The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Cursing

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Cursing

Postby Kill You » Oct 14th, '12, 20:23

classthe_king wrote:I think swearing is the dumbest thing ever. All words are just random, nonsensical sounds that we assign meaning to. Therefore, we as a society are deciding, on purpose, to be offended by certain words. If I said in class that I was screwed for this test I wouldn't get in any trouble but if I said I was fucked for this test then I would? That makes no sense to me.

On the other hand, there have been studies that show yelling "forbidden" words after you get hurt does actually help decrease the level of pain you feel. So I guess it is beneficial in that way.

Preach it, sister!
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby iain08 » Oct 23rd, '12, 04:26

When people swear nonstop, it makes them appear very unintelligent and immature. Whenever I'm on the train to uni and see teenagers/adults saying 'fuck' every 5th word, they lose credibility.

I swear a lot more casually online than I do in real life, and I would only swear around my friends normally. Depends on your audience - if I'm hanging out with my friends and he calls someone a fucktard who's being a fucktard, I'll laugh.

But if you're telling a story that goes "so I was fuckin walkin down the street to the store to get my fuckin bacon on, I saw a nasty ass bitch start bein a fuckin slut to her shitty ass boyfriend" I'm like really?
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Emadyville » Oct 30th, '12, 06:32

you can say whatever you want in my book, words only have negative meanings because people before us said certain words are "bad".
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Previous

Return to Serious Debate