The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

I'm getting reminded why I don't support the Republican

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: I'm getting reminded why I don't support the Republican

Postby momentsgolden » Sep 8th, '12, 22:36

psu24 wrote:
DanWS wrote:Gary Johnson ftw tbh

Yeah I was all for Ron Paul and still think he was cheated out of winning the nomination but Johnson's probably the best on the ballot. Anyone who fights for more freedom is good with me.

Another thing is while the Republicans are more likely to be racist (not saying all) and get criticized for not standing up for women's rights or minority rights it's also hard for me to agree with the Democrats either. At the convention all I see is "Women for Obama" or "Latinos for Obama". To me we're supposed to be one country, no matter race, religion, or sex. Plus a lot of the things Obama has done as far as far as immigration and birth control just comes off as a cry for votes from certain groups. We desperately need to get away from the two-party system.

I just watched the speeches by Bill Clinton, Barack Obama and Mitt Romeny from the convection.

I agree, its not supposed to be "women for Obama" or "Latinos for Obama" but it would be ignorant to ignore the fact that different people have different needs and interests. Both parties are arguing for the middle Class (apparently) because it has different needs to the poor and the rich. In the same way, Abortion, marriage, soldiers compensation and healthcare bills are going to affect minority / women in a substantially different way than a white male. Look at the change of voting times proposed by the Republicans- it FAVOURS a particular ethnicity.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby tadpole25 » Sep 9th, '12, 23:39

i hope you ron-paulites know that johnson wants to send a ton of troops to uganda and fight a war against joseph kony. so much for noninterventionism huh? dont believe me? youtube search it.
"I take yall diss as endearment - I love it when I hear it
Maybe words offensive - free speech I don't fear it
Maybe music can take us to a place so atmospheric
Beyond our greatest imagination, illuminatin' experience
If we open our ears and close our inhibitions, it's clear"
- Tadpole
tadpole25
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DanWS » Sep 11th, '12, 21:10

tadpole25 wrote:i hope you ron-paulites know that johnson wants to send a ton of troops to uganda and fight a war against joseph kony. so much for noninterventionism huh? dont believe me? youtube search it.

I just watched the video where he talks about that, and you do have a point. I'm pretty fucking surprised that he seems to have fallen for that KONY bullshit, although in his defence he is talking hypothetically with regards to Uganda. Still, I will not support any candidate who is pro-war under any circumstances.
TRshady wrote:The server is indeed unaware of the greatness that is DanWS.
DanWS
Role Model
Role Model

Postby WakeUpShow » Sep 16th, '12, 21:15

You're a fucking idiot. I guess all Democrats support cheating in marriage since Bill Clinton did it. I guess all Democrats support murder, since Ted Kennedy committed it. I guess all Democrats support racism and bigotry since Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK.

Logic. Get Some.
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Previous

Return to Serious Debate