The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Do you think people as a whole, are good or bad?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Do you think people as a whole, are good or bad?

Postby Blu » Sep 3rd, '12, 03:15

I'm not even sure if this topic was already created before, but screw it.

General question: Do you think us, as people, the beings that make up the human race, are commonly good or bad?

You can define bad and good however you'd like.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Do you think people as a whole, are good or bad?

Postby Solace » Sep 3rd, '12, 03:16

Bad. We learn to be good through sympathy and restraint, but a lot don't anyway.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Eedee » Sep 3rd, '12, 06:47

First off, it's human species* That really bugs me lol

And I actually don't have an answer. I'd like to say good, but bad is also an option. Evolution and competitiveness and whatnot.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Atone » Sep 3rd, '12, 07:41

I look at it like this

Everybody is born with a platform that they fill with good/bad choices as they grow

the world's actions towards each person is crucial to that individuals life

people can be influenced harshly by the rest of the worlds actions, while at the same time, learning from those situations, people can be pushed to the limit to where they turn bad, or they can be strong enough to fight thru the situations the world puts them in and that person can be mentally fit to be a good person.

i try to be good to people, i give to the homeless, i help people who need it, and i try to stay away from interacting with people who's intentions are wrong, tho sometimes i have been influenced to do wrong, that does not make me a bad person, bec ause at heart i want to see people happy, i was only influenced to do wrong.

Nobody is perfect, good people have their bad moments, bad people have there good moments, it all depends on their enviroment in which they grew up in.

I grew up around gangs all my life, i seen drug dealers, gang fights, and shootouts at a very young age, i think i was 4 when there was a double murder in an apartment that was above me, i was also kidnapped by my real father, who was a drug addict, i do not wish to speak much more on that due to the fact i don't know the entire story, and i may never will.

i grew up in a horrible enviroment, i remember when i was 10 i watched a friend's mom get hauled away in an ambulance because her alcoholism turned her into a very sick person,

the enviroment you grow up in can make you good, or it can make you bad, it all depends on what you take from it, you can learn, or you can become that of which you see

i did both but eventually i learned, i turned from bad to good because i learned that "bad" was leading me down a very horrible path.

basically, your enviroment can make or break you, in time you can change if your enviroment has not dragged you down far enough into it's grips and turned you completly.
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 3rd, '12, 09:33

People, as the whole world population, are bad. It`s sad to see people dying because they got nothing to eat or in the countless wars for fucking oil (coughAmericacough). You got countries that are poor, where people live in terrible conditions and have nothing to eat and nobody gives a fuck. There are countries where half of population is very poor and unemployed, the whole country is in a huge national debt (and the rest of the world feels the effect of that) but their national clubs spend millions to pay the stars wasting money that they don`t even have.

The balance of right and wrong is shifted. In a bad way.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Sep 3rd, '12, 11:37

We are Mammals after all and our instincts make us more bad than good.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 3rd, '12, 11:38

Fleka wrote: There are countries where half of population is very poor and unemployed, the whole country is in a huge national debt (and the rest of the world feels the effect of that) but their national clubs spend millions to pay the stars wasting money that they don`t even have.

coughSpaincough ? :unsure:

I don't think half of population here is very poor though...but it is true that unemployment levels are triggered, specially between young people. And the government is managing the crisis badly.

On topic, I don't think people as a whole are bad. But all is very badly governed. People with power becomes very ambitious, so the world is poorly distributed. So we have a rich Arab Sheikh in a bathroom with gold taps and a kid starving in Africa, for example.
crime increases because some people don't have anything to eat, but that's survival somehow.
Of course there are bad people too, disturbed people, but they are a minority.
I don't think people are bad as a whole, but we manage the world very badly.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jason M. » Sep 3rd, '12, 13:05

Depends.

''The people on top push the people down low.''

I can't say ''people are bad'' and not think of the grandma in my town who'd give us everything she has, and she's a poor, old woman. And I can't say ''people are good'' and not think of all the billionares who haven't earned their money in a fair way... Really, you can't say that we're either ''good'' or ''bad'' and be right. There will always be good, and bad people, but sadly, I feel like that good people will be the minority.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 3rd, '12, 13:17

Jason M. wrote:''The people on top push the people down low.'' .

Wretches And Kings ;) . It's a great sentence.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jason M. » Sep 4th, '12, 13:11

Guess_Who wrote:
Jason M. wrote:''The people on top push the people down low.'' .

Wretches And Kings ;) . It's a great sentence.

It's a great song in general. :8)
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby tadpole25 » Sep 5th, '12, 02:17

both. theres no easy answer. good and bad are constructs, not realities.
"I take yall diss as endearment - I love it when I hear it
Maybe words offensive - free speech I don't fear it
Maybe music can take us to a place so atmospheric
Beyond our greatest imagination, illuminatin' experience
If we open our ears and close our inhibitions, it's clear"
- Tadpole
tadpole25
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Serious Debate