The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Gay Marches Poll

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Are you for or against Gay Marches

For
61%
Against
39%

Total votes : 36

Gay Marches Poll

Postby the real slim shady » Jun 25th, '12, 20:59

ok so vote, do your thing
Last edited by the real slim shady on Jun 25th, '12, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Gay Marches Poll

Postby Guess_Who » Jun 25th, '12, 21:00

Voted for, but the I don't care options and unsure shouldn't be there.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby the real slim shady » Jun 25th, '12, 21:01

Guess_Who wrote:Voted for, but the I don't care options and unsure shouldn't be there.

well some people might want them, like people that dont really know about it or people who dont give a fuck either way
but fine, they are gone, now i cant vote though

you gotta vote again though because i changed it
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Guess_Who » Jun 25th, '12, 22:08

Lello wrote:what do you mean by Gay Marches?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_pride

Gay pride or LGBT pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people to promote their self-affirmation, equality rights, increase their visibility as a social group, build community, and celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance. Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rights movements throughout the world.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Trimss » Jun 25th, '12, 22:36

Against.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby dead prez » Jun 25th, '12, 23:11

name wrote:What's the point of creating a movement against discrimination and violence towards gays and lesbians that assists in doing so in the first place?

How does it assist in creating discrimination at all? Maybe major points of contention but yes if you already don't get it than wow. That's the point it's meant to be controversial.

I mean, naturally, when a straight guy sees this on the street:

The first thing he'll think about is WTF is this shit.

Speak for name and name alone don't even think that you can somehow be a vessel for the rest of the sane world.

So yeah, I think I'm against it only for the horrible execution of the idea, perhaps try to eliminate discrimination against your kind in a more effective way, but the way I see it these gay marches' results are completely opposing what it's meant to be. It's more like a "We'll make you guys hate us more" march.

Or maybe we should be teaching pukestain bigots to be more accpeting and to not freak out over shit like this in the first place that isn't even a goddamn big deal. For crying out loud it's the same line of logic as blaming girls that dress slutty for being raped rather than denizens of filth who actually harrased them in the first place. Rather than telling women not to dress like that we should be invoking fear in these absolute scum who even think of laying hands on someone who's dressed provactively. That's what's wrong with society in the first place. Rather than telling LGBT people to behave or act more appropriately how about we actually start rectifying the damages by targeting the morons who even think of harming these people because they engage in acts of activity that have no goddamn business to do with them in the first place.

Acceptance isn't something that's happened by merely sitting down and rectifying matters peacefully (I don't mind you have to be all violent like the black panthers) but this is something needs to be drawn attention to. Ever wonder why most of today's younger generations are "chill" with gay people, and in 40 or so years the whole concept of homophobia will be as outdates as racism.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dead prez » Jun 25th, '12, 23:40

name wrote:
Controversial can be good, controversy draws attention, but controversy can be bad and repulsing. Just the kind I'm talking about

How is it bad controversy, it's bringing forward attention to a matter that needs to be addressed, you're basically arguing that they should sit still and be good little LGBT people and wait their turn in line. Which is monumentally stupid.

You're trying too hard.

Shut the fuck up, I'm being extremely patient with you. But don't even think of brushing that statement aside like it's not relevant. You're speaking for an entire group of people (straight) and I'm saying not to. So what's there to discuss?

Most people who hate gays ARE teenagers though.

And try to keep it short or at least include a TL;DR version

No they aren't. I know you don't live in America but the people most homophobic are without a doubt the older generation where it was considered unspeakable to even be considered gay, laughable even. Why do you think so many 50 plus year olds are coming out of the close now? Because people are more accepting than 50 years or so ago. Also there's a huge difference between the misogynistic/homophobic crowd who think (women kitchen jokes are funny) and like to call every think they dislike gay, and mature young adults (early 20s and so on) who actually are advocating for gay rights and gay marriage.

Also my post was nowhere near long, wtf.
Last edited by dead prez on Jun 25th, '12, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dead prez » Jun 26th, '12, 00:11

name wrote:
It's hypocritical as fuck if you ask me. "We're trying to do a movement to reduce hate on us homosexuals, it's gonna make a lot of people dislike us more though" that's just defying it's purpose. If anything, disapproving homosexuality is an opinion, marches are for respect and restriction of violence towards them, it's not to make people love them or join them.

Do you even know what being hypocritical is?

"We're trying to do a movement to reduce hate on us homosexuals, it's gonna make a lot of people dislike us more though"

This quote doesn't contradict itself in anyway, you're acting like they WANT people to hate them. Inciting controversy and wanting people to hate you are not the fucking same Jesus Christ. It's unfortunate that people end up hating them but the point of drawing the controversy is to get people to accept them, it's not my fault people like you who are so opposed to this harmless little schtick are assbackwards in society.

You can also disapprove homosexuality and yes you can have your opinion doesn't mean your opinion isn't founded on shit. Also who the fuck gave you the right to arbitrarily limit marches towards your broad definition of what it can and it can't be? Are they not trying to get people to respect them?

You're doing the same thing right now though. How could you know I was only speaking for myself in that post?

I know there are morons out there that think wtf at seeing a bunch of gay guys, I was merely pointing out that don't even think about speaking for the rest of the sane straight world about what they think. Yes there are people that are completely reviled by seeing gay people out in the open doesn't mean they're right.
Of course you'll say people will disagree, but people will agree, just like how it is with virtually any statement, I was speaking for myself the group I'm speaking for, "against" (I said straight because naturally there isn't a lot of homosexuals against gay marches, if any) and you immediately replied to it as if I'm speaking in behalf of everybody, I told you you're trying too hard because you're only coming off as you're starving for an argument with your replies to my post.

Well than maybe you should have worded that better huh? I mean tell me this doesn't sound like it's trying to speak for the rest of the straight world, and I'll laugh right in your face.

naturally, when a straight guy sees this on the street:

The first thing he'll think about is WTF is this shit.

The fact that you put "naturally in there pretty much buried your argument and what you were trying to claim.

People were more accepting 50 years ago for a huge amount of reasons, you say people were more accepting now and you say 50 year olds plus are coming out of the closet now, as if in 50 years ago people above 50 were also homophobic, perhaps every guy that reaches 50 can come out of the closet for his feelings about homosexuality and it's not about 50 years ago or 50 years later. You confused me with this one.

What the hell are you even rambling about, you're not making any sense. I'm saying that 50 or so years ago being gay was an aberration and it still is, but back than it was a special kind of aberration were the though of even being gay never crossed anyone's minds. Which is why so many gay (bi) people held it in all these years and since we're more sensitive about the issues now, they can freely flaunt their sexuality without being condemned (well a lot less than 50 years ago).

And why does every comment I write has to be translated as "in America"? I've never been to America, I know nothing about it. :unsure:

Cause this is where it's very relevant I mean nigga, do you even know all the amount of states currently legalizing gay marriage like it ain't no than over here, where in backwards ass countries people still get stoned for being gay.

That's a whole other discussion, because most of us don't even take this seriously. I don't even see why I should get into this.

You shouldn't have than if you don't know what you're talking about

I have a feeling that it's gonna be and at some point I'll just stop reading so might as well do this quickly.

Don't get into debates if you can't finish them, also if you're wondering why I quoted you. Check what sub forum this is. This isn't the backstage or chit chat, it's called "serious debate". We're not here to give each other the reach arounds.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dead prez » Jun 26th, '12, 00:32

name wrote:[
There you go again, when we're speaking on a general debate there's going to be some disagreements, you need to handle with it, "I know there are some morons" and "sane straight world" is just making me think of this "debate" less and less useless to get into, I'm not even encouraged to go through this knowing that you'll never accept another part's point of view and continuously drop points that I still don't agree with.

That's too damn bad you are insulted I think that people who go "ewww" gay people are morons, I'm disturbed that you think it's alright to gawk at them like they're sideshow freaks.

Now you're making sense, the way you worded it was shit. I agree with this actually, but it doesn't really have to do anything with my point. Maybe it's necessarily to create a movement but that doesn't defy my comment about it being executed wrong.

Umm lol my wording was perfectly fine as opposed to this

People were more accepting 50 years ago for a huge amount of reasons, you say people were more accepting now and you say 50 year olds plus are coming out of the closet now, as if in 50 years ago people above 50 were also homophobic, perhaps every guy that reaches 50 can come out of the closet for his feelings about homosexuality and it's not about 50 years ago or 50 years later. You confused me with this one.

I didn't even know what the hell you were saying, and it was completely and refuted your point. Also if you don't think gay pride parades are the way to go what do you suggest they do, hotshot?

Look at the thread title, it says "poll", which means I'll just pass by, drop my thoughts, say which poll choice I'm voting for, and leave. Otherwise I would've put this in the Gay Marches thread where the long debates happen(ed). You drop an argument, I drop an argument, no one will be convinced of the other part's argument, and we continue for some pages and the result is nothing. That's basically the direction of you quoting me in this thread.

Polls don't deter people from debating if anything it's only used to gauge what the general public of this forum believe which side on an issue is right. That's extremely boring to drop a turd and run when people make posts that you obviously disagree with.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Fleka » Jun 26th, '12, 07:11

I˙m against. I said all I had to say in "Last One To Post..." thread.There are better ways than blocking the streets and yelling to peoples faces.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby LK5 » Jun 26th, '12, 09:23

I voted against marches but i'm not against gays. They just get more hate after those marches.
LK5
Soldier
Soldier

Postby the real slim shady » Jun 26th, '12, 14:57

LK5 wrote:I voted against marches but i'm not against gays. They just get more hate after those marches.

see, you can say that but certain people will now go and call you homophobic for it. I disagree though, i have nothing against gays, im all for gay marriage, i dont think they should have different rights or anything....

I dont think the marches are necessary though. Sadly when i made the poll i included a 'I don't care' option, but thats not allowed according to certain people so i cant vote now. Im not actually against the marches, im not for them though.

Dead Prez, i know im trying to teach a 3 year old rocket science by saying anything to you, but seriously, stop grouping 'views on gays' and 'views on gay marches'.
I am against the Jihad suicide bombers that keep killing people, doesnt mean i don't like Muslims. You're just generalising something that is supposed to be very specific.
Also, dont bother to break this down and reply, just say something then leave it there, its not like either of us will listen to each other is it?
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby MikeNUFC » Jun 26th, '12, 15:01

LK5 wrote:I voted against marches but i'm not against gays. They just get more hate after those marches.

Black people used to get more hate when they protested for equal rights in the early to mid 1900s.

They should have just sat at home and waited for it all to blow over. Right?

You people are fucking clueless.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby 12characters » Jun 26th, '12, 15:11

It's not everyday dead prez and MikeNUFC lay the written smackdown like they're doing here. :flutter:

#nohomo.. wait is that homophobic? :unsure:
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Alex2012 » Jun 26th, '12, 16:14

voted for

I followed a gay pride once in Paris, a lot of lovely people, many straight people followed them and there were gays and lesbians on the sidewalk holding hands, and nobody paid attention to them because for once they were like everyone else.
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Serious Debate