The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

How do you feel about teens who commit suicide?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

How do you feel about teens who commit suicide?

Postby Blu » Oct 12th, '12, 22:18

I was just reading up on this girl named Amanda Todd that committed suicide over bullying.

I'll be honest here...if you're a teenager and you commit suicide over bullying...then you're a coward. How hard is it to speak up and tell people to fuck off? Bullies will only pick on you if they know you're weak. If you're going to try your best to avoid others and not even bother to shut everyone up and tell them to stop bothering you, then tbh the blame is all on you.

What are you committing suicide for? It's bullying, it happens to nearly everyone, but you were just too scared and weak to tell everyone to stop bothering you. If that doesn't work, move to another state where people will accept you, I'm pretty sure it isn't hard.

This just bothered me a whole lot because people seem to be sympathizing for this girl who so willingly flashed/sent nude pictures to some people. Uh, hello? It's 2012! Who in this world can you trust today?

/rantover
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: How do you feel about teens who commit suicide?

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Oct 12th, '12, 22:25

I agree. When I was a kid my dad told me to fight back, when it's multiple kids bullying, he told me to pick up a stick and fight back(not the best advice) but my solution was just to stay separated from that and make friends, but even that was hard for me because my parents constantly moved and I became socially awkward.

But I never thought about suicide, it is cowardly, but at the same time wouldn't it take nuts to pull the trigger?(figuratively)
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby ImANoob » Oct 12th, '12, 23:09

depends on the situation really. if the person was already depressed or had another psychological issue before the bullying, then i can see why. if it is JUST bullying though, i dont see why somebody would go to those lengths to escape their problems. for some people, its just hard to stand up for themselves and they take the easy way out. the real victim in those situations are the families. personally, im not afraid of death, im afraid of what kind of impact it will have on my friends and family.

RIP TRShady. July 6, 2012 - February 6, 2014
ImANoob
Renegade
Renegade

Postby UofLCard » Oct 13th, '12, 01:29

To some extent I agree, but there are always cases where kids try to fight back or speak to adults, and no one helps them.

I can tell you that I was bullied some in middle school, and I never tried to harm myself. I knew that crap would be ending once May 2004 rolled around when I would graduated from that damn middle school.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby classthe_king » Oct 13th, '12, 02:03

Are you fucking kidding me? These people kill themselves and you're going to sit here and talk shit about them? Do you have any idea what it's like to hate life so much that you actually want to kill yourself? You have absolutely no idea what kind of psychological states these people were under and to sit here and say the things you guys are saying is sickening.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby LIL_B » Oct 13th, '12, 02:07

classthe_king wrote:Are you fucking kidding me? These people kill themselves and you're going to sit here and talk shit about them? Do you have any idea what it's like to hate life so much that you actually want to kill yourself? You have absolutely no idea what kind of psychological states these people were under and to sit here and say the things you guys are saying is sickening.

my exact thoughts
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Respect the cock! And tame the cunt!
LIL_B
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Blu » Oct 13th, '12, 02:14

classthe_king wrote:Are you fucking kidding me? These people kill themselves and you're going to sit here and talk shit about them? Do you have any idea what it's like to hate life so much that you actually want to kill yourself? You have absolutely no idea what kind of psychological states these people were under and to sit here and say the things you guys are saying is sickening.

Teens in America are lucky, they're open to SOOO much help that they take it for granted. This Amanda girl could have gone through therapy, taken medication, moved states, whatever to get better. She WILLINGLY sent nude pictures AND had sex with a guy that had a girlfriend...OF COURSE there would be backlash.

I do not feel sympathy or feel sorry for her...I do for her parents however, they're dealing with a great loss.

Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby classthe_king » Oct 13th, '12, 02:19

Blu wrote:

Teens in America are lucky, they're open to SOOO much help that they take it for granted. This Amanda girl could have gone through therapy, taken medication, moved states, whatever to get better. She WILLINGLY sent nude pictures AND had sex with a guy that had a girlfriend...OF COURSE there would be backlash.

I do not feel sympathy or feel sorry for her...I do for her parents however, they're dealing with a great loss.

That doesn't have anything to do with it. You still have NO idea what was going through her mind to make her want to kill herself and to act like you do is extremely ignorant.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Epidemik » Oct 13th, '12, 05:42

Suicide is sometimes a tricky matter. When someone is mentally dysfunctional then sometimes they do it and don't know any better, or when someone is in an incredible amount of chronic pain and old, I think that if the person chooses release then so be it.
But bullying, or self-pity, or any other reason that only hurts loved ones and is selfish, then yes you are weak.
We all have been through different moments of extremes in our lives that are hard, but this life is all we have. This is it folks! No second chances. If you are religious, then you are screwing yourself anyways. If you are atheist, then it's game over and you cease to exist.
If life seems unbearable, then maybe try talking to new people. Try loving someone who could use your help instead. There are so many reasons to stick around.
Life is a miracle, whether you are faithful in a God, or not.
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby Atone » Oct 13th, '12, 07:11

i got bullied 99% of my school life, i survived that shit, and when i say bullied, i mean, i got chased home by kids on a daily basis, i had people shove soapy water in my eye's in the hallways once, i dealt with a ton of fucked up shit, yeah, at times, i had suicidle thoughts, that's all apart of my manic depressive / bi-polar issues, but i always look at the bright side, i have my little sister, and my ultamate goal is to watch her grow up, i want to be at her graduation, i want to see her grow up to get married, she needs me to be a role model in her life so she can be strong through tough moments.

how do i feel about these people who committ suicide? i can't call them cowards, i don't know how hard they had it, i don't think they should go about killing themself tho, they should at least make an attempt to seek help, if not by a therapist at least find an outlet.

One of the main things that keep me calm, is writing, not just music, i write poetry and all that shit and when i write, it helps me feel better about alot of shit, i know, my recording aint all that great in your ears but whatever, my writing, the lyrics i write in alot of my songs help me thru alot of fucked up shit.

these kids need to find an outlet or seek help, suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem, those bullies aint going to be there 5-10 years from now, sure, things may suck for the moment but eventually they do get better, i'm dealing with what my mom did on a day by day basis, it's depressing as fuck what she did, not because it hurts me, but because this is the 1st time i ever seen my dad cry, that dude is a harley davidson riding, long haired heavily tatted up biker, seeing him cry fucked me up, and he has asked me why i havn't showed much emotion and my words to him was that i don't want to focus on negative aspeects on life becuase it will get in my head and eat me up, do i still love my mom? i can't say, there are moments when i wish i could kill her, and there are moments that i wish she would just come back, but it's not going to happen, and because she left, the financial situation has gotten chaotic, to the point where i have been in tears, praying that i get hired by one of the hundreds of job's i have applied to.

BUT

No matter how fucked up things have gotten, i'm not going to end my life, somewhere at the end of this dark cloud the sun will shine, things are hurting right now but it's not worth dying over, my lil sister needs me, and if my dad does end up dying, which cuz of his tumor, there could be a day me and my lil sister wake up and he don't, and my sister is going to need me more than ever, ending my life would only fuck up things for everybody else, why be selfish?

point is, these kids need to realize they are in situations that are not as bad as they think, they need to face these issues, deal with it, and move on with life.
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » Oct 13th, '12, 07:41

Obviously it's not the right decision for a healthy teenager to just go off themselves, and it's definitely not justified because they were bullied, but I don't think it makes the situation any less tragic. It's sad that they felt like everything was over, and life wasn't worth living anymore due to these circumstances. Things are intense at that age though...

I've seen some of the younger members here talk about being in love with someone they've only been interacting with for a matter of weeks. And then speak of the heartbreak of that love falling apart over the course of a few days. The pain that follows. So on and so forth. Obviously, as someone that's a few years removed from that, it seems sort of immature and dramatic. But that's the thing: these are new situations to people of that age, which is why things are so volatile. It's getting through these rough times that equip you with the experience to deal with life as an adult.

So I feel sorry for the girl, that some level of cruelty led her to taking her own life. Obviously, she could have stuck it out and went on to live a life like anyone else. That's not to say though, that her pain wasn't as intense as someone's that had problems that we might all deem more "serious" than what she was dealing with.

Shit happens though, and we all move on until we don't.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Oct 13th, '12, 13:13

Jesus Christ Blu.

So someone who is unfortunate enough to be a 'scared and weak' person is at fault for bullying that is bad enough to put them in a state to end their life?

:facepalm
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby LK5 » Oct 13th, '12, 18:43

Sometimes bullying crosses the line. I understand them but they should talk to someone, change a place or at least school.

BTW I recommend you guys to watch an Estonian film about bullying called The Class (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988108/)
LK5
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Oct 13th, '12, 19:36

Delicate issue, I think that suicide is one of the most selfish acts that exist, not only do you hurt yourself also to your family and loved ones.

When I was in High school a guy tried to kill himself after his girlfriend left him. His family went through a big calvary many time, because he didn't die, but he had a lot of physical consequences. Even today he is not 100% good, and his family have to carry with that.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Blu » Oct 13th, '12, 20:06

What's so different about Amanda Todd...? The fact that she flirted with many guys before, the fact that she got beat up because she slept with another girl's boyfriend, or the fact that she was known to sleep with plenty of dudes?

If she was still alive you'd all be calling her a hoe, slut, whore...but now that she's dead she's suddenly a sweet angel? Bullshit.

I don't feel pity for her because she already offed herself, I feel sorry for those strong enough to endure all this bullshit. Instead of hopping on Facebook saying "Oh how come no one helped Amanda R.I.P." why don't you go help that lonely kid at lunch you always see?

We shouldn't be talking about some girl that killed herself over problems SHE HERSELF caused. We should all be talking about the ones (like I've said above) enduring the bullying. They're the ones that need our help.

Stop giving pity to a dead girl, give it to the ones that deserve it.

Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Next

Return to Serious Debate