The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Guns

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Guns

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 27th, '12, 20:02

ChristinaE12 wrote:Yeah.. unfortunately for our government to try something like that it will take much more than a few tragedies.

If guns were as easy to get rid of like people think and was the end all to everything they would have taken them away a long time ago. They know the backlash would be worse.

That's the thing. We can argue but we all know nothing much will change. Right or wrong.

I love it that you never drop your beleif that we want to get rid of guns because we think that will stop all evil. We think thats one of many things to do along the way. YOU however hold so dearly to your beloved gun that you cant see that the shit's fucking stupid to own in the first place.

Everytime I watch Cops and see someone get pulled over with a gun in the car or whatever, he gets shit for having one. His excuse is something what you would say; "its for protection". The policeofficera answer is always the same; "if you pull that up in a situation where you feel its needed, not only will others shoot at you, but we will too!"
And I agree, its not like in GTA where the cops dont bother you if you shoot at the badguys...

But what do I know, Im just a stupid unedjucated swede with no life experience at all. Havent even fired a gun lol rofl :laughing: :laughing: :facepalm :coffee:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 27th, '12, 20:06

^ She wasn't talking about gun control advocates in that post, she was talking about opponents of gun control.

She's commenting on the fact that people that are against gun control in America sometimes jump at every gun-related tragedy, and get it in their heads that the government will use it as justification to enact gun control legislation. What she's saying is, if that's all it took to get the government to enact gun control, it would have happened years ago, so people are just being paranoid.

Which is true, undoubtedly. The statement isn't pro or anti gun control, it's a commentary on American politics.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 27th, '12, 20:11

Cheeseburger.. you still haven't brought anything up to support your side. ts clear your ignorant on thr subject. Why do you think you've been ignored..
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NextEpisode » Dec 27th, '12, 21:09

ChristinaE12 wrote:I could easily respond to all that but it'd honestly be a waste of fuckin time on everyone's end. Nothing is going to change and that is that.

I, honestly, have zero time to 'argue' for absolutely nothing. Especially when there will be zero change in outcome no matter how much or how little effort in a reply. The last 17 pages prove that and nothing or nobodies opinions will change no matter what. It would be completely ignorant for me to continue.

It was 'fun' while it lasted, I guess. Haha.

"I could easily... but..."

Really…? You know, personally, I'd rather get crushed in a debate, than having responses like this. I don't care much for who wins or loses a debate. What stimulates me to participate in a debate is to see if people agree or disagree with arguments/observations that I present, and why that is.

As far as "zero change in outcome" and "nobodies opinions will change no matter what" goes. I disagree. A problem, however, is that some tend to ignore arguments & facts just because these might not fit one's original side of the argument.

Did everyone agree with the arguments/observations I made in my last post? (I doubt that). Or was it 'too long', and thus, nobody bothered reading it? lol.
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 27th, '12, 21:15

NextEpisode wrote:
ChristinaE12 wrote:I could easily respond to all that but it'd honestly be a waste of fuckin time on everyone's end. Nothing is going to change and that is that.

I, honestly, have zero time to 'argue' for absolutely nothing. Especially when there will be zero change in outcome no matter how much or how little effort in a reply. The last 17 pages prove that and nothing or nobodies opinions will change no matter what. It would be completely ignorant for me to continue.

It was 'fun' while it lasted, I guess. Haha.

"I could easily... but..."

Really…? You know, personally, I'd rather get crushed in a debate, than having responses like this. I don't care much for who wins or loses a debate. What stimulates me to participate in a debate is to see if people agree or disagree with arguments/observations that I present, and why that is.

As far as "zero change in outcome" and "nobodies opinions will change no matter what" goes. I disagree. A problem, however, is that some tend to ignore arguments & facts just because these might not fit one's original side of the argument.

Did everyone agree with the arguments/observations I made in my last post? (I doubt that). Or was it 'too long', and thus, nobody bothered reading it? lol.

Yeah.. I could have easily responded to your post. Who couldn't right? But it wouldn't change anything. You know that as well as I do. And the sole reason I say that is because of the last 18 pages. I'm not saying that for just any debate. But this one only cause nothing has changed yet.

The reason I find it truly pointless to even respond and continue with you though is cause I was ever only solely talking about banning every 'gun' completely. But it looks like that isn't even your argument to begin with. So why would I continue to debate against you on something that we possibly agree on. Doesn't make much sense to me, personally.

I have said this from the get go.. That I do think we should have more gun control, in general. More in depth background checks and so on. I just don't agree with getting rid of them completely. That is it.

I bet if we actually got down to it. We probably have similar 'beliefs' than it appears, as well.
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 27th, '12, 22:14

^ Believe it or not, but thats how I feel.
We finally agree, see thats an acomplishment

:b:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Dec 27th, '12, 22:34

I've been watching the walking dead and I must say if there's ever a zombie apocalypse you guys are going to wish you had all those guns
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 27th, '12, 23:30

classthe_king wrote:I've been watching the walking dead and I must say if there's ever a zombie apocalypse you guys are going to wish you had all those guns

That would be awesome. The only apocalypse I wouldnt give a shit about. It would be fun
t least..

Thats the reason I don't want to waste anymore energy on the subject cheese.. I bet our views are closer than what you would realize. Especially from this thread.

Ugh fuck posting from a phone and its autocorrect function.

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 28th, '12, 07:00

Class. its posts like that that piss me off... really? You wouldnt just feel terrified and scared as hell? Naah thats right, yous gots yo gunz and yo homies and yo hold up in this lil house nah mean. shootin zombies, nah mean?
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 28th, '12, 07:09

cheeseburger wrote:Class. its posts like that that piss me off... really? You wouldnt just feel terrified and scared as hell? Naah thats right, yous gots yo gunz and yo homies and yo hold up in this lil house nah mean. shootin zombies, nah mean?

lol

Most gun owners aren't speaking in ebonics, I can tell you that. As far as some ridiculous hypothetical zombie apocalypse..well, America would be better off than just about any other country in the world. You guys would have to cower, because what else could you do? We have guns, and gun stores everywhere! Plus, our zombies are all fat as hell, and couldn't fit through most normal sized doorways.

nah mean?
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Dec 28th, '12, 07:27

cheeseburger wrote:Class. its posts like that that piss me off... really? You wouldnt just feel terrified and scared as hell? Naah thats right, yous gots yo gunz and yo homies and yo hold up in this lil house nah mean. shootin zombies, nah mean?

>Though I was being serious
>looooool
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 28th, '12, 08:54

Of course you werent serious.
But when I hear people talk positive about zombieapacolypses i lose it for some reason.

You know what? I HOPE there is a Zombieapacolypse, and YOU would be eaten first!

Now eat a bag of dicks.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Dec 28th, '12, 08:58

classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 28th, '12, 09:02

Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 28th, '12, 09:26

cheeseburger wrote:Now eat a bag of dicks.

Regardless of what you do or say, you're good because of that reference.

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate