The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Guns

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Guns

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 17th, '12, 20:16

I think the argument is whether or not these tragedies committed by a handful of people is justification for disarming a nation of mostly responsible gun owners, and whether or not fixing that one problem will lead to a host of others.

I'm sure there are ways to support either side, but emotions seem to run so high in debates like this.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 17th, '12, 20:21

Oh and ill make it clear.. I'm all for making it harder to own firearms.. I believe I already pretty much said this earlier..

I just see absolutely no good coming from their banishment. As studies have shown too.

The main problem. Especially to the people on the outside is you only focus and see the negative. Unless you experience it you just won't understand.
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 20:24

AbramIsaac wrote:I think the argument is whether or not these tragedies committed by a handful of people is justification for disarming a nation of mostly responsible gun owners, and whether or not fixing that one problem will lead to a host of others.

Its not the same thing, I know. But these massacres makes you look at shit like this.
Why do people need to have guns laying around like a fucking Ipod? For protection? I thought it was kinda proven that if youre in a robbery situiatin as a victim and you pull your gun out, the robbers or whatever will shoot at you because YOU become a threat to them.

Christina, You said you would like IQ tests for owning guns. Sure, maybe that takes away a bit of people.
But what about murders, accidents, alcohol related or whatever stuff with guns involved?
If more people have guns on them, chanses that they will use them in a bad way increases.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 17th, '12, 20:28

That is just the negative. You really are not seeing the whole picture and thats the main problem.. Guns are used for more good than bad. You just don't see that part.

Why punish the whole crowd when only a couple are fucked up idiots.. please answer me that.
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 20:35

ChristinaE12 wrote:That is just the negative. You really are not seeing the whole picture and thats the main problem.. Guns are used for more good than bad. You just don't see that part.
Why punish the whole crowd when only a couple are fucked up idiots.. please answer me that.

Then tell me that part.

For me, the only good a gun can contribute to is helping law enforcment.
The other stuff you talk about, like for sports and hobbies are just stupid.

"Hello my name is Michael, I love to shoot at trees out in the woods on the weekends. Thats why ive filled my house with all kinds of firearms. Sometimes I walk around with my 9 millimeter in my pants just to feel safe."
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 17th, '12, 20:40

See.. now that is just ignorance on your part. It serves many purposes. Common sense goes a long ways. If you can't see that then I'm done with you.

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Willy » Dec 17th, '12, 20:42

Cheeseburger... go read a book. My god you are an idiot. If you are going to defend a position at least do it intelligently. You are coming off as a stubborn idiot, failing to address any of the points being made against you while falling back on stupid ass hypothetical scenarios.

"Hello, my name is Joe. I like to shoot people with the gun I got illegally. Good thing America decided to ban guns, cuz' now I can go shoot the fuck out of everybody without resistance!!"

^You are a fucking idiot.

"The other 'stuff' you talk about, like for sports and hobbies are just stupid."

^You are A FUCKING IDIOT!

Who are you to judge what is stupid? What does stupid even mean? Like, how is it being stupid even relevant to the fucking discussion? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRHHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

help

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 20:53

Never argue with americans about guns, they will drag you down to their level of stupidity and beat you with experience.

That was a joke.

What the fuck are you guys talking about? How am I an idiot? Im the one asking questions but not getting any anwers, yet I am the stubborn one who is being ignorant? Why cant you answer my genuine question? What is good with guns?
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Dec 17th, '12, 20:53

I've never seen so many logical fallacies committed in one thread before :''''''(

I'll give a quick example of why you need a gun. Not to go all bigray and use a personal anecdote as support but it makes a larger point.

My grandma is a 5'1" little suburban white lady. Yet she owns a gun and has a permit to carry, and most people are completely shocked when I tell them that because she is your typical nice and cheerful grandma. Well why does she have it? Because she works in Dayton (an inner city) and sometimes she gets out late and has to walk through the parking lot by herself at night. It absolutely terrifies her that she's going to get jumped or something because in America that happens a lot. It makes her feel so much better that she has the gun to protect her in case anything would happen.

You ban guns and people like my grandma who obey the law are going to get rid of their gun. But people who don't obey the law aren't going to get rid of theirs because you guessed it, they don't obey the law. People who are willing to rob or murder someone aren't going to not do it because they aren't allowed to carry a gun. They're going to carry the gun anyway, and then that will make it a hell of a lot easier to commit the crimes.

And the mental health care in are country is definitely the problem that needs to be addressed considering everyone who has committed these mass murders are mentally ill and received no help. I'm sure guys have read that letter from the mentally ill kids mom that is going around and shows how much of a problem it really is.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 20:59

classthe_king wrote:I've never seen so many logical fallacies committed in one thread before :''''''(

I'll give a quick example of why you need a gun. Not to go all bigray and use a personal anecdote as support but it makes a larger point.

My grandma is a 5'1" little suburban white lady. Yet she owns a gun and has a permit to carry, and most people are completely shocked when I tell them that because she is your typical nice and cheerful grandma. Well why does she have it? Because she works in Dayton (an inner city) and sometimes she gets out late and has to walk through the parking lot by herself at night. It absolutely terrifies her that she's going to get jumped or something because in America that happens a lot. It makes her feel so much better that she has the gun to protect her in case anything would happen.

You ban guns and people like my grandma who obey the law are going to get rid of their gun. But people who don't obey the law aren't going to get rid of theirs because you guessed it, they don't obey the law. People who are willing to rob or murder someone aren't going to not do it because they aren't allowed to carry a gun. They're going to carry the gun anyway, and then that will make it a hell of a lot easier to commit the crimes.

And the mental health care in are country is definitely the problem that needs to be addressed considering everyone who has committed these mass murders are mentally ill and received no help. I'm sure guys have read that letter from the mentally ill kids mom that is going around and shows how much of a problem it really is.

Thank you for being serious and really trying to contribute.

But what happens if a robber overthrows your grandma, steals her purse and sees the gun, takes it out and shoots her?

Let me add that I understand completely what you mean.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Willy » Dec 17th, '12, 21:00

Guns are things. Objects. There is nothing intrinsically good or bad about them. However, they can be used with both good and bad intentions.

Some good:

-guns allows for self defense. (robbers, terrorists, oppressive government, etc)
-people like to shoot guns as a hobby (you can't dismiss this on the grounds that it is 'stupid')
-people like to hunt (with guns)
-guns can give people ease of mind, and a sense of security/protection

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Willy » Dec 17th, '12, 21:02

cheeseburger wrote:
classthe_king wrote:I've never seen so many logical fallacies committed in one thread before :''''''(

But what happens if a robber overthrows your grandma, steals her purse and sees the gun, takes it out and shoots her?

What if someone jumps out of the computer, makes a gun out of your fucking bones, and pulls your tooth and uses it as a bullet to shoot you? What then?

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 17th, '12, 21:10

Willy wrote:
cheeseburger wrote:

What if someone jumps out of the computer, makes a gun out of your fucking bones, and pulls your tooth and uses it as a bullet to shoot you? What then?

:shakehead:

He gave me an example, so I gave him one back.

Im out of this bitch. keep your fucking guns, let me know when USA has dragged itself in to every fucking war there is, shot one of each race, killed all terrorists and gathered all oil.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Dec 17th, '12, 21:11

cheeseburger wrote:

I'm pretty sure upon seeing anyone suspicious walking up she would pull out the gun and just try and scare him off without resorting to violence. Most criminals are actually scaredy cats and would run away at the first sign of confrontation. They want to take things, not fight for them.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby ImANoob » Dec 17th, '12, 21:13

ahh, the shitstorm continues

RIP TRShady. July 6, 2012 - February 6, 2014
ImANoob
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate