The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Animal Abuse

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Animal Abuse

Postby Guess_Who » Nov 26th, '12, 11:45

that the human being have being afecting nature and the animal world for their own benefit since day 1 is not a secret. Sometimes with good ways sometimes with catastrophic impact.
All these animals in these page are extinct by human action:

http://www.warianoz.com/foros/showthrea ... 300-a%F1os)

And what about bull fights? Cockfighting ? that's terrible.

and fur coats, those animals are often skinned alive because " it's better for the hair"
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Nov 26th, '12, 12:37

Anybody who kills animals other than for food or self defense is a fucking idiot.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby classthe_king » Nov 26th, '12, 13:36

What the fuck are you guys even talking about
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby CrashBand » Nov 26th, '12, 13:39

Menzo wrote:I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but there are tons and tons of animals that don't exist anymore - before the times of humans - and it's not like they just decided to all stop living, lol. Animals hunt each other, if one species begins to overpower another, eventually the one being preyed on will disappear.

You're committing the naturalistic fallacy.

Survival of the fittest is not how we should construct our society.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Nov 26th, '12, 14:19

CrashBand wrote:
Menzo wrote:I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but there are tons and tons of animals that don't exist anymore - before the times of humans - and it's not like they just decided to all stop living, lol. Animals hunt each other, if one species begins to overpower another, eventually the one being preyed on will disappear.

Why not?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Nov 26th, '12, 14:47

SliK wrote:
CrashBand wrote:

Why not?

Because I think we should help people that are unlucky to be less fortunate than ourselves.

And I'm not a fucking cunt.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Guess_Who » Nov 26th, '12, 15:53

@Menzo there are animals that don't exist anymore because in the nature weaker species often go extinct in favor of the strongest. But it's an undeniable fact that humans have being affecting the nature in very bad ways. Animals kill each others to eat or to defend themselves. Humans are the only ones that kill animals to have fun (bullfights, elephant hunting) , for fashion (fur coats)... etc.

Menzo wrote:
classthe_king wrote:What the fuck are you guys even talking about

It's going a weird direction, lol.

I truly can't get what part you don't understand or what is the weird direction, but hey...
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Nov 26th, '12, 17:17

CrashBand wrote:Because I think we should help people that are unlucky to be less fortunate than ourselves.

And I'm not a fucking cunt.

I agree. And the same goes for animals. They are food-ok. Evetything else is just fucked up.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby classthe_king » Nov 26th, '12, 21:14

Because how the hell did we go from animal abuse to causing species to go extinct
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby SliK » Nov 27th, '12, 00:21

Guess_Who wrote:@Menzo there are animals that don't exist anymore because in the nature weaker species often go extinct in favor of the strongest. But it's an undeniable fact that humans have being affecting the nature in very bad ways. Animals kill each others to eat or to defend themselves. Humans are the only ones that kill animals to have fun (bullfights, elephant hunting) , for fashion (fur coats)... etc.

Not true, CATS kill for fun as I have already stated. So do Orcas. I'm sure there are others, too.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Nov 27th, '12, 02:57

Menzo wrote:
CrashBand wrote:

I don't see the relevance in bringing up society...

I may have misinterpreted you.

But I thought you were implying that - because animals hunt each other in the animal kingdom - it is then alright to kill/abuse animals.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Nov 27th, '12, 06:57

Menzo wrote:Oh, no lol.

Like I said, I think aimlessly abusing and torturing animals is really stupid.

How about just killing animals in general?
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Nov 27th, '12, 07:58

I think if you eat meat, you should be able to kill an animal. Chances are your average hunter is much more humane than a lot of the abattoirs around the world. It's all well and good to sit there and take the moral high ground, claiming feral cats should simply be desexed (lol), but if you eat meat you are contributing to the suffering of animals.
Or what about the animal that had to be skinned to make your shoes, jacket and handbag?
Or the cow that had the lining of its stomach removed to make your cheese?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Nov 27th, '12, 08:04

SliK wrote:I think if you eat meat, you should be able to kill an animal. Chances are your average hunter is much more humane than a lot of the abattoirs around the world. It's all well and good to sit there and take the moral high ground, claiming feral cats should simply be desexed (lol), but if you eat meat you are contributing to the suffering of animals.
Or what about the animal that had to be skinned to make your shoes, jacket and handbag?
Or the cow that had the lining of its stomach removed to make your cheese?

I think we should only kill incestuous or gay animals. We can justify that to the grave.

edit: but seriously, I pretty much agree.

Although not saying you are right in killing feral cats. I think that's a debate which I haven't come to a conclusion yet.

But I agree with your point - that people who eat meat are definitely hypocrites when they don't want you (humanely) killing pests.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Nov 27th, '12, 08:11

What about Cain Toads? Can you justify killing a toad? It is destroying the environment by killing native wildlife but is virtually only limited to Queensland. So people have no problem culling toads, cos they're the size of a tennis ball (and most importantly -- "they're ugly!"). However, to cull the numbers of a pest that's detrimental to the entire continent is heinous because "they're cute!!". Fuck that, a pest is a pest.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate