve questions and come up with theories to help creatures. If you let the spider survive, it can kill another human, who knows, spiders are defensive in their nature. It's not a win/win situation, it's a loss-win situation, and being a human myself (duh) you'll have to say I'm biased to my brother human, therefore I'd generally say he's more valuable than other creatures.

That being said, every creature offers benefits, like Revolutionary said, I'm not saying spiders are trash that needs to be disposed, I'm only making the comparison by my logic. What makes a human life more valuable than a spider's life? A lot. What makes a spider's life more valuable than a human's life? Can be a lot, but definitely less than what humans have to offer - to us humans -, and as ego-centric bastards, we'll pick our benefits.

The way that was worded :flutter:

*name* wrote:inb4racist.

:flutter:
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EG. » Mar 18th, '12, 21:12

Sorry for not ignoring it lol.

*name* wrote:-cause the human can grow up and invent something that's very useful in our daily life, carry something into a whole new level, basically push the human race forward. I doubt if the spider survived it will provide us with improved technology

-What makes a spider's life more valuable than a human's life? Can be a lot, but definitely less than what humans have to offer - to us humans -, and as ego-centric bastards, we'll pick our benefits.

This sums it up.
Like you said, totally biased to humans. If you look at the bigger image, the image of all creatures, this doesn't mean anything.

I see why you think that way though but i try to avoid it. The human race has destroyed a lot. And will keep continuing to do so. Hell, we're even destroying the planet.
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EG. » Mar 18th, '12, 21:33

*name* wrote:word, but humans are destroying their own planet because of their insistence to advance more, unnecessarily, such as destroying forests for creating new cities, imprisonating animals for zoos, exterminating wild animals, and other bullshit that you see. we're greedy bastards who won't stop when we reach the target, but we'll will go pass it no matter what it takes.

Jup, or being in the illusion that the economy has to keep growing, at everything's expense. (kinda random, i know) And i do get your point :y:
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby momentsgolden » Mar 18th, '12, 21:37

well, i guess this solves it, from a "veil of ignorance", a common philosophical way if thinkin, if we ddnt know whether we are humans or spiders before we were in existance we'd say that they are equally important.

Just saying, being more intelligent is even a bias to humans because they cant be the Biggest, strongest, fastest or oldest specie on earth
Songs of the year

momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Mar 19th, '12, 07:43

*name* wrote:What makes a human life more valuable than a spider's life?

That's a simple question, imagine if you were required to pick a creature to be killed and the other to survive, a human you don't know, or a spider, guaranteed more than 50% will pick the human, cause the human can grow up and invent something that's very useful in our daily life, carry something into a whole new level, basically push the human race forward. I doubt if the spider survived it will provide us with improved technology or methods to make life easier or even have 10 IQ or the ability to speak/write/solve questions and come up with theories to help creatures. If you let the spider survive, it can kill another human, who knows, spiders are defensive in their nature. It's not a win/win situation, it's a loss-win situation, and being a human myself (duh) you'll have to say I'm biased to my brother human, therefore I'd generally say he's more valuable than other creatures.

What makes a human life more valuable than a spider's life? A lot. What makes a spider's life more valuable than a human's life? Can be a lot, but definitely less than what humans have to offer - to us humans -, and as ego-centric bastards, we'll pick our benefits.

With the same logic could you argue My life is more valuable than that of a special needs person or an idiot?
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Next

Return to Serious Debate