The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Ghosts

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Ghosts

Postby Eedee » Oct 10th, '12, 08:27

Revolutionary wrote:I'm confused.

If you're a religious man, you would know that when you die you'll go through the process of the afterlife (determination of your path; hell/heaven) and everything and be dead until the day of judgement.

And if you're an atheist, you wouldn't believe in anything supernatural/godly or whatever you wanna call it, therefore, you wouldn't believe in ghosts as well.

So what race would believe in such a thing?

I'm not talking about "personal" beliefs, i'm speaking logically here.

Personally, I don't get this either (for atheists). You go through this logical process where there's no evidence for a God which leads you to not believe in them, yet you believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever? It's the same type of deal... no evidence... just, gah.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 10th, '12, 10:55

PAINKILLƎR wrote:I was gonna say something that I experienced but nah nobody would take me seriously :'(

Go on , I love this stories...
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Oct 10th, '12, 11:46

No. Not real.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby SliK » Oct 10th, '12, 13:52

Revolutionary wrote:I'm confused.

If you're a religious man, you would know that when you die you'll go through the process of the afterlife (determination of your path; hell/heaven) and everything and be dead until the day of judgement.

And if you're an atheist, you wouldn't believe in anything supernatural/godly or whatever you wanna call it, therefore, you wouldn't believe in ghosts as well.

So what race would believe in such a thing?

I'm not talking about "personal" beliefs, i'm speaking logically here.

Agnostics and their line of thinking. Open to anything.
Also people who believe in a god, but not the religious God.
Also people who think they have seen a ghost, but not witnessed any acts of God.

You're right though; both God, and ghosts, are make-believe.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SajN » Oct 10th, '12, 14:13

Yeah, I am more agnostic than atheist.

It's not like I fully believe in spirits existing. It's just I THINK they do... maybe they do. It's cool. And that's all. It doesn't affect me all. And people who wants to attack me for thinking that can fuck off.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby SliK » Oct 10th, '12, 14:19

Haha SajN, I know what you're saying, but I'm not attacking you.

This girl I was seeing was explaining how she thinks God and the afterlife works and I couldn't help but laugh in her face. She was talking completely out her ass, and I was like "Why do you think that? What basis are you making those claims?" And she said its just how she felt. I didn't attack her either but it's hard to have a discussion on a topic like this without attacking someone's argument, and if your argument is that you believe something, and that thought came from within you, then you might get attacked as your personal beliefs are the sole basis for your claim.

I wasnt even attacking you though so you probably didn't even direct that connent towards me. Personally I just believe they don't exist and won't believe it until I witness one myself.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SajN » Oct 10th, '12, 14:53

Nah, I wasn't talking about you.

I haven't been through something that made me think that. It just happened when I was wondering about life and the universe while taking a shit (haha, kidding). It just has been like that always. But as I said, it's nothing I live by, or think of everyday. I only think of it when someone mentions it, otherwise I could care less if there are spirits or not.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Oct 10th, '12, 18:32

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
Geno wrote:Say it :y:

Yeah, I'd take you seriously, I've seen some ghosts, as I've said. Please? :flower:

Guess_Who wrote:Go on , I love this stories...

Ok then. Well I moved to New Orleans right after hurricane Katrina and we moved in into a big beautiful house and It was still intact and I remember thinking the house was great, I mean I've always lived in shitty-ass apartments. Anyway nothing seemed of about the house except the master bedroom's closet had a big blood stain which is weird but idk if it's connected to what im about to tell you. After living in the house for about 3 months, there was one night when me and my family were watching football(mexican league) in the living room I decided to get my portable dvd player so I can listen to my new cd "Hell Hath No Fury" (that I just got as a late birthday gift) and it was in my room so I go to get it and as I approach the hallway, I look at the direction of my moms room because the light was on and I saw a black figure as big as the doorway (like 6-7ft) walk into the direction of the master bedrooms bathroom and I straight out ran like a bitch to my father and I told him about it and he went to check it out and saw nothing there and I wasn't high or under the influence of any drugs/medication or anything. I've never seen anything before nor after this event, it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
Last edited by PAINKILLƎR on Oct 10th, '12, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby classthe_king » Oct 10th, '12, 18:50

You probably just thought you saw something but you didn't, it happens all the time. I have tons of ghost stories from friends that are pretty weird. Some creepier than others, I don't really believe any of them though and only one has actually made me consider the possibility of ghosts.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Oct 10th, '12, 19:12

classthe_king wrote:You probably just thought you saw something but you didn't, it happens all the time. I have tons of ghost stories from friends that are pretty weird. Some creepier than others, I don't really believe any of them though and only one has actually made me consider the possibility of ghosts.

Yeah your right, but like it's so vivid in my head. My eyes may have deceived me, honestly though that house was creepy, I felt that way all the time about that house I mean even before the paranoia I suffered after that event
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Oct 10th, '12, 19:20

I had a friend with a lot of ghost moments, she was cool when we were kids but I think she's gone crazy. no joke.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Oct 10th, '12, 19:36

Menzo wrote:Why do you think she's gone crazy? :-k

I remember maybe when I was like..seven years old, my brother's friend told us a story about his sister moving into a new home with her husband and there was a picture of someone still in the house, so they just threw it out. Sometime later, I'm assuming the next day, they saw the picture was back up again but this time the person in the photo was angrily frowning lol...I think they left the house after that.

But that's a very vague memory of the story, my imagination as a child might have enhanced the 'spooky' aspect of the story.

Well I was very close to her when we were young, she was like the the little devil on my shoulder because she would drag me into shit I didn't want to be a part of and that got me into a lot of trouble. Anyway she was always into that voodoo and creepy type shit and I remember me and my friends used to clown her for that until one day she threatened to use the voodoo shit on us, and we stopped because I believed a lot of that shit when we were young. I remember she got kicked out of school and after that our relationship slowly faded I hardly ever talked to her, and she doesn't leave the house as much, I've heard she's tried to kill herself, I was shocked because other than that sppoky shit she was into she always seemed like a normal little girl you know

Damn If that picture thing would have happened to me I would've been scared for life that can't be unseen. That reminds me of when I worked for the California Democratic party doing some office work my co-worker and some other chicks started talking about paranormal shit and she had a picture of her little boy and you can see a weird pale head behind the boy and I was like uhh wtf?1 I couldn't believe that shit it looked creepy as hell
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 11th, '12, 10:04

PAINKILLƎR wrote:
InsaneTRex94 wrote:
Geno wrote:Say it :y:

Yeah, I'd take you seriously, I've seen some ghosts, as I've said. Please? :flower:

Guess_Who wrote:Go on , I love this stories...

Ok then. Well I moved to New Orleans right after hurricane Katrina and we moved in into a big beautiful house and It was still intact and I remember thinking the house was great, I mean I've always lived in shitty-ass apartments. Anyway nothing seemed of about the house except the master bedroom's closet had a big blood stain which is weird but idk if it's connected to what im about to tell you. After living in the house for about 3 months, there was one night when me and my family were watching football(mexican league) in the living room I decided to get my portable dvd player so I can listen to my new cd "Hell Hath No Fury" (that I just got as a late birthday gift) and it was in my room so I go to get it and as I approach the hallway, I look at the direction of my moms room because the light was on and I saw a black figure as big as the doorway (like 6-7ft) walk into the direction of the master bedrooms bathroom and I straight out ran like a bitch to my father and I told him about it and he went to check it out and saw nothing there and I wasn't high or under the influence of any drugs/medication or anything. I've never seen anything before nor after this event, it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Creepy, it could be a shadow or so, but I'm respectful with these stories. When I was in high school I I played the ouija once. Never ever. Creepy experience too. I don't recomend to play that game to anybody unless you can process everything in a classthe_king style.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Oct 11th, '12, 13:34

Guess_Who wrote:Creepy, it could be a shadow or so, but I'm respectful with these stories. When I was in high school I I played the ouija once. Never ever. Creepy experience too. I don't recomend to play that game to anybody unless you can process everything in a classthe_king style.

If there's one thing that's not creepy in any way shape or form it's a Quiji board, seriously - read up on the psychology of why and how they work.

People who use them usually WANT for it all to exist in the first place hence doing it so there's a bias intent, subconsciously and basically it's unconscious movement that happens where people essentially push the shit towards spelling what they want or a name, without feeling they are.

I even did it with a friend before to prove a point and intentionally let him (could feel him doing it) push it towards a certain name, just to say "no, I know nobody of that name, nor is anybody of that name in my family" lmao. It's wishful thinking, it's an old parlour trick, see: Derren Brown.

It's entertaining if exploited to create a show, but it's not real.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 11th, '12, 14:10

When it comes to Ouija I do believe it's on the mind of the people, and that's why it's a dangerous game. I don't think 4 teens with a Ouija board are going to contact ghost or spirits, but some people go under a psychotic state and happens things like this :

http://www.disinfo.com/2012/03/texas-te ... pt-murder/

I can't remember exactly where it was, but it was in South America, a bunch of teens had seizures after playing Ouija. If you're not ready to play your mind plays tricks on you.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate