The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Should voting be mandatory?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Should voting be mandatory?

Postby 12characters » Oct 23rd, '12, 13:25

Yeah I don't think NY in the 80's and 90's is really an example of how little freedom people had.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 15th, '12, 00:59

I just received a $55 fine for not voting and I'm not paying it.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby BigBoss » Dec 15th, '12, 01:52

SliK wrote:I just received a $55 fine for not voting and I'm not paying it.

Where are you? In Anerica I thought being fined for not voting is illegal. It's a choice, not something you should be forced to do.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 15th, '12, 02:09

Korea
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Dec 15th, '12, 07:08

There is no good argument for making voting mandatory.

It's stupid.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 15th, '12, 07:30

CrashBand wrote:There is no good argument for making voting mandatory.

It's stupid.

Is it mandatory in NZ?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Dec 16th, '12, 10:57

SliK wrote:
CrashBand wrote:There is no good argument for making voting mandatory.

It's stupid.

Is it mandatory in NZ?

Nah man, and I remember hearing a stat that a higher percentage of people vote in New Zealand than Australia - where it is mandatory.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 16th, '12, 14:22

That's weird, literally everyone I know votes. It's pretty damn uncommon not to, at least in my circles.
Fuck that though, I didn't want to.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Feb 16th, '13, 07:00

No it shouldn't, that infringes on your right to choose to NOT vote. If you personally recognize no parties or people in power as valid, ethical, moral, right or worthy then why should you be forced to choose one of them? Not choosing any is your right; to be forced is a step towards tyranny, I think that's abhorrent.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby SliK » Feb 16th, '13, 07:32

I received a fine in the mail for not voting. I didn't pay it.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Feb 21st, '13, 02:45

SliK wrote:I received a fine in the mail for not voting. I didn't pay it.

:laughing:

They should have a mandatory vote on whether you should pay the fine for not voting.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby SliK » Feb 21st, '13, 07:10

Hahaha. They give you this form to fill out to give you a chance to explain why you didn't vote, it had options like "on holiday" and "against my religion" and all that and "other" with a place to expand on your reasoning. I meant to fill it out and tell them exactly what I thought but I forgot, now I haven't voted and haven't paid my fine so I think a court date is next lol
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Feb 23rd, '13, 08:31

SliK wrote:Hahaha. They give you this form to fill out to give you a chance to explain why you didn't vote, it had options like "on holiday" and "against my religion" and all that and "other" with a place to expand on your reasoning. I meant to fill it out and tell them exactly what I thought but I forgot, now I haven't voted and haven't paid my fine so I think a court date is next lol

Democracy is pretty fucking retarded when you think about it.

If somebody wins by 2%, so let's say it's... 51% won, over 49% lost... that's MEANINGLESS. That's as good as 50-50, therefore HALF the entire population disagree with the leadership. That's half a dictatorship! There has to be a better system than that. We don't actually need politicians anyway, a resource-based economy and no pointless fucking politicians is the way forward.

Politicians solve NOTHING.

Every positive, every tool, every progression - EVERYTHING has come from science and scientific thinking; logic, reasoning, discussion... or society itself. We evolve in our thinking and reveal things over-time to ourselves. But think of everything which makes our lives habitable - a house, a car, a computer, an iPod, music (the recording and distribution of), all of technology, all transport... fucking EVERYTHING is science and technology and all a monetary-based economy and the clowns who take part in it do, and morons who 'run the countries' do, is drain, hinder, stifle and ruin technology, or use it for war, spyng or greed. What a fucking joke. PS. Die US Gov.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Slim Fiasco » Feb 23rd, '13, 12:06

EminemBase wrote:
Democracy is pretty fucking retarded when you think about it.

If somebody wins by 2%, so let's say it's... 51% won, over 49% lost... that's MEANINGLESS. That's as good as 50-50, therefore HALF the entire population disagree with the leadership. That's half a dictatorship! There has to be a better system than that. We don't actually need politicians anyway, a resource-based economy and no pointless fucking politicians is the way forward.

Politicians solve NOTHING.

Every positive, every tool, every progression - EVERYTHING has come from science and scientific thinking; logic, reasoning, discussion... or society itself. We evolve in our thinking and reveal things over-time to ourselves. But think of everything which makes our lives habitable - a house, a car, a computer, an iPod, music (the recording and distribution of), all of technology, all transport... fucking EVERYTHING is science and technology and all a monetary-based economy and the clowns who take part in it do, and morons who 'run the countries' do, is drain, hinder, stifle and ruin technology, or use it for war, spyng or greed. What a fucking joke. PS. Die US Gov.

LMAO, this is so true, especially that last bit, the US gov is like the root of all evil.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby tadpole25 » Mar 12th, '13, 13:55

Honestly, when it comes to voting, quality over quantity.

I'd rather have 1 million people vote who are intelligent, open-minded care deeply about politics.

Than 3 million voters who are apathetic, know nothing about the issues and are only voting to avoid paying a fine.
"I take yall diss as endearment - I love it when I hear it
Maybe words offensive - free speech I don't fear it
Maybe music can take us to a place so atmospheric
Beyond our greatest imagination, illuminatin' experience
If we open our ears and close our inhibitions, it's clear"
- Tadpole
tadpole25
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Serious Debate