The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Guns

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 18:55

ChristinaE12 wrote:That doesn't mean shit. It's all hypothetical bullshit and what ifs. Doesn't mean its going to happen.

If I wanted.. what would stop me from walking into your house and shooting every one.. not the law. So what would stop me from acquiring a gun to do it.. not the law.

Then why the fuck do we even have laws??

The law stops people from doing stuff. Yes common sense is the main thing that makes you do and dont do stuff, but some people lack it.
And in a country where guns are seen as the most important thing there is combined with stupid rights to shoot everything that comes within 2 meters of you, shit happens..
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Trimss » Dec 17th, '12, 19:04

classthe_king wrote:
ChristinaE12 wrote:Why is it the ones who think we shouldn't have guns aren't even from here...

It's not as simple as just making them illegal. You truly don't understand how it works...

Yeah I've been trying to say that this whole time, no one really understands the US. There are so many other factors that play into it besides guns.

No, it's because we almost all live in countries who don't idolize guns like you. We all can see what's happening there, we are all documented. YOU don't know anything about other countries but the US and so you think we can't understand you. But we do.

We know it's not easy. We know it would cut a whole lot of jobs. We know that it's almost impossible to change the constitution. We're not idiots.. But this has to stop. And if you, American people, don't do something to stop it then people will stop crying for your deaths, because it's like you don't even want to TRY to avoid these things.

There's nothing to lose with reinforcing laws, at the very least.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 17th, '12, 19:06

And that is the whole issue you outsiders don't see or get.. outlawing them will only put them in completely the wrong hands..

You guys just go off of hearsay or media bullshit. You have no idea how our laws even are..
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Trimss » Dec 17th, '12, 19:08

ChristinaE12 wrote:And that is the whole issue you outsiders don't see or get.. outlawing them will only put them in completely the wrong hands..

You guys just go off of hearsay or media bullshit. You have no idea how our laws even are..

This is basically all you said in this thread. Please, explain us then. Explain us how bad it would be to forbid the carrying of guns outside of people's house, for example.
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 17th, '12, 19:09

I personally like to just shoot. It is sport too..
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 17th, '12, 19:09

bigray wrote:so does the US need to take a look at the health care system before looking into ways of controlling guns?

This, interestingly enough, is one of the more insightful points brought up in this thread.

I don't think it's possible to ignore the fact that if it's very easy to get weapons, more people will likely use those weapons against each other. I mean, if we're just talking about the number of guns and people, that's something that makes sense, right? In a country like the United States, we have both a shit ton of people, and a shit ton of guns. So, are our shit ton of gun deaths the inescapable result of that?

The truth of the matter is, the United States doesn't do anything to help our mentally ill until they've committed some sort of crime. There's nothing to stop these people, until they've already hurt someone else. That's why our prison population has something like 5 times the mentally ill when compared to the non-prison population. And we have a huge prison population, world.

Anyway, if I'm saying anything here at all...it's that some common sense gun restrictions aren't a bad idea. They might deter some people from getting a weapon that would use it to harm someone else. But when we're talking about avoiding massacres, we have to address the mental health issue.

Because, honestly? Taking guns away from a drunken guy about to shoot some motherfucker over a game of pool, or some very paranoid redneck just out to "defend his property" will save some lives. But the only way to really solve a problem is to address the root of it, and when we're talking about avoiding mass murders, the way America handles the mentally ill needs to play a role in the discussion.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Trimss » Dec 17th, '12, 19:12

AbramIsaac wrote:The truth of the matter is, the United States doesn't do anything to help our mentally ill until they've committed some sort of crime. There's nothing to stop these people, until they've already hurt someone else. That's why our prison population has something like 5 times the mentally ill when compared to the non-prison population. And we have a huge prison population, world.

That's another debate though, but I totally agree with you.
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 19:13

AbramIsaac

Yes, yes and yes! :worship:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 19:20

bigray wrote:
cheeseburger wrote:AbramIsaac

Yes, yes and yes! :worship:

Yep! Very strong point.

You touched it aswell, but I was to pissed of to recognise it. lol :b:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 19:51

So the general reason for guns being legal is so that a few adrenaline seekers can shoot something from time to time?

Why dont you just go to a shooting range for that shit? And like rent a gun?
But ofcourse, thats not the same thing. You want the american right to have the freedom of a gun.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 17th, '12, 19:51

http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

Check that. Everything isn't as it seems. Especially when you're from the outside looking in. It's easy to judge and say shit when you are ignorant.

Then why outlaw them cause select few abuse the freedom. Makes sense huh.. your logic fails.

If it were as easy as just making them go away it would have happened already wouldn't ya think.

Alcohol prohibition anyone.

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 20:00

I scrambled through that text. And what I got out of it is that guns are good, without guns people die, criminal will always have guns. Criminals will shoot if the victim does not have a gun.

That shit doesnt make sense, and looks like its written by someone like you. A gun lover.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 17th, '12, 20:03

Of course it don't make sense. It doesn't side with your opinion. Thanks for letting me know your useless to even debate with. I'll use facts you call bullshit. That's cool.

Here how about we agree... Let's take care of the source of the problem.. its not the gun. It's the people.

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 17th, '12, 20:08

Gun ownership for many, when not about sport, is about a sense of security. That's just the truth of the matter. That's why, when confronted with the idea of people not having the choice of owning weapons, it seems ridiculous to an American to think that it would make people feel safer.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 20:11

Facts? You linked me too something called Gunowners.org :laughing:
Its even worse than saying everything on Wiki is true.

Yes the guns are not the main problem, I thought we were past that?
But if these kids that was responsible for the massacres didnt have any guns, you think they would run up in the schools with bats and knives?

Guns are easy to use, easy to get hold of and deadly as fuck. Not to mention everyone already has one so you dont even have to get one. There simply is one lying around in your dads drawer aldready.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate