The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What would you tell your younger self?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

What would you tell your younger self?

Postby TRshady » Apr 18th, '12, 14:34

What would you say to your younger self if you had the chance?
What do you wish you had known back then, or what would you like to have been told?

Personally, I would have told myself not to let age hold you back. I think people have a tendency to think of themselves as inferior amongst elders. We assume an older person will have more experience, more talent and more worth. Yet what has become increasingly evident over time is how what's more important is how you see yourself, and it's ironically it's maturity that teaches you this. It's almost as if maturity doesn't come with age, but simply knowing your age. Or maybe age really was that significant and I can't tell how much I've changed since then.

Anyway, a chance encounter with your younger self,
what advice or knowledge would you share?
TRshady
Government
Government

Re: What would you tell your younger self?

Postby dR3 » Apr 18th, '12, 14:48

Well, I'm almost 20 and I feel pretty mature for my age. I like to mess around a lot, but when it's time to be serious and do grown-up stuff, I switch to my "mature" side without a problem. It sounds a bit stupid, but that's how I function.

About telling something to my younger self.. I really can't think of anything since I'm not that old. Maybe it would've been better for me not to spend as much time in front of the computer as I used to spend. With my current state of mind, life is a lot better when you're spending time with your girlfriend, long-time friends, meeting new people... - instead of wasting time browsing the internet/playing games by yourself. That's what fills me with positive energy and I feel like slowly but steadily I'm putting the negatives away and enjoying life more and more each day.

At the end of the day, we learn from our mistakes and that's what makes us more experienced. That's how we evolve as persons.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby BigBoss » Apr 18th, '12, 16:07

I would tell littleboss to not eat junk food, and go running, workout WAY more often. And pay more attention in school.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Apr 18th, '12, 16:08

BigBoss wrote:I would tell littleboss to not eat junk food, and go running, workout WAY more often. And pay more attention in school.

This. I'm only 22 but I would tell my younger self to be more healthy and obviously do better in school.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby EminemBase » Apr 21st, '12, 14:04

Grow up.

Either that or:

"Hi Nick, I'm future Nick - I'm the Nick that you will eventually be if you continue to make the choices you're making. And I'm an asshole, so make different choices before it's too late fucker"

Nah, I dunno... I'll think about it.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby AJS2050 » Apr 22nd, '12, 19:46

Im also only 22. To me in my teen years between 13-17 i'd say do more activities and be less shy, oh and turn that rubbish mainstream music down and put some real music on. P.S. when your 14 go out with that hot nerdy girl insted of that of that popular girl. Don't say no just because she's nerdish, she's miles better.
AJS2050
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Emadyville » Apr 22nd, '12, 21:46

I'd tell myself to enjoy high school and college the best you can because when its over and the real world is all you have, you'll be left with only memories, so make the most of it.

I'd say not to make a big deal over girls, there's always more and they're all nuts anyways.

I'd tell him to work harder at basketball, and that all I did accomplish could have been even greater if I worked even harder.

I'd say not to worry so much about every test in school, don't stress out over it, cause in the real world that shit won't mean anything.

Finally, don't always worry about being the nice guy and trying to help others so much, worry about yourself because the return on your effort and caring is never worth it.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Trimss » Apr 22nd, '12, 23:29

I would tell myself stop being naive.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby UofLCard » May 7th, '12, 23:21

To stand up for yourself more in middle school. I should taken a foot to the nuts of immiture little mofos in my class who made my life hell. Coincidentally, I've imagined doing stuff like this recently.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Doodlebug » May 9th, '12, 17:13

I'd tell myself, to never allow anyone to dim the fight in me... make me less than what I am.

I don't know when it happened, I only know it happened over time.. making concessions for others, not stepping up and talking out, not fighting for what I knew to be right - because they might go away from me - and I'd lose everything.

I did not realize that when I lost this part of me - I already had (lost everything).

We give people too much power over our lives, out of love. But it's not out of love they abuse us, neglect us, treat us badly... so why don't we see that -- then? Before the years ticked off, and time wound down.?
>> call me Deb...
We are the children of pain.... educated by hurt..." - Deb
Doodlebug
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Slim Fiasco » May 9th, '12, 17:56

I'd lie to myself that I'll get to fuck more than I actually do, just to make the fucker more enthusiastic and confident.

I'd tell him to start rapping, and how to improve faster at it. (this is my only regret in life really)

I'd tech myself how to learn better, so that he would've have more success in school.

I'd tell him all the important realizations that I've had so that he has a better start, and become more by the time he's 22.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Slim Fiasco » May 9th, '12, 17:57

And this thread could make a great movie. Something like Back To The Future...

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ashley94 » May 10th, '12, 01:55

to share my feelings with other people, if i had a problem i didn't tell anyone about it, not my parents, not my friends, and i would tell myself to be less shy.
ashley94
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby J.R. » May 13th, '12, 01:27

Put the fucking Hamburger down you fat fuck.
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Mr.DGAF » May 21st, '12, 16:43

Absolutely nothing. At this point, I'm still learning. Sure I've made mistakes, but I find that learning from mistakes helps much more than cake walking through life. That's just me though.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Next

Return to Serious Debate