The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Cursing

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Cursing

Postby Blu » May 2nd, '12, 07:09

Honestly, I don't care. Just like Dan said, it's freedom of speech. I've cussed in front of my parents, peers, and teachers. I don't feel it's necessary to change my vocab depending on who I am talking to. But then again, I do not use cuss words just to put someone in an off mood. I don't purposely go around calling people shit-eaters, cunts, faggots.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CrashBand » May 2nd, '12, 09:50

DanWS wrote:The conversation we're having is a lot deeper than what we personally believe, though. We're talking about consciously offending someone by doing something that we don't personally find offensive. I think it's silly to be offended by swearing, but I wouldn't wanna be continually offending someone I respected. Would you?

I see what you are saying but if someone didn't have good reason to be offended than I don't think you should feel bad for offending them.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Doodlebug » May 3rd, '12, 12:57

It's not so much the word - as the meaning behind it.

I rarely say the word you mentioned less I'm ready to get in someone's face - and I feel because I don't just throw it around, it holds alot of meaning and power to me - when I do use it.

The curse words in the music - help express what the singer is trying to relate to you - to bring out those moods in you and in this - both of you sync.

I don't take cursing at me - less it's by someone I respect or who I care about their opinion. But cursing can be done in play and jest. Be sure the person your talking at or about knows this.

Curses can mean alot or nothing and be just words - it's all in how you see it I guess. Most times, to me, its just more meaningless chatter - words to act in stead of a person holding you back from popping someone or going off. Got to admit - is true. Stub your toe > curse or pop the first person that gets on your last nerve.
>> call me Deb...
We are the children of pain.... educated by hurt..." - Deb
Doodlebug
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby the real slim shady » May 16th, '12, 16:08

swearing is an important part of the available vocabulary, and in certain situations swear words can be used to emphasise words in a way that you otherwise cant. Also, in my opinion theyre just words. Unless youre directing them at someone in an unfair way, who gives a shit? see whut i did there?
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby NextEpisode » May 16th, '12, 22:07

Unnecessary cursing, cursing just for the heck of it and just in general "over-cursing" just looks/sounds stupid, imo.
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » May 17th, '12, 03:45

NextEpisode wrote:Unnecessary cursing, cursing just for the heck of it and just in general "over-cursing" just looks/sounds stupid, imo.

Yes, it's often a sign of someone with lower intelligence. I still don't think people should be offended by it though.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » May 17th, '12, 11:56

Menzo wrote:I don't feel bad for offending people, unless I legitimately meant something one way and the person whom I highly respect interpreted it the other way..even though, in those cases, I get pissed off and curse at them for interpreting it the wrong way lol.

I cuss when I talk, naturally...but it's hardly ever out of malicious intent. A lot of the time it's just easier for me to get my point across, or it makes the impact of what I'm saying more felt.

I hate over-swearing people though, young kids will do it a lot but I guess it's natural..cunts..

Yeah exactly. A lot of people in this day and age swear as part of conversation, to add emphasis etc.

Problem is people get offended by this, which I think they shouldn't and I do believe less and less people will be offended by swearing as we move forward. It's just like everything.

When someone is putting someone down and swearing or being malicious to someone while swearing people should get offended by this of course. But swearing isn't the issue lmao it's the fact you are being malicious or putting someone down.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Alex2012 » Aug 24th, '12, 10:34

Goddamn fucking bullshit motherfucker

but it depends how you tell it.

my mother will be more hurted if i say to her she's just stupid instead of you piss me off

i can say you piss me off ou fucking bullshit when i'm mad i feel better after.

if i want to insult someone in a serious way i'll prefer to use big words.

my children are not allowed to swear though, they asked why, i answered it's just because in the mouth of small children that's not beautiful and they have to learn how to talk good before to talk bad.
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Aug 24th, '12, 11:17

I think sometimes cursing can be a therapy. The other day someone was annoying me badly. I was trying to be patient but that ANDA Y QUE TE FOLLEN was the best solution. And you feel so good after.

I agree with you with the children thing. At the end for the most part , they just try to be cool.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Oct 11th, '12, 10:46

I don't think anyone should find cursing offensive, because they are jut words like any other words. However, I think if you know someone will be offended, regarlesss of whether or not you feel it is justified, the polite thing to do is to refrain.

Also, swearing is quite a "bogan" thing to do. Do you guys have bogans outside of Australia? there just seems to be a stigma attached to those people, and I personally think if you can convey emotion and your feelings without having to swear then you are better for it. I would never go to a fancy restaurant and say "gimme the fucking duck a la ronge, cunt!" you know? the same way I wouldnt talk about sex, or tell inapproriate jokes. Not because I would find it offensive, I just think it's inapropriate at times.

I am a very socially aware person that can feel very awkward. I pick up on peoples emotions very easly and can tell when people are uncomfortable by others actions and it makes me uncomfortable.

And if you swore at my grandmother I'd knock your fucking teeth out haha.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Oct 11th, '12, 12:31

Hmmm. This was a while ago, and I've come to the conclusion that - I still don't feel people are justified to be offended by swearing. Some people are though. And there is not a need for me to swear in front of my grandma.

That's the key difference. There is a need to stick up for gay / black people. And not one for swearing.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby LK5 » Oct 12th, '12, 15:36

Swearing is overrated. People overreact when someone on TV says a bad word and that's why kids use it, because it's forbidden. It's just a fuckin word.
LK5
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Oct 12th, '12, 16:14

I think swearing is the dumbest thing ever. All words are just random, nonsensical sounds that we assign meaning to. Therefore, we as a society are deciding, on purpose, to be offended by certain words. If I said in class that I was screwed for this test I wouldn't get in any trouble but if I said I was fucked for this test then I would? That makes no sense to me.

On the other hand, there have been studies that show yelling "forbidden" words after you get hurt does actually help decrease the level of pain you feel. So I guess it is beneficial in that way.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby UofLCard » Oct 12th, '12, 21:27

I really don't swear, but I don't have much problem with those who do.

LK5 wrote:Swearing is overrated. People overreact when someone on TV says a bad word and that's why kids use it, because it's forbidden.

Which is also the reason why many teenagers drink. It's the ultimate forbidden fruit for the under-21 crowd.

SliK wrote:Also, swearing is quite a "bogan" thing to do. Do you guys have bogans outside of Australia?.

From what I've read, the redneck is the American equivelant of the "bogan".
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Willy » Oct 12th, '12, 22:46

I think that it's good that people find it offensive because if they didn't the words would lose their power. People being offended and reacting strongly to these words empowers us with them, and I can't say that is a bad thing.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate