The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Faggot

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Faggot

Postby CrashBand » Dec 9th, '12, 20:07

If someone went up to a gay person and called them a faggot, most people would think it's to do with their sexuality.

Imagine Elton John on a talk show and someone runs up and calls him a faggot.

Everyone at home on t.v. thinking, "yeah, that Elton sure is a fuckwit".
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Dec 9th, '12, 20:08

BigBoss wrote:ITT: OP, the grandmother of all faggots

Lol at the caught feelings from being called a nerd.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Willy » Dec 10th, '12, 00:21

CrashBand wrote:If someone went up to a gay person and called them a faggot, most people would think it's to do with their sexuality.

Imagine Elton John on a talk show and someone runs up and calls him a faggot.

Everyone at home on t.v. thinking, "yeah, that Elton sure is a fuckwit".

That's assuming you know the guy is a homosexual though. If he is just being a sketchbag and you call him a faggot and he is actually gay I guess that's just an unfortunate coincidence but hopefully the gay dude will understand the context and realize guy wasn't bashing his sexual preference. People need to stop going out of their way to get offended lol.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Dec 10th, '12, 03:06

The example was implying you know the guy is mentally handicapped.

I think most people realize the person saying 'faggot' isn't "bashing his sexual preference".

But the problem is the insult 'faggot' comes from homophobic roots and is still used as a homophobic insult.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Willy » Dec 10th, '12, 08:08

CrashBand wrote:The example was implying you know the guy is mentally handicapped.

I think most people realize the person saying 'faggot' isn't "bashing his sexual preference".

But the problem is the insult 'faggot' comes from homophobic roots and is still used as a homophobic insult.

So what do you propose we do about this?

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Dec 10th, '12, 11:59

Willy wrote:
CrashBand wrote:The example was implying you know the guy is mentally handicapped.

I think it's easier not to use the word gay or faggot when saying something is shit or someone is a fuck.

I never use it now and always notice when idiots use it (which is rather a lot). I still use gay sometimes as it's so ingrained as saying something is shit.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 10th, '12, 12:52

Crash, don't you think FAGGOT just sounds so good as an insult, though? Like, the word it's self, is amazing.

You can really emphasize the F, like "You Fffaggot!" Or the a like "what a faaaggot".
I catch myself saying it from time to time, I must admit, even though I do try not to.

I just love the word lol
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Dec 10th, '12, 12:55

Hage wrote:this happens when a niglet evolves. It becomes a thugtrio

This is fantastic.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Dec 10th, '12, 17:41

SliK wrote:Crash, don't you think FAGGOT just sounds so good as an insult, though? Like, the word it's self, is amazing.

You can really emphasize the F, like "You Fffaggot!" Or the a like "what a faaaggot".
I catch myself saying it from time to time, I must admit, even though I do try not to.

I just love the word lol

I know what you're talking about, but I don't get that for that word, lol.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Willy » Dec 11th, '12, 00:46

CrashBand wrote:
Willy wrote:

I think it's easier not to use the word gay or faggot when saying something is shit or someone is a fuck.

I never use it now and always notice when idiots use it (which is rather a lot). I still use gay sometimes as it's so ingrained as saying something is shit.

So, saying "gay" is okay but "faggot" isn't... ?

What's your stance on "queer", "homo", "flamer", "anal-warlord", "dyke" and "art/film major"? Which of these are acceptable? I don't want to offend anybodys. :sweating:

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Doodlebug » Dec 11th, '12, 00:49

As far as what A calls B - if they are friends, and accepting of what they are being called by the other - okay... it's between them.

While I cannot control what others say, and really have no opinion on why they are saying it, I know that people that say things out of malice, spit or to suffer someone > is not anyone I want to know or be around.

I have walked away from people that start up the name calling > to be mean and I will interrupt and say, Sorry - but I don't really like the direction this conversation is going so... when it heads in another direction, maybe we can talk then".

They can either get the hint, or not... But I won't waste my time around people that have nothing better to do then to sprew hate and discontent. My ears are not their sounding board for sterotypical bashing.
>> call me Deb...
We are the children of pain.... educated by hurt..." - Deb
Doodlebug
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby CrashBand » Dec 11th, '12, 06:49

Willy wrote:
CrashBand wrote:
Willy wrote:So what do you propose we do about this?

So, saying "gay" is okay but "faggot" isn't... ?

What's your stance on "queer", "homo", "flamer", "anal-warlord", "dyke" and "art/film major"? Which of these are acceptable? I don't want to offend anybodys. :sweating:

You shouldn't worry about offending anyone if you think they shouldn't be offended by it.

But I think someone is justified to be offended from a homophobic insult or an insult from homophobic roots that still has connotations.

Hell, I'm offended by homophobic and racist insults.

(Lol'd in real life at the "art/film major")
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Willy » Dec 11th, '12, 14:47

That's my whole point though. It's about intent, if you don't mean for something to be offensive it shouldn't be taken that way.

We are going round and round though lol

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Serious Debate