The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Silver Or Gold

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Silver Or Gold

Postby Arrinef » Dec 1st, '12, 02:20

Doodlebug wrote:I seem to never really wear jewelery lately but I like silver earrings, and gold rings...

When I used to wear alot of earrings I wore what matched my outfit. I wear something that dangles alittle in the front and smaller stones in the back. For neck I used to wear a simple silver cross but gave to my daughter.

I like silver because how it reflects other colors ...

(I have a thing I do with rings. My granny gave me an old wedding band and told me the history of it and history of her life wearing it. I wore it till I was about 18 and when I got out of boot camp and gave to my sister - along with the stories of my life history wearing it.

Then I bought one - and wore it till my first daughter was older and gave it to her w/ it's history. The idea was to give them something to hold in times of stress - and remember... what I went through and knowing they can get past it also.

Now I have a simple snow flake that hangs from my cars' rear-view mirror. Silver it is and palm sized. Saw me though the last 10 hard years. Now that things have steadied out I'm thinking over who needs it - and the history I will give it to them with..).

Btw - I love violet colored gems.. my birthstone, with silver edges. But gold has it's beauty too.. so hard to decide.

I say we pop you one - for making us choose between these two lovlies... :P

:flutter: im a silver junkie all the way, got some cool vintage rings as well. i have to gold rings only.

iain08 wrote:To everyone saying white gold, doesn't it look nearly identical to silver anyway?

white gold has a creamier look, silver is a tad darker but not by much

oh and my secret stash of Ag.

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Rollimeo » Dec 1st, '12, 06:29

got a cool gold chain
never really wear it though
I see the benefits in investing in gold and silver though and would defiantly consider that in the future
like silver in rings and probably gold in chains but even if I had a silver ring I wold probably not wear it much
Rollimeo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Dec 1st, '12, 11:21

I confess that I don't like golden, but I even like less mixture golden with silver. I think you have to choose one or the other.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Solace » Dec 1st, '12, 19:31

I don't wear rings or any chains, but if I were given the option to choose between any silvers and golds, obviously white gold.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Solace » Dec 1st, '12, 19:47

bigray wrote:
Solace wrote:I don't wear rings or any chains, but if I were given the option to choose between any silvers and golds, obviously white gold.

I only wear a chain but it is under my shirts so no one can see it

Unless it's because of sentimental value, what's the point of that?

bigray wrote:How about some Platinum?

Platinum looks good too. I'm not big on metals so I'm not sure of any pros/cons of wearing each, but I just like the silver look. Works with all clothes I guess, where as gold doesn't.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Solace » Dec 1st, '12, 20:03

I was assuming it was just a necklace of some sort, not religious. In that case it makes complete sense. :y:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Dec 2nd, '12, 12:27

bigray wrote:I understand that some people may like Silver over Gold but really? To me it is like taking a Pontiac 6000 over a BMW 5 series, makes no sense.

When I say silver, I mean white gold. Obv gold is a better metal. But I don't like the yellow one.

if you want to go for the more expensive, then platimum is the BMW.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Previous

Return to Serious Debate