The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Guns

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 18:43

bigray wrote:
cheeseburger wrote:Youre kidding right?

They took a worldwide amount of children starving and just the US amount of children being killed by guns.

Look, I understand if you want to keep your right to shoot an animal now and then or whatever. But why do you look at your gunrelated problems and say "hmmpf, naah no need changing the laws, evereything will be the same anyway" or whatever.
Its like if you cant get proof it will get better, then you wont do anything.


Anyway, that pic represents the whole world of children dying including the US, but what they are trying to show you that the guns is the lowest deaths in children in the US.


So youre saying only 23 kids died from guns last year across thw whole globe? Do you even beleive that or do you stick to that stupid argument cause it supports your beleifs?
Image
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
User avatar
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Dec 2nd, '11, 09:48
Gender: Male

Re: Guns

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 15th, '13, 18:46

23 Children died from a school shooting, specifically, according to that pic.

500 died from gun accidents. Anyway, I don't think bigray is a strong advocate for guns, he's just adding to the discussion.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
User avatar
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4112
Joined: Mar 19th, '09, 16:49

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 18:50

classthe_king wrote:
cheeseburger wrote:
classthe_king wrote:God damn Cheeseburger you are really fuckin stupid



You have no idea who I am or if Im stupid or not. Say that my argument is stupid and why it is, if you want people to discuss with you. Otherwhise you can leave "Serious Debate"...

Thank you Abram, that made some sense.
I see a big problem is that many people seem to live in a old state of mind.


No, your argument isn't stupid. The fact that you continue to make the same argument over and over while people have addressed it multiple times yet you seem completely unable to comprehend what anyone is saying to you is why you're really stupid.


And youre making the exact same argument as you always have, why doesnt that make you stupid? I thought we already agreed that our worlds are quite different and we can only imagine what would happen if my country took a little bit culture from yours and vice versa. Abram is (quite opposite of you) trying to think outside the box while still contrubuting with facts. You and bigray along with others just paste different statements from gunloving websites and call me stupid and naive, yet I live in a country where guns have slim to zero part lf our society. Even our fucking cops are being protested against for using their guns to much... Which they dont in my opinion, they use them to little.
Image
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
User avatar
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Dec 2nd, '11, 09:48
Gender: Male

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 18:54

bigray wrote:I am not saying nothing, the Pic describes what we need to know....whether it is true or false I just added the pic cuz I felt it belonged here...but the pic is showing that 23 children died directly from hand guns in the USA I think and not just the whole world...but the rest of the stats is the World.

Make Sense?

What are my beliefs? U don't really know them cuz I did not really express them here....but I did realize the US needs to start with the Mentally Ill b4 getting rid of guns...

when people are used to something it is really hard to take it away from them.

and ya...I am just adding to the convo cuz I really like this section.



Yes ofcourse "we" cant just take the guns away from every single citizen. I have never said this. All I have said is that guns are not good and should be taken care of in some way.
I have never said it would be done over a weekend and that everything would go smooth. But something has to be done.
Yes ofcourse there will still be criminals and there will still be violence.
Image
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
User avatar
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Dec 2nd, '11, 09:48
Gender: Male

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 19:04

bigray wrote:Dude I am not in this convo or debating with you. I am just adding to it. Ur making claims now that are not real...

If you go back to the first few pages you will see I was like you totally against guns but than I thought about it and read some useful info and it is a 2 sided game in reality...

Obama is looking at the Guns now, so this convo is pretty much irrelevant.


What "claims" are not real in the last two posts?
Why would you come to th conclusion that guns are good? Its a weapon! We dont live in the stone-age anymore, we dont need weapons.
The guns may be nessecary NOW because of the need for protection and whatnot. But they will never be good.

Btw, how does Obamas recent interest in guns make our discussion irrelevant? It makes it even more relevant I would say... Were not trying to change anything here, were just debating.
Image
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
User avatar
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Dec 2nd, '11, 09:48
Gender: Male

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 19:07

I wrote that AFTER you said I were coming with false claims...



....and its a question, not a claim..
Image
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
User avatar
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Dec 2nd, '11, 09:48
Gender: Male

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 19:14

You said you agreed with me at first that guns are bad. But then you read some things and coming to the conclusion that theyre not all that bad. Therefor you think they are good in some way. Why?
Image
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
User avatar
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Dec 2nd, '11, 09:48
Gender: Male

Re: Guns

Postby classthe_king » Jan 15th, '13, 21:49

cheeseburger wrote:And youre making the exact same argument as you always have, why doesnt that make you stupid? I thought we already agreed that our worlds are quite different and we can only imagine what would happen if my country took a little bit culture from yours and vice versa. Abram is (quite opposite of you) trying to think outside the box while still contrubuting with facts. You and bigray along with others just paste different statements from gunloving websites and call me stupid and naive, yet I live in a country where guns have slim to zero part lf our society. Even our fucking cops are being protested against for using their guns to much... Which they dont in my opinion, they use them to little.


The fact that you just compared me to bigray makes you even more fucking stupid. All I've posted is facts and I've dismantled every argument that you've tried to make. That's the difference between us.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
User avatar
classthe_king
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 14163
Joined: Feb 12th, '09, 02:30
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 23:01

Yeah I might come across as fucking stupid since I HAVE NO IDEA HOW YOUR SOCEITY WORKS. My god, how hard can it be to get that were not the same.
Image
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
User avatar
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Dec 2nd, '11, 09:48
Gender: Male

Re: Guns

Postby SliK » Jan 16th, '13, 01:27

Hage wrote:and i lolled at texas' response
http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/mainhea ... e=10700507


OT, but why don't California and similar states do something like that for the enforcement of drug laws? Specifically Marijuana.

Is it only because the right to bear arms is part of the constitution?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Dec 17th, '09, 06:03

Re: Guns

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 16th, '13, 01:33

Yeah, Obama is unveiling his proposals for gun control on Wednesday.

Things pertaining to background checks and enforcement of current laws will likely be done through executive order. They may be able to get a ban on high-capacity magazines (probably anything more than 10 rounds) passed through both houses of Congress, but the GOP will not pass an assault weapons ban.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
User avatar
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4112
Joined: Mar 19th, '09, 16:49

Re: Guns

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 16th, '13, 01:40

Nope.

Well, I say that, but I guess I technically have one gun. When I was a kid, I had a single shot 20 gauge shotgun. Slugs in deer season, birdshot the rest of the year. I haven't even seen the thing in about 9 years though, it's down at my grandparents' in a gun safe.

I've been thinking about it recently though.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
User avatar
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4112
Joined: Mar 19th, '09, 16:49

Re: Guns

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 16th, '13, 01:46

Yeah, that's part of the reason I've been thinking about the shotgun lately.

Where I live now, we have shooting ranges. So I was thinking about doing a little target shooting with the slugs, so I could get some practice in. You don't have to be very accurate when you're firing bird or buckshot. So, it would be nice to go let off a few rounds, see if I'm really that rusty. It's been so long, I almost forgot I had a gun at all.

I also live in a neighborhood that is close enough to the bad areas that I would like to have a gun for personal protection. I'm not talking about blasting some poor son of a bitch for breaking into my house and killing him, but I was thinking about getting some non-lethal rounds. Rubber bullet rounds, maybe even one of those pepper spray/rubber bullet combo shells.

God knows I'd end up shooting someone I know though.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
User avatar
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4112
Joined: Mar 19th, '09, 16:49

Re: Guns

Postby UofLCard » Jan 16th, '13, 02:04

In all honesty, I think I'd only get a gun if I lived alone and in a not-so-nice area.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!


TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
User avatar
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest
 
Posts: 8419
Joined: Jun 5th, '09, 04:28
Location: The land of Shadymania
Gender: Female

Re: Guns

Postby LEVITIKUZ » Jan 16th, '13, 17:54

I don't want to get to deep into the debate because I'm lazy and don't want to read 23 pages but i will say this. Most people point to the second amendment whether your pro guns or against. Look at the time period and guns back then and compare then to now. There were a lot of great amendments which when they were wrote our foundering father thought about for the future of our country but this wasn't one. They couldn't have know how advanced guns will become, you know? Pro gun members use the hunting excuse but please give me a goddamn reason why you would need 3 hundred round to kill a fucking deer? My dad hunts and I know a thing or two and you don't need assault guns for hunting. I think that machine guns, assault rifles, and automatics should be banned. Hand guns shouldn't be banned as with sniper rifles, hunting guns and shotguns. That's my view.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:He would eat 2 steaks and still have room for a third. He went to a steak restaurant for his 40th birthday, remember?

No because Em didn't invite me.
User avatar
LEVITIKUZ
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Oct 22nd, '12, 22:04
Location: I'm on the can.
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]