The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Are african (descendant) people less intelligent

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Are african (descendant) people less intelligent

Postby SliK » Mar 26th, '13, 00:15

I'm not reading all of that, but of course intelligence is genetic. What a stupid thing to say.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Mar 26th, '13, 00:50

Minimii you block-head.

You're the only one saying there is a difference between their intelligence, like it's a fact.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Block » Mar 26th, '13, 04:28

Minimii wrote: Brain size however dont determine your intelligence.

Doesn't* And you're wrong. There is a direct correlation between brain size and intelligence in the wild. Any scientist will verify this. I stopped reading after this paragraph because you obviously haven't got the slightest clue in what the fuck you're talking about.

I believe the difference between women and men are the ways they are raised.

Again, more proof that you're talking out of your ass with absolutely no knowledge of the subject. The way they are raised? Seriously?

So I guess womens' genetic disposition to breast cancer and blacks genetic disposition to diabetes, lung cancer and strokes are all how they're raised?

If their bodies can be so drastically different when it comes to physical ailments, why is it so far-fetched that the brain would be effected as well?

Albeit controversial (due to obvious reasons), there have been numerous studies that have proven blacks to be at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to brain capacity. Not racist, just fact.

Not all men are created equal. We can all agree that when it comes to sports, blacks whipe the floor with most white guys--I guess the opposite is true for intellect.
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Location: Tried to die young with my true love; ended up a millionaire

Postby CrashBand » Mar 26th, '13, 07:11

Block wrote:Albeit controversial (due to obvious reasons), there have been numerous studies that have proven blacks to be at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to brain capacity. Not racist, just fact.

We can all agree that when it comes to sports, blacks whipe the floor with most white guys--I guess the opposite is true for intellect.

Yes, we were saying that is definitely possible.

Do you mind showing links with the studies? - out of curiosity.

It's pretty hard to measure intelligence though, as there are many branches and definitions of it.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Mar 26th, '13, 08:33

CrashBand wrote:
Block wrote:Albeit controversial (due to obvious reasons), there have been numerous studies that have proven blacks to be at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to brain capacity. Not racist, just fact.

We can all agree that when it comes to sports, blacks whipe the floor with most white guys--I guess the opposite is true for intellect.

It's pretty hard to measure intelligence though, as there are many branches and definitions of it.

The studies are bullshit. There were extensive studies done on Aborigines to support breeding them out and taking the children from their parents. As I have mentioned in this thread twice already, simple IQ tests and similar methods of testing do not account for cultural differences. A tribal child may be less able to identify the odd shape out, or the next number in the sequence, because they are less familiar with these concepts and there is less inportance placed on learning those skills. A greater importance is placed on petrol siphoning, making crack pipes and brewing alcohol from vegetable matter.

Nahhh but for real, cultural differences usually account for a seemingly lower intelligence.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Minimii » Mar 26th, '13, 14:18

SliK wrote:I'm not reading all of that, but of course intelligence is genetic. What a stupid thing to say.

Disease, breast feeding, stimulation (and possibly food) as an infant all affects how intelligent you will end up being as well as genes.

CrashBand wrote:Minimii you block-head.

You're the only one saying there is a difference between their intelligence, like it's a fact.

Im assuming, i have also said that this is just speculation, if you comment my comments then comment them all not one sentence.

Block wrote:
Doesn't* And you're wrong. There is a direct correlation between brain size and intelligence in the wild. Any scientist will verify this. I stopped reading after this paragraph because you obviously haven't got the slightest clue in what the fuck you're talking about.

So whales are smarter than us humans? Or elephants? Neanderthals had bigger brain than homo sapiens, were they smarter? Brain mass relative to body mass is what matters. Men have bigger brain but they're not smarter than women. Plus there is no consensus among scientists whether brain size determines your intelligence.

Block wrote:Again, more proof that you're talking out of your ass with absolutely no knowledge of the subject. The way they are raised? Seriously?

So I guess womens' genetic disposition to breast cancer and blacks genetic disposition to diabetes, lung cancer and strokes are all how they're raised?

It is pretty obvious that i was referring to cognitive ability because someone mentioned that women are less rational, not talking about physical differences.
Cause you'll never take my pride from me
It'll have to be bribed from me"
- marshall "sellout" mathers
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Mar 26th, '13, 14:31

Saying those things determine someone's intelligence is true. However, it is only true in the sense that it will only allow them to reach their full ability. It doesn't allow them to go above and beyond what they were born with (genes).

So it helps to be raised in the right environment to reach your full genetic potential but being raised in the wrong environment doesn't necessarily mean someone is going to be unintelligent.

This is first day psych stuff, mate. Read up.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Minimii » Mar 26th, '13, 14:51

SliK wrote:Saying those things determine someone's intelligence is true. However, it is only true in the sense that it will only allow them to reach their full ability. It doesn't allow them to go above and beyond what they were born with (genes).

So it helps to be raised in the right environment to reach your full genetic potential but being raised in the wrong environment doesn't necessarily mean someone is going to be unintelligent.

Growing up in a wrong environment doesnt make you more intelligent than you can be according to your genes, true, but it may affect your brain negatively therefore rendering you less intelligent than you could potentially be. Although some claim that we are all potential Einsteins in our childhood but i dont think so.
Dude this is wikipedia stuff.
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Block » Mar 26th, '13, 22:54

CrashBand wrote:

I can't find the studies I was reading, as it was a few months ago, but this should help:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/podca ... t-13-01-04

Comparisons of different animals have shown that larger brains provide greater intelligence, but they also guzzle more energy and have other consequences.

So whales are smarter than us humans? Or elephants? Neanderthals had bigger brain than homo sapiens, were they smarter? Brain mass relative to body mass is what matters. Men have bigger brain but they're not smarter than women. Plus there is no consensus among scientists whether brain size determines your intelligence.

Did I say that body size had nothing to do with it? No. You said definitively that, and I quote, "brain size has nothing to do with intelligence," and you're wrong. Completely wrong.

And to answer your question: Yes. Whales and elephans do, in fact, possess an abnormally high amount of cognitive capabilities.

Plus, nobody stated that brain size is the absolute and only way to determine intelligence. Internal organization of brain development plays a huge part. The tempo and mode of its development. Also, intelligence is based a lot on which part of the brain is larger, in comparison to the others. The brain itself cannot be thrown into a box and listed as 'brain'. There are many different parts of the brain that, if taken out of the equation, have catastrophic effects.

It is pretty obvious that i was referring to cognitive ability because someone mentioned that women are less rational, not talking about physical differences.

Again, you didn't specify anything. You just assume people will roll along with what you're saying. Now we have many different types of intelligences. Are we speaking about emotional intelligence? Natural intelligence? Logical-Mathematical intelligence? Existential intelligence? Inter-personal intelligence? Linguistic intelligence? Spacial intelligence?

It's a fact that men and women are completely different. From how we rationalize things, to how we physically view the world.

In general, men have approximately 6.5 times the amount of gray matter related to general intelligence than women, and women have nearly 10 times the amount of white matter related to intelligence than men. Gray matter represents information processing centers in the brain, and white matter represents the networking of – or connections between – these processing centers

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 100142.htm
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Location: Tried to die young with my true love; ended up a millionaire

Postby SliK » Mar 27th, '13, 00:25

Minimii wrote:
SliK wrote:Saying those things determine someone's intelligence is true. However, it is only true in the sense that it will only allow them to reach their full ability. It doesn't allow them to go above and beyond what they were born with (genes).

Growing up in a wrong environment doesnt make you more intelligent than you can be according to your genes, true, but it may affect your brain negatively therefore rendering you less intelligent than you could potentially be. Although some claim that we are all potential Einsteins in our childhood but i dont think so.
Dude this is wikipedia stuff.

That's exactly what I said...
And don't get your info from wiki, lol. At least use google scholar.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Minimii » Mar 28th, '13, 15:17

Block wrote:

Did I say that body size had nothing to do with it? No. You said definitively that, and I quote, "brain size has nothing to do with intelligence," and you're wrong. Completely wrong.

What i was saying was brain size =/= intelligence. And I never said that brain size relative to body mass has nothing to do with intelligence.
Block wrote:And to answer your question: Yes. Whales and elephans do, in fact, possess an abnormally high amount of cognitive capabilities.

Yet nowhere near humans.

Block wrote:Again, you didn't specify anything. You just assume people will roll along with what you're saying. Now we have many different types of intelligences. Are we speaking about emotional intelligence? Natural intelligence? Logical-Mathematical intelligence? Existential intelligence? Inter-personal intelligence? Linguistic intelligence? Spacial intelligence?

i just thought that everyone with brain (and no i dont mean literally) can figure it out but i guess i was wrong soz
Block wrote:It's a fact that men and women are completely different. From how we rationalize things, to how we physically view the world.

Not completely different, there are some differences but those are negligible when talking about cognition.

SliK wrote:That's exactly what I said...

"but being raised in the wrong environment doesn't necessarily mean someone is going to be unintelligent."
And no i dont, it was a metaphor.
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Mar 30th, '13, 01:21

Minimii wrote:
SliK wrote:That's exactly what I said...

"but being raised in the wrong environment doesn't necessarily mean someone is going to be unintelligent."
And no i dont, it was a metaphor.

Are you actually suggesting everyone who grows up in poor conditions will be unintelligent? I didn't say it definitely wouldn't affect you, all I said was it doesn't necissarily make you unintelligent.

Pretty simple concept.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Alex2012 » Mar 31st, '13, 21:50

i think it's retarded to think people can be more intelligent because of the size of their brain, intelligence is more subtle than that.

can i put a sex joke here though?

no i can't i guess. :zipped:
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Serious Debate