The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The milk scam

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: The milk scam

Postby Minimii » Apr 9th, '13, 14:13

SliK wrote:Stop saying everything is genetic lol, that goes without saying. There is a gene for everything. Environmental factors affect us too.
For example, our genetics govern how much Lactase we produce. Wen we no longer need it (after prolonged periods of low dairy intake) we stop producing it.

You said yourself that African Americans have a low dairy intake and a high lactose intolerance. Do you think that is a coincidence?

There is also things that arent genetic such as how strong you are, or fat. There are things that are affected by genes AND environment, but lactose intolerance is SOLELY genetic afaik.
And african americans low dairy intake is probably result for being lactose intolerant not vice versa.
Cause you'll never take my pride from me
It'll have to be bribed from me"
- marshall "sellout" mathers
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Apr 9th, '13, 14:33

No doubt there is a genetic mutation that stops us from producing Lactase. However, many individuals stop producing it or produce significantly less over the course of their lives and it's not due to a mutation.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Just Silver » Apr 9th, '13, 20:11

Milk isn't really cheap in the US
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Minimii » Apr 9th, '13, 21:56

SliK wrote:No doubt there is a genetic mutation that stops us from producing Lactase. However, many individuals stop producing it or produce significantly less over the course of their lives and it's not due to a mutation.

Humans produce lactase naturally in their infant years so they can diges mother's milk. Mutation that occured in northern europe and has then spread all europe and n-america allows people to digest lactose even as adults ...
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Apr 9th, '13, 23:00

I didn't say we couldn't digest milk..

You're impossible to have a conversation with.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Minimii » Apr 9th, '13, 23:07

Yea i truly dont have a fucking clue what you are trying to say. You dont make any sense, you keep repeating the same thing and i answer it and you just say the same thing again. lol
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Apr 10th, '13, 00:25

You are saying lactose intolerance is only caused by genetic mutations.

I'm saying a human whose body recognizes a low lactose intake and therefore produces low (or no) amounts of lactase isn't a genetic mutation.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Minimii » Apr 10th, '13, 06:40

ok so you got what i was saying and i got what you was saying so what was the problem?
And that was pretty poinless as it's rather obvious, if you eat lots of sugar your pancreas produces lots of insulin, if you dont eat sugar it doesnt produce insulin. Duh?
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Apr 10th, '13, 07:35

Then why the fuck are you saying lactose intolerance must be a genetic mutation? You've just agreed with me that it doesn't.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Apr 10th, '13, 14:07

I didn't read the whole thread so I hope not to repeat something.

Milk is actually not good acording to many studies. The humans are the only ones who stay drinking milk their whole life. Milk is not particulary digestive by the lactose.

I must say I don't really like milk much, unles it has chocolate or something.

I don't think it should be illegal. :confusion: That's take the things way to far. I think we are being a bit paranoid lately. But I don't consider milk particulary good. We need calcium that's for sure. But there are other ways not only milk , i kinda prefer soy milk.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Just Silver » Apr 10th, '13, 14:10

Make it illegal burn cows
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Minimii » Apr 10th, '13, 19:32

SliK wrote:Then why the fuck are you saying lactose intolerance must be a genetic mutation? You've just agreed with me that it doesn't.

eh???? i said the ability to digest lactase is due to a mutation not lactose intolerance which is the INability to do so.
Guess_Who wrote:
I don't think it should be illegal. :confusion: That's take the things way to far. I think we are being a bit paranoid lately. But I don't consider milk particulary good. We need calcium that's for sure. But there are other ways not only milk , i kinda prefer soy milk.

We need calcium yes, but we get enough of it from our food. We dont need it from any "calcium-sources" such as milk, soy milk or calcium pills.
And probably no one thinks milk should be illegal but milk is sold by false advertisement which is illegal.
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Apr 10th, '13, 22:44

I see. Our ability to digest everything that we can digest is because of genetic mutations. We wouldn't have teeth our mouths or stomachs if not for genetic mutations. Life wouldn't exist on this planet without the occurrence of genetic mutations.

So you're saying it's caused by a genetic mutation (technically true) but what is your point? African's don't have the ability to digest milk because they don't have this mutation?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Minimii » Apr 11th, '13, 07:11

Exactly. Those who are not related to those northern-european people who originally got this mutation cant digest lactase, eg. africans and asians.
Naturally we can't digest it, those who can are deviant.
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Apr 11th, '13, 09:48

So you're suggesting the entire African and Asian population lacked this genetic mutation and all the European and American nations had it? It seems peculiar that evolution favored the bad characteristic. After all, we evolved to produce milk for our young, you would assume we'd have to be able to digest it.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate