The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Is this wrong?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Is this wrong?

Postby SliK » Jan 23rd, '13, 03:18

bigray wrote:Well I will do more of my own research and talk to people about it as I am starting to have an open mind that people may be born gay.

That's good, I am not ruling out environmental factors completely either. Obviously there is no conclusive evidence that points to one thing as the sole cause of homosexuality. But I think it is a good idea to keep an open mind on such issues. :y:

@class your new sig made me lol
Last edited by SliK on Jan 23rd, '13, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Spyder » Jan 23rd, '13, 03:18

@ray, i said basically born gay.

like slik said they could either try dating women because thats what the norm is, and dont want to be ridiculed.
or (which is kinda iffy) be driven gay by relationships not working out and being hated and awkward with women.

but yeah its definitely a born attraction
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby classthe_king » Jan 23rd, '13, 03:23

bigray wrote:Sure they may be evidence to support it but if it was 100% accurate than the whole World would have no choice but too accept it as a fact and believe it, every single person knows that cigarettes are bad for your health and that's a fact and no one will debate otherwise.

This is terrible logic. There are tons of things that are 100% accurate that people don't accept.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby classthe_king » Jan 23rd, '13, 03:27

I don't care if people think like that. The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

Honestly the only argument you could make is that the gene/genes for homosexuality can be turned on/off by environmental factors but there is no reason to believe that is the case and even if it was, homosexuals still would have no choice in the matter.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby SliK » Jan 23rd, '13, 14:12

I think it's as common as 10% but no matter how you look at it, we aren't "supposed to" be attracted to the same sex. We find the opposite sex attractive so that we can reproduce and ensure the survival of our species.

I would say that it is an "abnormality", but not that it is wrong.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby BigBoss » Jan 23rd, '13, 15:21

She shouldn't have to worry about being infertile because she wants a child of her own?
lel
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby UofLCard » Jan 25th, '13, 03:50

It sucks being a girl sometimes. :tapping:
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Just Silver » Jan 25th, '13, 14:40

i think its still wrong but whatever lol its just at the age he did it made it weird
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Emadyville » Jan 28th, '13, 07:10

this is just stupid diagnosing this at 3. i mean, i think as a society of people we are being too jumpy with this shit. i wish it were the old days where the kid would just be a boy then a man and deal with it...like a man
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Eminemeatinm&m » Jan 30th, '13, 19:26

World's getting worse everyday.

A man born man HAS to act and be a man, A girl born girl has to be a girl.

If it's not like that, there will be more aberrations like that guy in the vid and gays in the world.
#HatedemhomeboysfromTR
Eminemeatinm&m
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby EmTV » Jan 30th, '13, 20:10

Most people in this thread sound so damn ignorant.

If they accept that she's a girl, and she, TO THIS DAY, accepts it, then who gives a shit? I already accept that she's a girl.

fuck.
Wake up call, wake up call.
My answer to every question was
"Fuck Y'all!"
EmTV
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby CanadaPure » Jan 30th, '13, 22:15

The whole transgender thing is actually really interesting when you think about it. I don't care if someone as an adult decides they want to have a sex change, as long as they don't hide the fact that they're transgender. Mainly because I don't think it's fair to lead someone on to the fact that you're male/female, when really all you've done is change your body aesthetically and taken hormones. If you're open about the fact that you're trans, then whatever. I'm not going to be forced to sleep with or be around you, so I don't really care.

However, I disagree with doing this with a child. It should be their choice when they reach adulthood, not the decision of the parents because of a pseudo-disorder diagnosed by psychiatrists.

There was one case we learned about in a psychology course where there were twins, both boys. They messed up the circumcision on one of the boys after birth, so the parents and doctors decided to go with a sex change (they built a vagina if I recall correctly) and raise him as a girl. His twin brother was still a boy. They eventually told him/her and when he/she reached adulthood, he/she killed his/herself because it's not what they wanted out of life.

So pretty much, this is something I can't support because it's to a child. If it was a consenting adult and they were open about it I wouldn't care. I just don't agree with decisions like this being made for children by the parents or by a not mentally developed youth.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 30th, '13, 22:53

CanadaPure wrote:They messed up the circumcision on one of the boys after birth, so the parents and doctors decided to go with a sex change (they built a vagina if I recall correctly) and raise him as a girl.

Not to discount the rest of your post, which was completely valid and pertinent to the discussion...but...

Jesus Christ, that makes me wonder how many times some drunk asshole has cut some poor baby's dick off while performing a circumcision.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Amaranthine » Jan 31st, '13, 00:00

CP, I learned about that in my psych class, too. ;)
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CanadaPure » Jan 31st, '13, 03:43

AbramIsaac wrote:
CanadaPure wrote:They messed up the circumcision on one of the boys after birth, so the parents and doctors decided to go with a sex change (they built a vagina if I recall correctly) and raise him as a girl.

Not to discount the rest of your post, which was completely valid and pertinent to the discussion...but...

Jesus Christ, that makes me wonder how many times some drunk asshole has cut some poor baby's dick off while performing a circumcision.

It's actually not that high of a rate. Excessive bleeding even only occurs in something like 1 in 1000. Even though I'm uncut, I wouldn't say it's really that risky. This was a freak accident.

Amaranthine wrote:CP, I learned about that in my psych class, too. ;)

As much as it was sad, the psychological side of it was really interesting. Glad I'm not the only one who had a professor who liked to talk about mutilated penises (penii?)
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Previous

Return to Serious Debate