The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Are african (descendant) people less intelligent

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Are african (descendant) people less intelligent

Postby the real slim shady » Mar 24th, '13, 23:35

All evolved from Africa anyway so no.

There has been stuff done on this, if i remember right the average IQ in africa was the same as in europe, and supposedly 2 points above the US.

Only real difference was that Asia was supposed to be 5 points ahead on average, i kinda doubt thats true though.
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Mar 25th, '13, 00:31

TRSS: Why would you doubt that? Humans have evolved differently and I have no doubt that it is possible that our brains developed differently. You say that we all evolved in Africa so it's not possible but technically we all evolved from single cell organisms... Are we no smarter than single cell organisms?

Evolution works this way: people with the traits most suited to their environment (aka the "fittest") will pass their genes on. It does NOT mean a species chooses certain traits to adapt. It just sinply means those with traits already suited to the environment have a much higher chance of passing on their genes. Before I go on I want to point out that I am not saying this as fact, it's merely a hypothesis, but perhaps Africans with strength and athleticism and speed were the humans best suited for the African environment and over time more and more muscular man were born and less an less geniuses came about. That would be a logical argument to support the OP.

NextEpisode is addressing only one issue. When we are born we only have so much capacity for learning. It wouldn't surprise me if different races had different average intelligence/capacity for learning. Like dog breeds for example, but not teo that extent.

Also IQ tests really are a bad way of assessing intelligence across different cultures.
Last edited by SliK on Mar 25th, '13, 03:09, edited 3 times in total.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Mar 25th, '13, 01:38

Guns, Germs and Steel puts forth a pretty compelling argument that the reason white Europeans became the most powerful is because they had the most resources.

And not to do with white people being smarter.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Mar 25th, '13, 01:49

Fields such as philosophy and science, which involve only thought, are dominated by Caucasians and Asian people and have been for centuries.

Philosophy in particular is interesting as it directly led to sciences (such as psychology and biology) and ultimately the resources developed nations have today. It all started with philosophy though.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby 12characters » Mar 25th, '13, 02:03

CrashBand wrote:Guns, Germs and Steel puts forth a pretty compelling argument that the reason white Europeans became the most powerful is because they had the most resources.

He basically said it was luck.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Mar 25th, '13, 02:07

12characters wrote:
CrashBand wrote:Guns, Germs and Steel puts forth a pretty compelling argument that the reason white Europeans became the most powerful is because they had the most resources.

If was due to superior intelligence, it'd be luck anyway.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby 12characters » Mar 25th, '13, 02:12

CrashBand wrote:
12characters wrote:

If was due to superior intelligence, it'd be luck anyway.

I was just adding more of what he said; I haven't fully read the thread yet.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Mar 25th, '13, 02:23

12characters wrote:I was just adding more of what he said; I haven't fully read the thread yet.

Yeah I know.

It's not white people's accomplishment that got them in the superior decision - just luck.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Blu » Mar 25th, '13, 02:30

To be completely honest, yes.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Willy » Mar 25th, '13, 02:44

If someone lacks the essentials for survival (food, clothing, water...), then he isn't going to be concerned with his intellectual development. People in Africa are knee-deep in AIDS, child soldiering, an oppressive government, harsh living conditions, etc. They aren't worried about studying for the SAT, attending college, or understanding life's mysteries. They're thinking about food, water, and if they're lucky sex (which will probably result in a death from AIDS).

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Mar 25th, '13, 02:47

Blu wrote:To be completely honest, yes.

:facepalm
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Blu » Mar 25th, '13, 02:54

CrashBand wrote:
Blu wrote:To be completely honest, yes.

:facepalm

You've all answered why they are are less intelligent, what else can I add to the discussion besides my basic opinion?
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby AbramIsaac » Mar 25th, '13, 02:56

Almost no one has said they are less intelligent.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Minimii » Mar 25th, '13, 03:21

Willy wrote:If someone lacks the essentials for survival (food, clothing, water...), then he isn't going to be concerned with his intellectual development. People in Africa are knee-deep in AIDS, child soldiering, an oppressive government, harsh living conditions, etc. They aren't worried about studying for the SAT, attending college, or understanding life's mysteries. They're thinking about food, water, and if they're lucky sex (which will probably result in a death from AIDS).

You really dont have to go that far in the history of Europe to see that the situation there was quite similar as the situation in Africa today. People were dieing like crazy, famine, disease, wars were all there. But what happened then was that the nations developed and get rid of those problems. Considering that sub-saharan Africa has been inhabited for 200 000 years it should be more developed. Yet human were stagnant until (if i remembet correctly) 40 000 years ago when they left Africa and conquered Eurasia and Oceania. That means that during those 40 000 years more happened than during those 160 000 years in Africa.
Environment would be perfectly reasonable explanation if indeed blacks were less intelligent but it still would mean that they are, the reasons are irrelevant.
Cause you'll never take my pride from me
It'll have to be bribed from me"
- marshall "sellout" mathers
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Mar 25th, '13, 03:24

Minimii wrote:
Willy wrote:If someone lacks the essentials for survival (food, clothing, water...), then he isn't going to be concerned with his intellectual development. People in Africa are knee-deep in AIDS, child soldiering, an oppressive government, harsh living conditions, etc. They aren't worried about studying for the SAT, attending college, or understanding life's mysteries. They're thinking about food, water, and if they're lucky sex (which will probably result in a death from AIDS).

You really dont have to go that far in the history of Europe to see that the situation there was quite similar as the situation in Africa today. People were dieing like crazy, famine, disease, wars were all there. But what happened then was that the nations developed and get rid of those problems. Considering that sub-saharan Africa has been inhabited for 200 000 years it should be more developed. Yet human were stagnant until (if i remembet correctly) 40 000 years ago when they left Africa and conquered Eurasia and Oceania. That means that during those 40 000 years more happened than during those 160 000 years in Africa.
Environment would be perfectly reasonable explanation if indeed blacks were less intelligent but it still would mean that they are, the reasons are irrelevant.

Don't use terms like "blacks" if you want to have a serious discussion. This topic is pretty borderline as it has the potential to be completely derailed so just be careful with your word choice. This isn't backstage.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate