The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Domestic Violence

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Domestic Violence

Postby HeySamantha » Mar 28th, '13, 21:17

SliK wrote:Actually that's exactly what it means. Don't attack someone who's more powerful than you just because you think he wouldn't/shouldn't hit you back. This goes back to what I was saying in my initial post about women using this mentality as a shield. You would absolutely deserve to be hit back, it's called self defense. Otherwise use your words like you would expect of him.

Are you kidding me? Saying a 5'9 150 guy needs "Self defense" from a 5'1 120 girl? I'd barely make eye-contact with his chin lol

SliK wrote:TO ME, that's what it's like when a guy gets beaten up too. What is the difference between a 150lb man beating up a 200lb man, or a man beating up a woman? If both the 200lb man and the woman end up looking like Rihanna and both genders feel pain, then it's equally wrong.

If the two guys are close in weight and height, at least it's an equal fight, not that it makes it right. Force is what it comes down to, imo.

SliK wrote:You're contradicting your first paragraph here a little. Your first paragraph strongly implied that it is more acceptable for YOU to hit a man than a man to hit you. Wrong.

I'm sorry if it came off that way, I didn't mean to imply that it's okay for a female to hit a male. She's asking for trouble if she slaps a guy. Not that it should be returned, but no one is in the right at that point.

SliK wrote:Kind of irrelevant to the discussion.

Not really, considering we're talking about relationships and what can lead to flying fists. It just depends on your temper. This comment from you was also very cold :/

Funny thing is, I knew it wouldn't take you long to rip everything I had to stay apart. I don't know what it is you have against me, but you seem to really dislike me. Which is unfortunate, but shit happens.

Those are my opinions, I don't expect everyone to agree with them. I am going to stay this though, and I'm sure it'll cause some shit but.. I think its stupid how guys go around gloating about how strong they are until something like this comes up. Then suddenly "most girls" are equal and should expect to be hit back.

Bottom line is, no one should be hit.. but stuff happens. I've never been in that situation and hopefully never will be. My opinions are not to be taken whole-heartedly because again, I haven't been in that situation.
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Mar 29th, '13, 01:37

HeySamantha_ wrote:
SliK wrote:Actually that's exactly what it means. Don't attack someone who's more powerful than you just because you think he wouldn't/shouldn't hit you back. This goes back to what I was saying in my initial post about women using this mentality as a shield. You would absolutely deserve to be hit back, it's called self defense. Otherwise use your words like you would expect of him.

Are you kidding me? Saying a 5'9 150 guy needs "Self defense" from a 5'1 120 girl? I'd barely make eye-contact with his chin lol

If he had provoked you to the point where you strike him, why should he be held to a higher standard than you? If he got you to the point where you were so angry that you had to hit him, he is probably at the the same point too. I'm not saying he "needs" self defense because you're threatening his life but if you punch him and he slaps you back you deserved it.

HeySamantha_ wrote:
SliK wrote:TO ME, that's what it's like when a guy gets beaten up too. What is the difference between a 150lb man beating up a 200lb man, or a man beating up a woman? If both the 200lb man and the woman end up looking like Rihanna and both genders feel pain, then it's equally wrong.

If the two guys are close in weight and height, at least it's an equal fight, not that it makes it right. Force is what it comes down to, imo.

Not at all. What if one is a UFC fighter, or a boxer, or has been in 100 street fights, or grew up fighting his brothers, etc and the other man is just an average man. There are so many more factors than force and to say its an "equal" fight based simply on body weight is ignorant.
Do you think a tall/fat man could defend himself from an attack more effectively than a little Asian Kung Fu master? Or a female kick boxer? Of course not.

HeySamantha_ wrote:
SliK wrote:You're contradicting your first paragraph here a little. Your first paragraph strongly implied that it is more acceptable for YOU to hit a man than a man to hit you. Wrong.

I'm sorry if it came off that way, I didn't mean to imply that it's okay for a female to hit a male. She's asking for trouble if she slaps a guy. Not that it should be returned, but no one is in the right at that point.

The man certainly shouldn't knock her head off in response to getting slapped but I think shoving her away with a bit of force is fair, just as a reminder of what she's getting into. If she is repeatedly hitting him over and over then it is self defense and well within his right for him to hit her back to subdue her.

HeySamantha_ wrote:
SliK wrote:Kind of irrelevant to the discussion.

Not really, considering we're talking about relationships and what can lead to flying fists. It just depends on your temper. This comment from you was also very cold :/

I wasn't talking about relationships specifically or even the motivation behind domestic violence, the only time I mentioned a "reason" was because of that ridiculous saying "there's never a reason to hit a woman", so I stand by that comment.

HeySamantha_ wrote:Funny thing is, I knew it wouldn't take you long to rip everything I had to stay apart. I don't know what it is you have against me, but you seem to really dislike me. Which is unfortunate, but shit happens.

Kind of irrelevant to the discussion.

HeySamantha_ wrote:Those are my opinions, I don't expect everyone to agree with them. I am going to stay this though, and I'm sure it'll cause some shit but.. I think its stupid how guys go around gloating about how strong they are until something like this comes up. Then suddenly "most girls" are equal and should expect to be hit back.

How many guys do you ACTUALLY see in real life that gloat about their strength? You are hanging around a bunch of fuckwits if that is a regular thing for you. Most men aren't even concerned with how much stronger they are than a woman, lol.

HeySamantha_ wrote:Bottom line is, no one should be hit.. but stuff happens. I've never been in that situation and hopefully never will be. My opinions are not to be taken whole-heartedly because again, I haven't been in that situation.

Fair enough. I agree that there are much better ways to resolve problems than violence. But, unfortunately, like you say... Sometimes stuff happens :/
Last edited by SliK on Mar 29th, '13, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Willy » Mar 29th, '13, 01:44

I'm buff as shit and'll Bane style snap a girl's back in half.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BigBoss » Mar 29th, '13, 01:52

if a girl tried to hit me id just pin her down, if we're in public and shit is getting serious then id let her hit me a few times so everyone can see, THEN pin her down, but dont be dipshit and hit back, the law is biased against men when it comes to this, you'll have the witnesses saying she attacked me and all i did was stop her
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby HeySamantha » Mar 29th, '13, 01:53

SliK wrote:Fair enough. I agree that there are much better ways to resolve problems than violence. But, unfortunately, like you say... Sometimes stuff happens :/

Great! Lets agree to agree on some points and not agree on others?
We see some things differently, so going back and forth isn't going to get us anywhere except in a circle. Not to mention, quoting someone paragraph by paragraph is a lot of fucking work lol

I should add that yeah I do agree with your shoving a girl away is fine. However, don't send her flying across the room on her ass :shifty:

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Mar 29th, '13, 02:00

Well this is the serious debate section. There wouldn't be much activity if everyone just agreed to disagree and stopped talking.

Yes you are right, if a girl slaps a guy and he fractures her cheek with his first or sends her flying through the air he's out of line. Most guys wouldn't do that buttt if you aren't willing to take the risk don't slap him in the first place.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby HeySamantha » Mar 29th, '13, 02:08

SliK wrote:Well this is the serious debate section. There wouldn't be much activity if everyone just agreed to disagree and stopped talking.

Yes you are right, if a girl slaps a guy and he fractures her cheek with his first or sends her flying through the air he's out of line. Most guys wouldn't do that buttt if you aren't willing to take the risk don't slap him in the first place.

Oh okay, I see where you're coming from. When you're talking about a guy beating a girl, I'm thinking of flying across the room and stuff .. like a full on closed handed fist fight. That's what I'm totally against. Shoves and stuff, I don't really see anything wrong with that. Passion comes into play at this level, too.

I agree though, just don't take the chance. If no one takes the first swing then there won't be any physical altercations, period. No one is to blame then, yell all you want haha.

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Guess_Who » Mar 29th, '13, 13:31

SliK wrote:
HeySamantha_ wrote:Hard discussion, I can see it from both sides. I don't think the "well, she hit me first" excuse flies, though. Say you have a 150lbs guy standing at the typical 5'9, comes at me. I'm a petite 5'1 girl.. just because I whacked him first doesn't give him the right to slap or beat me up.

Actually that's exactly what it means. Don't attack someone who's more powerful than you just because you think he wouldn't/shouldn't hit you back. This goes back to what I was saying in my initial post about women using this mentality as a shield. You would absolutely deserve to be hit back, it's called self defense. Otherwise use your words like you would expect of him.

I basically think noone should hit anyone. Or you can go to a dangerous game. You hit me- I hit you... Doesn't really matter your height.

Anyway let's pretend it happen a really small woman hit a huge guy. It's common sense he can't hit her in the same way. To put an example. I know a couple who has the most spoiled kid ever. I was ignoring this kid one day and he kicked me in the leg. Should I kick him back? obviously not. It's just common sense.

But we are forgetting another type of violence, verbal. I think usually when we are talking about trully domestic violence both are involved. Phisical and psychological.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Mar 29th, '13, 14:03

Guess_Who wrote:
SliK wrote:
HeySamantha_ wrote:Hard discussion, I can see it from both sides. I don't think the "well, she hit me first" excuse flies, though. Say you have a 150lbs guy standing at the typical 5'9, comes at me. I'm a petite 5'1 girl.. just because I whacked him first doesn't give him the right to slap or beat me up.

Actually that's exactly what it means. Don't attack someone who's more powerful than you just because you think he wouldn't/shouldn't hit you back. This goes back to what I was saying in my initial post about women using this mentality as a shield. You would absolutely deserve to be hit back, it's called self defense. Otherwise use your words like you would expect of him.

I basically think noone should hit anyone. Or you can go to a dangerous game. You hit me- I hit you... Doesn't really matter your height.

Anyway let's pretend it happen a really small woman hit a huge guy. It's common sense he can't hit her in the same way. To put an example. I know a couple who has the most spoiled kid ever. I was ignoring this kid one day and he kicked me in the leg. Should I kick him back? obviously not. It's just common sense.

Children don't know any better, especially if they are spolied and always get their way. A grown woman should know better.

Guess_Who wrote:But we are forgetting another type of violence, verbal. I think usually when we are talking about trully domestic violence both are involved. Phisical and psychological.

You're right and it is a serious problem. The ridiculous thing is it's WOMEN who claim that emotional pain is just as tough as physical pain yet it's WOMEN who inflict psychological pain but can't handle anything physical. It's fucking wrong, like the women who accuse someone of rape. These women deserve a fucking bullet imo. I kind of touched on this in the OP, though:
SliK wrote:Personally I don't think violence is the answer to anything, but women play a lot of mind games that can really hurt, a lot worse than a punch in the stomach or face would hurt tbh. Some women hide behind the fact society frowns on violence against women and will use it as a shield to protect themselves against the men they are hurting emotionally.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Mar 30th, '13, 11:31

Mmmm well, I wouldn't say emotional violence is as tough as the physical one.

Why? Ok, let's go to an extreme.

Think about those women with the face burned in acid by their husbands. It happens a lot in Pakistan. I can't imagine an emotional violence compared to that. You can recover from emotional violence, but you can't have your face back to normal if it was burned that way. (ok very extreme example)

And I think both women and men use emotional violence. I don't know what mind games you are talking about exactly, but men uses that a lot too " you can only be in the kitchen" " you are not worth at all bitch" etc...

The way I see it If you hit me once it's your fault, if you hit me twice it's mine for giving you a second chance.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Mar 30th, '13, 12:32

Yeah if we're talking about psychopaths who would burn their wives face off I agree, that's worse.

Then there's rough sex, where is the line drawn? I have been with women who are turned on by slapping, choking, hair pulling, spitting.. You name it. Some women literally get off on being degraded, I don know why, but that is the only time I've ever laid hands on a women. I've been the victim of mind games plenty of times though.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Alex2012 » Mar 30th, '13, 20:51

one of my brother was abused verbally and physically by his wife, got to take him to emergency.

If she got a good slap the first time she did, maybe she would have stopped but my brother said he doesn't beat a woman, that's it. But he stayed with her :facepalm

I think in a relationship if the other starts to beat you, you should leave because if you start to beat too then at the end no one will win.

here there is a famous singer who hit his girlfriend too hard, it seems she did too but he was bigger and she died, maybe they were on drugs or so but at the end he went in prison for years, maybe it's her who started who knows but bad idea not to leave when she did then.
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Mar 30th, '13, 21:27

SliK wrote:Yeah if we're talking about psychopaths who would burn their wives face off I agree, that's worse.

Then there's rough sex, where is the line drawn? I have been with women who are turned on by slapping, choking, hair pulling, spitting.. You name it. Some women literally get off on being degraded, I don know why, but that is the only time I've ever laid hands on a women. I've been the victim of mind games plenty of times though.

haha, well rough sex is different. That's a game between 2, and both parties agree. How someone can enjoy hair pulling or the other things you said I don't get it, but hey...a free world.

@Alex, think about Rihanna, she was beaten by Chris Brown, she went back with him, and now he left her....you can never give a second chance to a person like that.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Previous

Return to Serious Debate