The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The milk scam

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: The milk scam

Postby Minimii » Apr 8th, '13, 00:39

SliK wrote:Most humans are actually lactose intolerant. As we grow older the enzyme we use to digest milk decreases in quantity in our body unless we drink dairy regularly from birth.

It has nothing to do with milk consumption whether or not you are able to digest it. Some adults can digest milk because of genetic mutation that occured in northern-europe thousands (or hundreds who knows) years ago.
That's why most blacks and asians are lactose intolerant.

"The 'African-American diet' is more likely to be low in a variety of vitamins and minerals, including calcium. African-Americans consume low amounts of dairy foods and do not meet recommended intakes of a variety of vitamins and minerals, including calcium. Low intake of calcium and other nutrients put African-Americans at an increased risk for chronic diseases. The 2005 Dietary Guidelines recommend consuming three servings of dairy foods per day to ensure adequate calcium intake, among other nutrients, and the National Medical Association has recently published a similar recommendation of three to four servings of dairy per day for the African-American population. Research has shown that lactose maldigesters, including African-American maldigesters, can consume at least one cup (8 oz) of milk without experiencing symptoms, and that tolerance can be improved by consuming the milk with a meal, choosing yogurt or hard cheeses, or using products that aid in the digestion of lactose such as lactase supplements or lactose-reduced milks."

This couldnt get any more propaganda feeling to it.
"oh cmon you can drink one glass of milk. You dont wanna die do you?"
Cause you'll never take my pride from me
It'll have to be bribed from me"
- marshall "sellout" mathers
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby BigBoss » Apr 8th, '13, 01:09

Minimii wrote:
SliK wrote:Most humans are actually lactose intolerant. As we grow older the enzyme we use to digest milk decreases in quantity in our body unless we drink dairy regularly from birth.

It has nothing to do with milk consumption whether or not you are able to digest it. Some adults can digest milk because of genetic mutation that occured in northern-europe thousands (or hundreds who knows) years ago.
That's why most blacks and asians are lactose intolerant.

"The 'African-American diet' is more likely to be low in a variety of vitamins and minerals, including calcium. African-Americans consume low amounts of dairy foods and do not meet recommended intakes of a variety of vitamins and minerals, including calcium. Low intake of calcium and other nutrients put African-Americans at an increased risk for chronic diseases. The 2005 Dietary Guidelines recommend consuming three servings of dairy foods per day to ensure adequate calcium intake, among other nutrients, and the National Medical Association has recently published a similar recommendation of three to four servings of dairy per day for the African-American population. Research has shown that lactose maldigesters, including African-American maldigesters, can consume at least one cup (8 oz) of milk without experiencing symptoms, and that tolerance can be improved by consuming the milk with a meal, choosing yogurt or hard cheeses, or using products that aid in the digestion of lactose such as lactase supplements or lactose-reduced milks."

This couldnt get any more propaganda feeling to it.
"oh cmon you can drink one glass of milk. You dont wanna die do you?"

I'm reading your retarded wall of text while enjoying a nice cold cup of milk, plus soft chewy chocolate chip cookies. Pls kill self OP.
RIP IN PEACE VIGILANCE
BigBoss
Role Model
Role Model

Postby AbramIsaac » Apr 8th, '13, 02:11

Regardless of how stupid some of you may find Minimii, or the way he presents his points, this is an actual debate worth having. There are legitimate arguments to be made, and we need to steer it back to that. If anyone else had posted this (SliK, for example), it would have been taken more seriously.

Bring a little more "srs" into the debate pls. :flower:
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Apr 8th, '13, 05:22

AbramIsaac wrote:Regardless of how stupid some of you may find Minimii, or the way he presents his points, this is an actual debate worth having. There are legitimate arguments to be made, and we need to steer it back to that. If anyone else had posted this (SliK, for example), it would have been taken more seriously.

Bring a little more "srs" into the debate pls. :flower:

People only take threads as seriously as the OP presents them.

And Miniimii yes it does have to do with how we digest lactose (the enzyme I was referring to is called Lactase - why don't you google it?). To suggest it has something to do with a genetic mutation should go without saying. Every living creature exists only due to genetic mutations.

But lactose intolerance is caused by not having enough Lactase. Of course we are meant to be able to process and digest lactose, we are raised on it for the first 12-24 months of our lives.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Alex2012 » Apr 8th, '13, 17:51

I stopped to drink milk because of my kidney stones, never had problem to digest it, but i know a lot of people, family and friends who can't digest it.

some people have those enzymes to digest it and some don't have.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/51216 ... gest-milk/

the 65 % of saturated fats are not great for the health i guess either.

plus humans are mammals and then we are not supposed to be breastfed our whole life, but milk industry is big.
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Minimii » Apr 8th, '13, 20:59

AbramIsaac wrote:If anyone else had posted this (SliK, for example), it would have been taken more seriously.

You cant blame people getting mad for losing arguments :coffee:
SliK wrote:
And Miniimii yes it does have to do with how we digest lactose (the enzyme I was referring to is called Lactase - why don't you google it?). To suggest it has something to do with a genetic mutation should go without saying. Every living creature exists only due to genetic mutations.

But lactose intolerance is caused by not having enough Lactase. Of course we are meant to be able to process and digest lactose, we are raised on it for the first 12-24 months of our lives.

The ability to digest lactose is genetic. I dont know if you can develop lactose intolerance for not drinking milk (i doubt) but it's genetic.

Menzo wrote:Yup yup, air gives us cancer and sex gives you leprosy.

Even if this was mildly true, there are so many dumb conspiracy cunts on the Internet that just debunk the credibility for me.

Even if milk wasnt necassarily harmful, it still isnt nearly as useful as we are being told. We are told that it's a necessity while it is far from it.
I would call it propaganda.
BigBoss wrote: I'm reading your retarded wall of text while enjoying a nice cold cup of milk, plus soft chewy chocolate chip cookies. Pls kill self OP.

You just failed your life, go apologize your mother.
Last edited by Minimii on Apr 8th, '13, 21:03, edited 2 times in total.
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby DƎRDYPK » Apr 8th, '13, 21:00

as long as it's just milk & not chocolate milk it's cool
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby Minimii » Apr 8th, '13, 21:32

bigray wrote:It is common sense... Milk is cheap very cheap to purchase... Do people actually think milk has benefits lol?

Yes they do and germans thought jews are evil in 1940
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Apr 9th, '13, 01:42

Minimii wrote:
SliK wrote:And Miniimii yes it does have to do with how we digest lactose (the enzyme I was referring to is called Lactase - why don't you google it?). To suggest it has something to do with a genetic mutation should go without saying. Every living creature exists only due to genetic mutations.

The ability to digest lactose is genetic. I dont know if you can develop lactose intolerance for not drinking milk (i doubt) but it's genetic.

Stop saying everything is genetic lol, that goes without saying. There is a gene for everything. Environmental factors affect us too.
For example, our genetics govern how much Lactase we produce. Wen we no longer need it (after prolonged periods of low dairy intake) we stop producing it.

You said yourself that African Americans have a low dairy intake and a high lactose intolerance. Do you think that is a coincidence?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Minimii » Apr 9th, '13, 14:13

SliK wrote:Stop saying everything is genetic lol, that goes without saying. There is a gene for everything. Environmental factors affect us too.
For example, our genetics govern how much Lactase we produce. Wen we no longer need it (after prolonged periods of low dairy intake) we stop producing it.

You said yourself that African Americans have a low dairy intake and a high lactose intolerance. Do you think that is a coincidence?

There is also things that arent genetic such as how strong you are, or fat. There are things that are affected by genes AND environment, but lactose intolerance is SOLELY genetic afaik.
And african americans low dairy intake is probably result for being lactose intolerant not vice versa.
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Apr 9th, '13, 14:33

No doubt there is a genetic mutation that stops us from producing Lactase. However, many individuals stop producing it or produce significantly less over the course of their lives and it's not due to a mutation.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Just Silver » Apr 9th, '13, 20:11

Milk isn't really cheap in the US
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Minimii » Apr 9th, '13, 21:56

SliK wrote:No doubt there is a genetic mutation that stops us from producing Lactase. However, many individuals stop producing it or produce significantly less over the course of their lives and it's not due to a mutation.

Humans produce lactase naturally in their infant years so they can diges mother's milk. Mutation that occured in northern europe and has then spread all europe and n-america allows people to digest lactose even as adults ...
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Apr 9th, '13, 23:00

I didn't say we couldn't digest milk..

You're impossible to have a conversation with.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Minimii » Apr 9th, '13, 23:07

Yea i truly dont have a fucking clue what you are trying to say. You dont make any sense, you keep repeating the same thing and i answer it and you just say the same thing again. lol
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate