The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Guns

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 14th, '13, 21:58

Thats how its like in this part of the world. Particulary sweden. Its lovely.
We have our problems too, of course. Our immigrants are on the edge to start a civil war amongst the ones for free immigration and those against it.
More and more people gets jumped by immigrants and women gets gangraped etc. But guns will never end up as a solution here.

Btw time for sleep. I really think it gets aggrevating comunicating via texting like this. We would understand eachother a whole lot better when talking.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Jan 14th, '13, 22:02

Sweden is nothing like the US, it's a nonviolent country. The US is an extremely violent country.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 14th, '13, 23:32

I plan on living out in the boondocks anyway.

No police around to save me if shit hits the fan. That will necessitate having something to defend myself with. When I finally get settled in, and my home is built, you better believe that I will be armed to the fucking teeth. Most of that will be for hunting, as I'll be in a very rural area, and I plan on providing my own food as much as possible. Still though, there will no doubt be a tactical shotgun just for some poor bastard that thinks he might be able to start some shit.

Why? Because, motherfucker, this is 'merika! We were born of violence, we grew with violence, and we sustained with violence. The only thing that will ensure that we won't also die through violence is to make sure we have the bigger guns!
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Jan 14th, '13, 23:43

Abram, you remind me of Chris McCandless
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 14th, '13, 23:55

Well, I get the urge to be cut off from people, kind of like McCandless did.

However, there is no way in hell I'm going to die in what may as well be Canada, so close to a bunch of dirty fucking Canucks. I understand the yearning for complete seclusion, but why the hell would you go completely unprepared, only to starve to death in Alaska? I will say this though, the mindset of breaking off from all of the bullshit, and striking out on your own is something I share with the man.

My plans are a little more practical. There's some farmland that's been in the family for probably 100 years or so, and that's most likely where I'll end up. The nice thing about where I live, the farmland isn't all cleared off, because the soil is too rocky for crops anyway, so most of the forest remains intact. Sometimes I think about building a rather large greenhouse, with a small cabin inside, like a biodome...kind of crazy sounding, but it's been done before.

Anyway, then I could subsist mostly off of fresh vegetables, fruits, and locally killed meat. But good god, my general laziness may prevent me from ever reaching that goal. Still, everyone has to have a dream of some sort, right?
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Jan 15th, '13, 00:07

AbramIsaac wrote:Well, I get the urge to be cut off from people, kind of like McCandless did.

However, there is no way in hell I'm going to die in what may as well be Canada, so close to a bunch of dirty fucking Canucks. I understand the yearning for complete seclusion, but why the hell would you go completely unprepared, only to starve to death in Alaska? I will say this though, the mindset of breaking off from all of the bullshit, and striking out on your own is something I share with the man.

My plans are a little more practical. There's some farmland that's been in the family for probably 100 years or so, and that's most likely where I'll end up. The nice thing about where I live, the farmland isn't all cleared off, because the soil is too rocky for crops anyway, so most of the forest remains intact. Sometimes I think about building a rather large greenhouse, with a small cabin inside, like a biodome...kind of crazy sounding, but it's been done before.

Anyway, then I could subsist mostly off of fresh vegetables, fruits, and locally killed meat. But good god, my general laziness may prevent me from ever reaching that goal. Still, everyone has to have a dream of some sort, right?

Well yeah, that was kind of stupid and I would never go that far, although I often have the same dreams of getting away that you do. I'm just too much of a pussy to go through with it.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby UofLCard » Jan 15th, '13, 02:03

classthe_king wrote:Therefore, I think baseball bats and frying pans should be illegal.

Bad analogy since baseball bats and frying pans were not made to kill. :unsure:
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 15th, '13, 03:37

True...

But I will point out that his main issue with that argument cheese put forth wasn't that guns are a benign item, but rather that the argument was completely dependent on multiple people acting like morons. So while someone being a complete idiot with a gun could lead to death, so could that person use something else to get himself killed as well.

The argument was more about this hypothetical person than the tool they used, in this case.

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 06:46

AbramIsaac wrote:True...

But I will point out that his main issue with that argument cheese put forth wasn't that guns are a benign item, but rather that the argument was completely dependent on multiple people acting like morons. So while someone being a complete idiot with a gun could lead to death, so could that person use something else to get himself killed as well.

The argument was more about this hypothetical person than the tool they used, in this case.

Its hard ro explain. I just think that guns are so easy for any person to use. Its so easy to end someones life with one, by mistake or by a temporary anger freakout or whatever. And you cant take it back.
Thats why its bad. The power of a gun isnt something a normal citizen should embrace.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Jan 15th, '13, 09:27

It isn't "normal citizens" that I worry about.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 16:57

Youre kidding right?

They took a worldwide amount of children starving and just the US amount of children being killed by guns.

Look, I understand if you want to keep your right to shoot an animal now and then or whatever. But why do you look at your gunrelated problems and say "hmmpf, naah no need changing the laws, evereything will be the same anyway" or whatever.
Its like if you cant get proof it will get better, then you wont do anything.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Jan 15th, '13, 17:24

God damn Cheeseburger you are really fuckin stupid
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 15th, '13, 17:30

Cheeseburger wrote:Look, I understand if you want to keep your right to shoot an animal now and then or whatever. But why do you look at your gunrelated problems and say "hmmpf, naah no need changing the laws, evereything will be the same anyway" or whatever.

Eh, bigray's Canadian. They have fairly restrictive gun laws there. I'm pretty sure your every day citizen can only own a hunting rifle...to get something with a little more umph, you have to apply for a permit, I believe.

I think another part of our reluctance to change anything about our gun laws in America is the fact that it's a right that is granted to us by our constitution. Some people look at it and say, "Well, these are incredibly sophisticated guns compared to what they had back then, there's no way they intended for people to have something like this" but it can be argued that the motivation for granting the populace the right to own guns is a security precaution. Some would argue that the founding fathers wanted the civilian population to have the ability to fight back against an oppressive government, in which case, it would make sense for us to not restrict gun rights very much.

Obviously, I'm not saying that we should ever do such a thing. An armed conflict with our own government would not only be a terrible thing, it would be ill-advised. Since we do have the most powerful military in the world, it would be stupid to think that some redneck with an AK-47 or an AR-15 would be able to hold off a helicopter or well-trained ground troops armed with grenades and M16's. Still, the argument stands that a well-armed citizenry is a deterrent against an overtly tyrannical government.

Personally, I'm not so sure about that argument. I don't have anything against bringing back the Clinton era Assault Weapons Ban, myself. Still, I think about what the writers of our constitution meant when they wrote that amendment, and I wonder what they would think of our current situation with gun violence, and whether or not it's worth it in order to keep that safeguard in place.

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 15th, '13, 17:36

classthe_king wrote:God damn Cheeseburger you are really fuckin stupid

You have no idea who I am or if Im stupid or not. Say that my argument is stupid and why it is, if you want people to discuss with you. Otherwhise you can leave "Serious Debate"...

Thank you Abram, that made some sense.
I see a big problem is that many people seem to live in a old state of mind.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Jan 15th, '13, 17:38

cheeseburger wrote:
classthe_king wrote:God damn Cheeseburger you are really fuckin stupid

You have no idea who I am or if Im stupid or not. Say that my argument is stupid and why it is, if you want people to discuss with you. Otherwhise you can leave "Serious Debate"...

Thank you Abram, that made some sense.
I see a big problem is that many people seem to live in a old state of mind.

No, your argument isn't stupid. The fact that you continue to make the same argument over and over while people have addressed it multiple times yet you seem completely unable to comprehend what anyone is saying to you is why you're really stupid.
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate