The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Faggot

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Faggot

Postby CrashBand » Dec 7th, '12, 11:20

SliK wrote:
CrashBand wrote:So are you guys alright with faggot or n.gger being used as an insult?

(even though faggot always is)

I think there are much worse things. I'm not gay or black, so I can't be totally sure of that, but sexuality and ethnicity isn't something one has any control over. I am white, and if/when I am called a cracker/white boy/***** I don't take offense in the slightest. I am white, so that's really just a description of me. Same with faggot and *****, gays are gay and blacks are black, but so what? It is the people who use those slurs that are offended by it, not anyone else. So I am ok with it in the sense that I think personal attacks specific to a person (like targeting their low intelligence or bad odor or anything like that) is actually more offensive because it is attacking the specific person and not a generalized group.

Whites have never been discriminated against lol. It's not the same at all.

And WillyMo, if your argument is relying on the fact people use faggot as a bundle, you need to take your L now.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Willy » Dec 7th, '12, 11:49

My L?

So you think I made that definition up? What happened to: "Faggot is used as an insult. Always. " Which I've proven wrong multiple times. And you know my argument didn't rely on people using faggot as bundle when you crafted that silly remark as a cop out for not having a real counterargument.

I think you dropped this: L

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Dec 7th, '12, 12:28

WilyMo021 wrote:My L?

So you think I made that definition up? What happened to: "Faggot is used as an insult. Always. " Which I've proven wrong multiple times. And you know my argument didn't rely on people using faggot as bundle when you crafted that silly remark as a cop out for not having a real counterargument.

Not at all.

I was merely alluding to the fact that no one ever uses the term faggot for 'bundle'.

But I agree, I think it's irrelevant. I was asking if you think it's alright to use it as an insult.

And your argument was - "we would just replace the word anyway with something else".

Reminds me of idiots saying not to take down Kony with similar reasoning. (someone will take over him anyway).

And your "words change meanings over time" isn't really relevant.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 7th, '12, 14:02

CrashBand wrote:
SliK wrote:
CrashBand wrote:So are you guys alright with faggot or n.gger being used as an insult?

(even though faggot always is)

I think there are much worse things. I'm not gay or black, so I can't be totally sure of that, but sexuality and ethnicity isn't something one has any control over. I am white, and if/when I am called a cracker/white boy/***** I don't take offense in the slightest. I am white, so that's really just a description of me. Same with faggot and *****, gays are gay and blacks are black, but so what? It is the people who use those slurs that are offended by it, not anyone else. So I am ok with it in the sense that I think personal attacks specific to a person (like targeting their low intelligence or bad odor or anything like that) is actually more offensive because it is attacking the specific person and not a generalized group.

Whites have never been discriminated against lol. It's not the same at all.

And WillyMo, if your argument is relying on the fact people use faggot as a bundle, you need to take your L now.

Many Jewish people are white and have been descriminated against more than any other group. Certainly much MUCH more than African Americans and homosexuals, lol. And kyke isn't nearly as "bad" as n*gger. Neither is "spick" or "towel head". I don't think n*gger should be any worse than any other racial slur, including cracker. And I don't think any of them are offensive.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Dec 7th, '12, 14:10

Jewish weren't discriminated because they were white. It's because the were jewish. Hence, why I don't like the insult "that's jewish".

That's like saying many men have been discriminated, we are just as bad off. Because black men have been discriminated against.

I agree that n.gga shouldn't be worse than other racial slurs. That's another problem in society. You can see it in rap battles. Racial slurs for days, but it's taboo to make them about being black.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Fleka » Dec 7th, '12, 14:29

This thread makes me want to adopt black jewish gay baby and protect it from the world.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Dec 7th, '12, 14:31

Fleka wrote:This thread makes me want to adopt black jewish gay baby and protect it from the world.

Get an ugly one as well.

The most neglected discrimination.

tbqfh.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 7th, '12, 15:43

CrashBand wrote:
Fleka wrote:This thread makes me want to adopt black jewish gay baby and protect it from the world.

Get an ugly one as well.

The most neglected discrimination.

tbqfh.

Don't forget retarded.

Cracker is a racial slur and white people are descriminated against. The term "reverse racism" is a good example, when a black person is racist towards a white person.. Like racism is a whites only thing and if a black person does it it's REVERSE racism. Which is bullshit.
But at the end of the day, there would be no racial slurs towards white people if we were never descriminated against.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Dec 7th, '12, 16:03

White people aren't discriminated anywhere near though.

That's the main reason you aren't offended when someone calls you a cracker.

As opposed to a gay person or black person being offended from faggot or n.gger.

Don't get this confused with 'it's okay to call a white person a cracker'.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 7th, '12, 16:07

In that case, I don't think any race or religion are descriminated against enough anymore to be offended.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Dec 7th, '12, 16:14

SliK wrote:In that case, I don't think any race or religion are descriminated against enough anymore to be offended.

Okay.

Well, gay people literally don't have equal rights, lmao.

Is that not enough?
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby classthe_king » Dec 7th, '12, 17:05

****er is one of my favorite words and I hate that I'm not allowed to say it (even though I do a lot)

When I stub my toe or drop my phone or something instead of my initial reaction being awh fuck or something like that it's usually awh ****er
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Willy » Dec 7th, '12, 17:33

CrashBand wrote:

Not at all.

I was merely alluding to the fact that no one ever uses the term faggot for 'bundle'.

But I agree, I think it's irrelevant. I was asking if you think it's alright to use it as an insult.

And your argument was - "we would just replace the word anyway with something else".

Reminds me of idiots saying not to take down Kony with similar reasoning. (someone will take over him anyway).

If you accept the premise that words change meaning over time your universal claim
"faggot is always used as an insult" dies of gay aids. It is relevant.

Fuck YES we should be able to use it as an insult. Again, words are born or change meaning out of necessity. If you somehow wipe the word faggot out of every person's memory in the entire planet, there will still be people that dislike homosexuals. They will think of another word, or shift the meaning of an existing word to replace faggot. Like I said, the words are not the problem. The problem is prejudice. The solution is not banning words. The solution is education and awareness.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Dec 8th, '12, 01:02

Menzo, I'm pretty sure we all stopped. Sometimes it is important to differentiate between 'er' and 'a' but surely typing n*gger or n*gga isn't bypassing the censor because we are censoring it ourselves.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Dec 8th, '12, 02:35

WilyMo021 wrote:
CrashBand wrote:

Not at all.

If you accept the premise that words change meaning over time your universal claim
"faggot is always used as an insult" dies of gay aids. It is relevant.

Fuck YES we should be able to use it as an insult. Again, words are born or change meaning out of necessity. If you somehow wipe the word faggot out of every person's memory in the entire planet, there will still be people that dislike homosexuals. They will think of another word, or shift the meaning of an existing word to replace faggot. Like I said, the words are not the problem. The problem is prejudice. The solution is not banning words. The solution is education and awareness.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.

I seriously think you are being a bit simple in thinking saying faggot as an insult isn't a major factor in prejudice towards gay people.

And I already said I think it's a cop-out just saying words will replace it lol.

And it's not relevant. All I said is faggot is always used as an insult. (currently). It's irrelevant because I was asking only about it being used as an insult anyway.

SliK wrote:Sometimes it is important to differentiate between 'er' and 'a'

sometimes it's pretty much the most important thing in the world.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate