The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Freewill debate.

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Freewill debate.

Postby Willy » Oct 26th, '12, 15:21

Not necessarily because from my understanding quantum physics has true randomness.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Oct 26th, '12, 15:33

Unlyricallyrics wrote:No, that's exactly the case. Me posting that had it's reasons. And those reasons had their reasons. Which again had their reasons, and this goes way back to the birth of the universe.
Think of it like this. If you could go back in time, let's say 200 years and just waited 200 years until it's present day (you dont die for some reason) wouldnt everything happen exactly as it did? Let's say you dont change anything you just observe. Then when in present day you go back in time 200 years again, and do the same thing. And again and again etc. Wouldnt everything happen exactly like it happened, every time?

No that's wrong.

You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Unlyricallyrics » Oct 26th, '12, 17:02

WilyMo021 wrote:Not necessarily because from my understanding quantum physics has true randomness.

probability

classthe_king wrote:
No that's wrong.

Yet if stuff happens it was bound to happen otherwise it hadnt happened.
This might mean however that even if we knew everything in the world and all the causalities possible we still couldnt predict what happens next. And im not physicist or anything but one could think that quantum physics is also under some laws of physics. We just dont know enough of that yet. I mean it's hard to understand how something could happen coincidentally because what is coincidence and what defines when or how it happens.
Eminem wrote:Holy wack, Unlyricallyrics Andre, you're fuckin' right...
Unlyricallyrics
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby classthe_king » Oct 26th, '12, 17:19

Unlyricallyrics wrote:Yet if stuff happens it was bound to happen otherwise it hadnt happened.
This might mean however that even if we knew everything in the world and all the causalities possible we still couldnt predict what happens next. And im not physicist or anything but one could think that quantum physics is also under some laws of physics. We just dont know enough of that yet. I mean it's hard to understand how something could happen coincidentally because what is coincidence and what defines when or how it happens.

Things weren't bound to happen though. At the quantum level everything is random and unpredictable so if the universe started all over again things might happen differently because at the quantum level particles acted differently then they did the first time.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Unlyricallyrics » Oct 26th, '12, 17:45

classthe_king wrote:
Things weren't bound to happen though. At the quantum level everything is random and unpredictable so if the universe started all over again things might happen differently because at the quantum level particles acted differently then they did the first time.

Ok, how about this.
There is infinite amount of different universes (multiverse). Therefore this what we have here was bound to happen in one of those universe cos there is finite amount of possibilities but infinite amount of universes.
Unlyricallyrics
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby classthe_king » Oct 26th, '12, 17:48

Unlyricallyrics wrote:
classthe_king wrote:

Ok, how about this.
There is infinite amount of different universes (multiverse). Therefore this what we have here was bound to happen in one of those universe cos there is finite amount of possibilities but infinite amount of universes.

If there are infinite amount of universes, then yes, that would be correct.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Unlyricallyrics » Oct 26th, '12, 18:06

classthe_king wrote:

And even if there werent multiple universes, quantum physics wouldnt grant as freewill like the video you linked suggested.
(just getting this thread back on topic :8) )
It's actually the top comment:
"Still what Kaku described, is not free will. Its by chance and not by choice, where the electron is."
Unlyricallyrics
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby classthe_king » Oct 26th, '12, 18:08

Unlyricallyrics wrote:
classthe_king wrote:

And even if there werent multiple universes, quantum physics wouldnt grant as freewill like the video you linked suggested.
(just getting this thread back on topic :8) )
It's actually the top comment:
"Still what Kaku described, is not free will. Its by chance and not by choice, where the electron is."

I know it doesn't prove free will right but it does prove determinism wrong.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Emadyville » Oct 30th, '12, 06:30

classthe_king wrote:No, you're wrong. Free will is, “a philosophical term of art for a particular sort of capacity of rational agents to choose a course of action from among various alternatives."

Of course we can't do anything we want because we're limited by our bodies but that has nothing to do with free will. You're just arguing semantics and being a prick. According to that definition we absolutely have free will because we have a plethora of choices we can make all the time through out our lives and we have the free will to make those choices. That's it.

this
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby CrashBand » Oct 30th, '12, 06:53

Emadyville wrote:
classthe_king wrote:No, you're wrong. Free will is, “a philosophical term of art for a particular sort of capacity of rational agents to choose a course of action from among various alternatives."

Of course we can't do anything we want because we're limited by our bodies but that has nothing to do with free will. You're just arguing semantics and being a prick. According to that definition we absolutely have free will because we have a plethora of choices we can make all the time through out our lives and we have the free will to make those choices. That's it.

this

No.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Doodlebug » Oct 31st, '12, 19:48

I stand behind those that have integrity, honor and good unselfish intentions.

Sometimes, doing this means doing things things we might regret later - but we do what we must for the greater good.

I'd like to say we have freewill but we all know that we are restrained by law or policy or even by persons that hold sway over us some how.
>> call me Deb...
We are the children of pain.... educated by hurt..." - Deb
Doodlebug
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby classthe_king » Dec 3rd, '12, 02:31

Alright so I've been thinking about this a lot and this is the conclusion I've come to:

You have to decide what defines "you." Since we are all logical and rational we can just agree that we don't have a soul so what left is there to say is "you?" Only your brain. Now I understand what you are saying with outside influences and shit like that but those only influence your decisions, they don't make them. Also, I understand what you're saying with you can't decide what your brain decides to think and whatnot, but the fact is you can. Because you ARE your brain. You say you can't control what you think but what is doing the thinking? Your brain. You are your brain therefore you are controlling your thoughts. That is how we have freewill.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby SliK » Dec 3rd, '12, 02:47

Really, you control your heart beat? You control how much insulin you make? You control how much you salivate?
No.
Thoughts occurring are no different to your heart beating or your mouth salivating.. You can't control it.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Dec 3rd, '12, 02:52

SliK wrote:Really, you control your heart beat? You control how much insulin you make? You control how much you salivate?
No.
Thoughts occurring are no different to your heart beating or your mouth salivating.. You can't control it.

Yes, you control them. Your brain just does it without you having to think about it but it's still you who is controlling them.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby SliK » Dec 3rd, '12, 02:54

Thoughts are a product of your brain the same way adrenaline is a product of your adrenal glad; you have no control over either.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate