The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Love

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Love

Postby classthe_king » Nov 28th, '12, 04:51

Block wrote:From a nature perspective, emotions are very counter-intuitive. They often times are more detrimental to our health and well-being than they are good.

Emotions help us make decisions. They've done experiments on people who have one way or another had their emotions "turned off" and they couldn't even make the simplest decisions. They kept going back and forth and weighing the pros and cons of both choices but could never choose. Emotions are what make us decide something is bad and something is good or something is good but something else is better.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Block » Nov 28th, '12, 05:41

classthe_king wrote:
Block wrote:From a nature perspective, emotions are very counter-intuitive. They often times are more detrimental to our health and well-being than they are good.

Emotions help us make decisions. They've done experiments on people who have one way or another had their emotions "turned off" and they couldn't even make the simplest decisions. They kept going back and forth and weighing the pros and cons of both choices but could never choose. Emotions are what make us decide something is bad and something is good or something is good but something else is better.

Emotions can aids in the decision making process, of course. But someone void of emotion is hardly incapable of daily life. There have been many cases of emotionless individuals surviving in society. The fact most of them are serial killers is another discussion.
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Location: Tried to die young with my true love; ended up a millionaire

Postby SliK » Nov 28th, '12, 07:39

classthe_king wrote:
CrashBand wrote:Way off topic. But I was thinking to myself the other day - the same chemical that's released during sex and some drugs which gives us pleasure/euphoria.

When we shit, we may have evolved to release a bit of that. Some shit's are just too damn good.

I mean, I'm talking our take-your-t-shirt-off shits.

Maybe you're gay and your brain thinks the shit is a penis

Omfg that caught me so off guard I almost died.

classthe_king wrote:

Quite often love stops is from making a logical decision. One might choose love over financial stability, career, physical attributes, intelligence, etc. just to satisfy that emotion.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Nov 28th, '12, 11:46

Block wrote:"Love is just a chemical by any other name" - Eyedea

Yeah, according to the science this is what love is. I remember reading about this time ago, I write here some fragments :

"It's just that when we experience these emotions they are so rich we can't imagine that they are just a series of chemical events,"

And what is almost scary is that there are scientists working on create artificially substances that produce the same chemical reaction...

Also women unconsciously when they are ovulating pay more attention to men with more masculine features and more stronger physically.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Nov 28th, '12, 14:41

Block wrote:
classthe_king wrote:

Emotions can aids in the decision making process, of course. But someone void of emotion is hardly incapable of daily life. There have been many cases of emotionless individuals surviving in society. The fact most of them are serial killers is another discussion.

Sociopath's still feel emotions, like anger lust, greed, etc. They just lack, or are very shallow in, emotions like compassion, sympathy guilt, etc.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Block » Nov 28th, '12, 19:34

Greed isn't an emotion, but rather a primitive way of thinking--self preservation. There are people void of all emotion, i've read about it, I just dont recall the diagnosis. I know that asperger's syndrome is relatively close.
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Postby classthe_king » Nov 28th, '12, 19:40

It stems from emotions though. There's a reason that most sociopaths fuck everyone over to move up the social ladder. They don't have the ability to care for other people but that drive to want to get to the top is still an emotion. If they were completely void of emotion they would just sit around and do nothing cause they wouldn't give a fuck.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Nov 28th, '12, 20:52

Well duh, we made up what it means to be everything
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Block » Nov 28th, '12, 21:20

classthe_king wrote:It stems from emotions though. There's a reason that most sociopaths fuck everyone over to move up the social ladder. They don't have the ability to care for other people but that drive to want to get to the top is still an emotion. If they were completely void of emotion they would just sit around and do nothing cause they wouldn't give a fuck.

Self preservation isn't an emotion, it's an instinct. We don't 'feel' like being self-preservating. We dont even consciously realize we are, most of the time. Also, you're speaking your personal theories in definites. "They would sit around and do nothing." This isnt entirely true. Would they be apathetic toward life and human interaction? Of course, but that doesn't mean they lack primal instinct. I'd venture to say that someone completely void of emotion would still have the urge to reproduce and partake in most other activities of normalcy--at least the primal ones--eating, mating, sleeping, etc. You're inputting that a person lacking emotion is lacking instinct... That just simply isnt the case.
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Postby classthe_king » Nov 28th, '12, 21:24

Block wrote:
classthe_king wrote:It stems from emotions though. There's a reason that most sociopaths fuck everyone over to move up the social ladder. They don't have the ability to care for other people but that drive to want to get to the top is still an emotion. If they were completely void of emotion they would just sit around and do nothing cause they wouldn't give a fuck.

Self preservation isn't an emotion, it's an instinct. We don't 'feel' like being self-preservating. We dont even consciously realize we are, most of the time. Also, you're speaking your personal theories in definites. "They would sit around and do nothing." This isnt entirely true. Would they be apathetic toward life and human interaction? Of course, but that doesn't mean they lack primal instinct. I'd venture to say that someone completely void of emotion would still have the urge to reproduce and partake in most other activities of normalcy--at least the primal ones--eating, mating, sleeping, etc. You're inputting that a person lacking emotion is lacking instinct... That just simply isnt the case.

These aren't my personal theories, I'm just saying what I learned in my psychology class...whether they're right or not I don't know.

And they wouldn't lack the instinct, but they might lack the motivation to act on those instincts.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby ImANoob » Nov 28th, '12, 21:35

one time i thought about getting a girlfriend so i jacked off and remembered how great it is

RIP TRShady. July 6, 2012 - February 6, 2014
ImANoob
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » Nov 28th, '12, 21:57

ImANoob wrote:one time i thought about getting a girlfriend but i remembered that i'm 12 and morbidly obese

:unsure:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby SliK » Dec 4th, '12, 11:55

Do you ever put the moves on a girl, or get close to a girl, that you have no romantic or sexual interest in?
I have this habit of making girls fall for me, only to kin of shun them once it happens. It's like, I want to be the most important person in their life, or the closest person to them. Then when they develop feelings for me I ice them out, because I feel guilty or something.
And if they don't fall for me, I get pissed off and ice them out anyway.

Is this something that happens to anyone else?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DƎRDYPK » Dec 4th, '12, 11:57

only if your an ice cold pimp, loob
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby SliK » Dec 4th, '12, 12:17

It's not like that though, it's not to fuck them.
It's like I need to be the center of everyone's universe or something lol
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate