The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

UFOs

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: UFOs

Postby Eedee » Dec 10th, '12, 17:29

classthe_king wrote:Even if there was only 100 billion galaxies each with 100 billion stars that would put the number of stars at 1x10^24

Yep. I was just saying there weren't trillions of galaxies, like you said.

Although the number of galaxies is still enough to convince me the odds are that alien life forms exist. :b:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby iain08 » Dec 10th, '12, 17:29

That conditions on Earth that were essential for life to form here is so extremely rare, and the chance that every condition was there is so astronomically low that it's insane to think how lucky we are.

Each step of life formation requires that the last step happened, and each higher step has a lower chance of it happening than the step right beneath it .
Last edited by iain08 on Dec 10th, '12, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Dec 10th, '12, 17:31

iain08 wrote:That conditions on Earth that was essential for life to form here is so extremely rare, and the chance that every condition was there is so astronomically low that it's insane to think how lucky we are.

Each step of life formation requires that the last step happened, and each higher step has a lower chance of it happening than the step right beneath it .

Not necessarily. That would be only true if the way we formed is the only way that life can form. Life could form in a multitude of different ways.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Dec 10th, '12, 17:32

iain08 wrote:That conditions on Earth that was essential for life to form here is so extremely rare, and the chance that every condition was there is so astronomically low that it's insane to think how lucky we are.

Then again, we've found numerous planets that have Earth-like conditions in the small fraction of stars we've studied. And think of all the galaxies and THEIR stars/planets. Then think of how much else in the Milky Way we have yet to discover... The odds are there, we just have to execute the job well and find them.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Guess_Who » Dec 10th, '12, 17:35

what do you guys think of these things? Strange giant drawings that appear in fields and nobody really know how they were made ...One of the more stranges one appeared near Stonhenge. none of the plants of the area was cut, and they were afected by electromagnetic anomalies that Scientists were unable to explain.

http://rinconpoeticoloyola.wordpress.co ... terrestre/
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Dec 10th, '12, 17:52

It's a human doing them lol
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Guess_Who » Dec 10th, '12, 18:07

I do believe they are human creations as well, but there are a couple of them that nobody knows how they could be done.

I remember watching a tv show about UFO's and it's incredible the amount of airline pilots that saw something strange during a flight. I remember one of them even told that his plane was chased by something strange during 15 minutes, and it was not a freak, He was a commander with years of experience. The husband of my cousin is pilot, and he didn't have any experience but he knows some pilots which had strange experiences on air. Most people prefer to keep quiet and not tell. Probably many of them have explanations but who knows...
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Dec 10th, '12, 18:18

Guess_Who wrote:I do believe they are human creations as well, but there are a couple of them that nobody knows how they could be done.

Just because somebody says they don't know how it could be done doesn't mean nobody does. Everyone thought it was impossible for the Egyptians to have moved the boulders to build the pyramids but then some random guy in the midwest figured out how they did it because he had been using the mechanism on his farm to move heavy material for years.

I remember watching a tv show about UFO's and it's incredible the amount of airline pilots that saw something strange during a flight. I remember one of them even told that his plane was chased by something strange during 15 minutes, and it was not a freak, He was a commander with years of experience. The husband of my cousin is pilot, and he didn't have any experience but he knows some pilots which had strange experiences on air. Most people prefer to keep quiet and not tell. Probably many of them have explanations but who knows...

When it's dark and we're in unfamiliar territory our mind likes to play tricks on us. People see strange things on land all the time so you wouldn't expect that to change just because you're in the air.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby iain08 » Dec 10th, '12, 19:45

It wouldn't make sense for aliens to just come here, leave crop circles, and leave. It's not like Earth is close to any planets that supports any form of life, much less intelligent life.

When strange things happen on Earth that doesn't have an obvious explanation, people automatically turn to aliens as if that's more reasonable.

I'm sure if aliens wanted to contact us they would have already.

I read a quote once, it might have been Carl Sagan, that says that most the obvious sign that there is intelligent life out there is that they haven't tried to contact us yet. Or something.

Anyways, here is a fairly interesting read, particularly the bottom quarter or so - http://poweroftheunknown.wordpress.com/2006/04/03/top-10-evidence-for-extraterrestrial-intelligence/
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TonyTilt » Dec 10th, '12, 20:04

classthe_king wrote:Even if there was only 100 billion galaxies each with 100 billion stars that would put the number of stars at 1x10^24

The number is indistinguishable from 1, its like .99999999999999999999 of probability that their are other alien life. The way I see is that there probably are civilizations that are waaay more advanced than us both technologically and spiritually, but there are also civilizations that are less advanced than us, (cavemen, middle ages type shit) but we wouldn't know of them because they have no way to be known. I have gotten a hold of some really eye opening documentaries if you guys would be interested in knowing them. Thanks !
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TonyTilt » Dec 10th, '12, 22:29

Yeah man rather than me post the vids go here: http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/07/best-ufo-documentaries-all-full-version.html ! My personal favorite is Out of the blue (the first on the list), it really changed my idea on A LOT of things.. you should definitely watch it.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Doodlebug » Dec 11th, '12, 00:53

I really do not know, but if they do exist, it would be nice if they probed the Jack-A......s in the world to try to figure out what makes them tick.

It would be nice.. because it would be mean... which for me, is nice.
>> call me Deb...
We are the children of pain.... educated by hurt..." - Deb
Doodlebug
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby SliK » Dec 11th, '12, 01:07

Menzo wrote:There is an abundance of information that suggests intelligent alien life has visited us.

Sorry, you're a good guy and everything, but there absolutely isn't.
That's like saying there is an abundance of evidence to support ghosts, God, etc. But it's only there you're looking for it.

Tell me which is more likely:
The evidence you have seen being fabricated/manipulated to suggest life has visited us
OR
Life forms from another planet mastered intergalactic travel, travelled faster than the speed of light or used wormholes or didn't age or age doesn't affect them, came thousands of light years to build a pyramid or several (remember the first pyramid of Giza was built around 500 years before the majority of them, so they stuck around for 500 years because you couldn't travel thousands of light years in 500 years) and there is no evidence of them at all. None were buried in tombs and there is no fossil evidence.

I think the evidence we have suggests we have never been visited. Just like there are no God, ghosts, demons, pixies, elves, leprechauns etc.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Dec 11th, '12, 01:23

Nazis lost the war after technological advances from beings smart enough to conquer space travel?
C'mon...
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Dec 11th, '12, 01:47

It would if they had an atomic bomb. I guess the aliens hadn't advanced that far :unsure:
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate