The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Obesity

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Obesity

Postby BigBoss » Dec 12th, '12, 02:13

CrashBand wrote:
Willy wrote:How much help can we give them lol. Crashband you're just a big softy you know that?

That's what my ex girlfriend said. :sweating:

Maybe she left you for a bigger hardy. :sweating:
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 12th, '12, 02:43

BigBoss creeping in every thread, waiting for the perfect moment to insult his enemies.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby BigBoss » Dec 12th, '12, 03:35

Off topic faggot
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Ticalrecords » Dec 12th, '12, 04:49

i learned something weird in psychology class. when your a kid, your body replicates or destroys fat cells based on how much fat needs to be stored. after puberty, your body stops making/destroying fat cells - and the fat cells just get bigger/smaller depending on how you eat/exercise. that might explain the loose skin on once morbidly obese ppl, cuz you can never truly get rid of the fat cells, just try and shrink em to an acceptable size. unless you do lypo and literally have them cut out of you.
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Dec 12th, '12, 06:17

SliK wrote:BigBoss creeping in every thread, waiting for the perfect moment to insult his enemies.

And still failing to come up with something witty.. :coffee:
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Dec 12th, '12, 07:28

You'd think being a former lard arse he'd have some insight into this topic, but no :(
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby the real slim shady » Feb 5th, '13, 20:51

Weight loss is a lot easier when you know what youre doing tbh, all those people who start some new diet of almost no food and loads of cardio.. :facepalm you lose weight by burning more calories than you take in. Thats it. So you dont have to go from 3000cal / day to 100cal/day, it would be just as effective and a lot less dangerous to go down to 2000. As for cardio... all it does is burn more calories. People dont seem to have a firm grip on how it works. Having the mentality that you have to do it is something that i imagine would help though, as with aything you try and do in the long term.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby the real slim shady » Feb 6th, '13, 00:07

All you have to do to maintain weight is eat maintainance level of calories. So when you have lost weight work out how many calories you burn up a day then eat that amount. And thats it.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Feb 6th, '13, 00:14

the real slim shady wrote:All you have to do to maintain weight is eat maintainance level of calories. So when you have lost weight work out how many calories you burn up a day then eat that amount. And thats it.

This.

Too many idiots think weight loss is to do with exercise but really you could sit on the couch all day watching TV as long as you eat right. Exercise is really only useful for fitness or putting on weight in the form of muscle.

Obviously it can help you to lose weight by burning more calories but it's negligible at the end of the day. Working out for an hour can be undone with one cupcake lol. For weight loss I would say exercise contributes to maybe 10-20% and the rest is diet. For maintaining weight it is 100% diet.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby the real slim shady » Feb 6th, '13, 00:19

Sitting down all day isnt the way to do it but in theory yes it would work. Counting calories on myfitnesspal or something is one of the best things you can possibly do to control your bodyweight (for me its to gain weight but it works the same for losing it).

Hodgetwins contradicting me just as i post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0ESUx_ ... ploademail
Not saying the hodgetwins are right 100% of the time
You count properly though and its straightforward, hunger issues aside.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kill You » Feb 6th, '13, 01:27

SliK wrote:
the real slim shady wrote:All you have to do to maintain weight is eat maintainance level of calories. So when you have lost weight work out how many calories you burn up a day then eat that amount. And thats it.

This.

Too many idiots think weight loss is to do with exercise but really you could sit on the couch all day watching TV as long as you eat right. Exercise is really only useful for fitness or putting on weight in the form of muscle.

Obviously it can help you to lose weight by burning more calories but it's negligible at the end of the day. Working out for an hour can be undone with one cupcake lol. For weight loss I would say exercise contributes to maybe 10-20% and the rest is diet. For maintaining weight it is 100% diet.

These. It's only when you need to lose weight that you should start exercising. And if you want to keep the weight lost you have to keep on working out and not just quit or you'll gain it back.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby SliK » Feb 6th, '13, 02:40

You just agreed with us then completely contradicted yourself. You do not need to exercise to maintain your current weight. As long as you eat right (approximately 8700kjs per day) you won't gain a gram of it back.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby the real slim shady » Feb 6th, '13, 09:17

How much you need to eat depends on mass, a 50kg person might need 2000 cal/day while a 90kg person may need 3500 cal/day to maintain weight.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kill You » Feb 6th, '13, 14:46

SliK wrote:You just agreed with us then completely contradicted yourself. You do not need to exercise to maintain your current weight. As long as you eat right (approximately 8700kjs per day) you won't gain a gram of it back.

I DID NOT say that. I said if you lost your weight by exercising then you need to keep exercising in order to keep it off. But not everyone loses weight the same way. I may have not said EXACTLY that but that's what my post was getting at. Didn't think I would have had to make the distinction.

I'm learning about all this in my health class currently and the professor said the same thing. I'm gonna take his word for it since he's a professional.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Emadyville » Feb 7th, '13, 07:43

i was at the sixers game tonight. this guy had to be at least 500 lbs, and he literally wedged himself into his seat.

if you have even slight self control, and a level head enough to fuckin exercise you'd 99/100 times be good.

fat people piss me off, there i said it
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate