The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Moral Side Of Murder.

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: The Moral Side Of Murder.

Postby momentsgolden » Apr 8th, '12, 19:54

Blu wrote:
CrashBand wrote:>Goes to very first psychology 101 lecture
>Makes a thread discussing morality online

What? lol I got this from a video on YouTube.

its the one i pointed you to... Justice series by Micheal Sandel. Lecture one. The whole 12 are interesting actually and i encourage anyone who wants to prepare themselves for ANY Debate to watch it.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 12characters » Apr 9th, '12, 19:22

Menzo wrote:I'd realistically just honk the horn or yell and once I caught their attention, start jacking off.

Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby cheeseburger » Apr 10th, '12, 09:08

What Menzo said, minus the handjob.

Why not just make them move out of the way?
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Atone » Apr 10th, '12, 10:30

1. Jump out and watch ppl get killed

2. get my camera out and record 5 workers getting killed

these ppl are strangers, why should i save their life?
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Kill You » Apr 10th, '12, 16:48

Atone The Underdog wrote:1. Jump out and watch ppl get killed

You could probe all of their assholes and send warning singles. :whistle:
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby tommydervan » Apr 10th, '12, 21:02

Blu wrote:Today, I've been doing a lot of thinking. Watching a ton of YouTube videos, eating, sleeping, etc. So with all the thinking, I've conjured up two scenarios. And in each, you have two choices. If you plan on posting in this topic, I hope you do explain your choices for whatever you did in each scenario.

Scenario #1 - The Workers
Let's say that you operate a trolley car. And somehow, while operating said trolley car, a mechanism stopped working causing the trolley to go full on kamikaze mode. As you repeatedly slammed the brakes, you soon realized that they didn't even work. As the trolley is moving, you see five workers fixing the tracks that your very trolley car was placed on. Suddenly, you see a side track that would easily get you out of their direction. However, there is one worker placed on that track. The steering wheel works.

So you have two choices: continue driving straight and kill the five workers OR turn the trolley car onto the side track and kill the one worker.

Scenario #2 - Fat Man
Instead of you being the operator for this scenario, you are now a bystander. The one worker no longer exists in this scenario, so the side track is completely gone. Instead, it's just you, the five workers, the operator and a very large man. The five workers are just getting done fixing a large crack in the tracks, but the volley is headed it's way. The brakes still do not work, neither does the steering wheel. However, you and the large man are standing on a sidewalk parallel to the trolley's tracks.

So you have two choices: with one swift push, you can easily use the large man to stop the trolley car, killing him OR you can simply let the five workers die.

Be sure to explain your reasoning's.

I sorta feel like these are pretty simple questions but maybe not...

So first question is basicly asking do you kill "one guy" or "five guys" unless I am not getting something with the details of them fixing the tracks. I suppose you have to make the rational decision that if people absolutely have to die, then less people die'ing is betting then more. So i'd hit the one guy

Now as I write about the second I realize what its all about. Technically in the first you are choosing who to murder, and in the second you are actively killing someone if you push them in front of the trolly. In this though you are actively killing a person who was previously un-involved. I feel like the answer is- you push them... but for some reason I feel like it's not your decision to make to kill an un-involved person, I suppose you let the thing continue on it's path.

Danm breakless trolly's
tommydervan
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby CrashBand » Apr 12th, '12, 05:05

tommydervan wrote:I sorta feel like these are pretty simple questions but maybe not...

So first question is basicly asking do you kill "one guy" or "five guys" unless I am not getting something with the details of them fixing the tracks. I suppose you have to make the rational decision that if people absolutely have to die, then less people die'ing is betting then more. So i'd hit the one guy

Now as I write about the second I realize what its all about. Technically in the first you are choosing who to murder, and in the second you are actively killing someone if you push them in front of the trolly. In this though you are actively killing a person who was previously un-involved. I feel like the answer is- you push them... but for some reason I feel like it's not your decision to make to kill an un-involved person, I suppose you let the thing continue on it's path.

Danm breakless trolly's

Slightly disagree here.
You say in scenario 2 that the bystander is uninvolved. But so is the one man in the first scenario.

I think the main distinction between the two is not that one is more 'un-involved'
Butas you said, the distinction is that in scenario 2 you have to actively murder someone.
Unlike scenario 1 where your action has the consequence of killing someone.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Atone » Apr 12th, '12, 05:18

Kill You wrote:
Atone The Underdog wrote:1. Jump out and watch ppl get killed

You could probe all of their assholes and send warning singles. :whistle:

I'd rather get it in the ass tho, i'm so gay i make Elton John Blush
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Apr 17th, '12, 05:46

Kill the 5, it was broken machinery and that's not my fault. If I choose to kill someone over another (or others) then that particular death is my fault because I have acted and that action has effected the outcome.

In scenario 2 I would kill the fat man, because I hate fat people.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Emadyville » Apr 22nd, '12, 21:50

Chet Starr wrote:Scenario 1 = I would kill the single worker, because less death is always better in my opinion.

Scenario 2 = I would let the five workers die horrible horrible deaths. Saving five strangers is not worth spending the rest of my life in prision

This for scenario one, plus I feel I'd have a better chance of getting the one man to get out the way than the five men...altho I think thats not gunna happen based on your scenario.

Same for scenario two, altho idk if I could push the man tbh knowing I literally killed the man.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Doodlebug » May 9th, '12, 17:26

For Scenario 1

I would keep bearing on the steering and try to get it off the the tracks as it made the turn - all the while SCREAMING to get off the tracks and using anything at my disposal to make immediate and sudden noise. Then, I'd go the one man was and hope he heard me.

In retrospect - I'd never drive the Trolly w/o an alternative method of stopping it.

For Scenario 2

I'd yell - throw something to get them to move. There is no way to determine if I did jump down to try to save them - I would even be able to push them all off the tracks at the same exact time.

And I'd then make a recommendation that a un-movable block be placed on the tracks (on both sides) to ensure if any of these circumstances did happen, the blocks would stop the trollies.
>> call me Deb...
We are the children of pain.... educated by hurt..." - Deb
Doodlebug
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Previous

Return to Serious Debate