The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Faggot

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Faggot

Postby SliK » Dec 3rd, '12, 12:38

This is a term used to disparage an entire group, yet the word seems to be far more socially acceptable than the word nigger.

Why is this so, and is it fair? Do you think it is hypocritical to see black people use the word faggot and get offended when people from a different ethnicity (particularly caucasians) use the word nigger? Or when black people say that only black people have the right to use the term, despite the fact they use the word faggot? Shouldn't homosexuals be the only group "allowed" to use it?

And lastly, is it fair that the word nigger is filtered but faggot is not? Surely one is just as offensive as the other..

Thoughts?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Faggot

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 3rd, '12, 13:12

Words should be okay to be said by everybody, or no one.
Doesnt matter what word it is.

And if some person gets offended by a wor, then dont say it (unless you want to be an ass).
But dont make a racial thing out of it.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Dec 3rd, '12, 13:36

:y:
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Dec 3rd, '12, 13:46

I agree with what cheeseburger said.

Honestly I'm not the kind of person who says faggot or nigger. But I think is more the way you say it, or the situation than the word itself. When it is said in a derogatory way it shows.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Dec 3rd, '12, 13:52

If black people find the word "n....." offensive, they should not use it. If they use it, why wouldn`t everybody else use it? Aren`t we all the same, no matter what skin colour we have, what language we speak?

When I use the word faggot, it`s for someone that pissed me off or something like that. I don`t know why, I use it without the "sexual" content, the gay stuff doesn`t even cross my mind.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 3rd, '12, 14:02

@Guess_Who I am the same, I avoid using those words but if I am quoting someone for example it is my right to say the word.

@Fleka But by using the word faggot in a derogatory sense, even if you don't mean "homosexual", the very fact that it's an insult is offensive.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Dec 3rd, '12, 14:05

I agree. I`m not saying it`s not offensive. I`m just saying, when I call someone a faggot, I don`t mean he is gay.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 3rd, '12, 14:07

Lol yeah, same.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Dec 3rd, '12, 14:09

SliK wrote:@Guess_Who I am the same, I avoid using those words but if I am quoting someone for example it is my right to say the word.

Yeah I agree, I think everybody should be free to say it. You mean here??? I was thinking in real life.

There are 2 words for that also in my country. Faggot here is maricón. I have a gay friend, and he calls his other gay friends that way all the time, but he doesn't like it when straight people call him that. So somehow is like with the N**** word.

Like fleka said here, maricón, is also used to insult without sexual connotations, kinda like asshole....so people say that all the time but if you say that to a gay person sometimes they can be offended.

But like I said I think its more the way you say it , than the word itself, is not the same say faggot joking with someone than trying to offend.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Dec 3rd, '12, 14:16

Yeah I mean in real life, but I was addressing my last point in the OP.

Only one word (and variations of that word) is censored on this forum and when you type it all you see is nigger. But then when everyone sees nigger they think of nigger, so what's the point?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Dec 3rd, '12, 14:31

SliK wrote:This is a term used to disparage an entire group, yet the word seems to be far more socially acceptable than the word nigger.

Why is this so, and is it fair? Do you think it is hypocritical to see black people use the word faggot and get offended when people from a different ethnicity (particularly caucasians) use the word nigger? Or when black people say that only black people have the right to use the term, despite the fact they use the word faggot? Shouldn't homosexuals be the only group "allowed" to use it?

And lastly, is it fair that the word nigger is filtered but faggot is not? Surely one is just as offensive as the other..

Thoughts?

:y:

I think people shouldn't say faggot or nigger.

And yes, people are hypocrites if they use faggot and are offended by the word nigger.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Dec 3rd, '12, 14:33

bigray wrote:Damn... U guys all got it wrong :facepalm

Lol
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 3rd, '12, 14:38

If we are to aim for a world where everyone is equal, no matter your skincolor, where you come from, your sexuality or whatever, then we have to make EVERYTHING available for everyone. You cant let special people have the right to say a word or do things that others cant. It creates a wall right there.

And as Louis C.K said one time, why even bother to say "the N-word", all you do is hide behind the first letter and put the word inside the listeners head. So youve practially already said the real word, which would have been wrong. But just because you dont say the actuall word, its fine...

Its like having an argument with a black person, and you end up getting frustrated and angry.
And you say; "Hey shut up you fucking N-word!!" :facepalm
"ooh no Im sorry, I dont know what got out of me!"
"Its okay, you didnt say anything bad" :facepalm2

Imagine if I said the magical word fully.
"Hey shut up you fucking niggerr!!"
*beat to death by ten black dudes*
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Dec 3rd, '12, 14:42

bigray wrote:So if the world is equal I can punch out a girl if I want to? Lol

What. The. Fuck.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 3rd, '12, 15:35

CrashBand wrote:
bigray wrote:So if the world is equal I can punch out a girl if I want to? Lol

What. The. Fuck.

You cant possibly mean that saying the n-word to a person (no matther the colour, thats the point) is the same as punching a little girl?

To keep it simple: The word Fat is okay to call ANYONE. Its not just fat people that say it to eachother. Ofcourse if I say "youre fat" to someone and he/she gets offended, then im a bad person. But its still "okay" to say it.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Serious Debate