The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Is racism natural in modern society?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Is racism natural in modern society?

Postby SajN » Apr 23rd, '13, 17:40

It used to be normal in Western society not long ago, and it was normal for a looooooooooooong time.

I wouldn't marry my own cousin. You know I am Pakistani. My family has a Mulsim belief. I don't. Look at me, I am not killed. Neither are they gonna force me to marry anyone. I am free to choose myself. My little brother is gay, and he is still alive.

I don't support the things you mentionened, I agree that it sucks, but there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many who live by the rules and don't cause a mess. Do you know about them? No. Why? Because they are not interesting for the media. They don't cause debates or headlines. That's why it ALWAYS seems like everyone (man) from Middle East is a dominating male who beats his wife, beats his kids and want the Western society to explode, or go around and marry 9 year olds. That is SO rare, yet the media makes you (you in general) believe that most people are like this in those countries.

I've been to "the other world" plenty times, I have many relatives there, and I see plenty of normal girls who are outside alone shopping, drinking (coffee), or are in amusement parks. No one cares. It's just in certain areas things are bad.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like those parts of the culture, I fight against it. I've fought with my parents over that and I've debated it with other people. My point is... there is SOOO much more than those things. Most if it doesn't even happen in most educated families.

The places with bad education, and where the extremists has taken over, THOSE places has these things going on (the things you mentioned in your other post).

And I know what you are talking about when you said that thing about the Syrians. We have the same problem here in Norway with some stupid families beating up their daughters and forcing them to marry a certain guy, and other problems. But again, they are soooooo few in comparison to other families from the same countries/places. One thing is right, though, those acts needs to be fought against.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby EminemBase » Apr 23rd, '13, 17:59

SajN wrote:It used to be normal in Western society not long ago, and it was normal for a looooooooooooong time.

I wouldn't marry my own cousin. You know I am Pakistani. My family has a Mulsim belief. I don't. Look at me, I am not killed. Neither are they gonna force me to marry anyone. I am free to choose myself. My little brother is gay, and he is still alive.

I don't support the things you mentionened, I agree that it sucks, but there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many who live by the rules and don't cause a mess. Do you know about them? No. Why? Because they are not interesting for the media. They don't cause debates or headlines. That's why it ALWAYS seems like everyone (man) from Middle East is a dominating male who beats his wife, beats his kids and want the Western society to explode, or go around and marry 9 year olds. That is SO rare, yet the media makes you (you in general) believe that most people are like this in those countries.

I've been to "the other world" plenty times, I have many relatives there, and I see plenty of normal girls who are outside alone shopping, drinking (coffee), or are in amusement parks. No one cares. It's just in certain areas things are bad.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like those parts of the culture, I fight against it. I've fought with my parents over that and I've debated it with other people. My point is... there is SOOO much more than those things. Most if it doesn't even happen in most educated families.

The places with bad education, and where the extremists has taken over, THOSE places has these things going on (the things you mentioned in your other post).

And I know what you are talking about when you said that thing about the Syrians. We have the same problem here in Norway with some stupid families beating up their daughters and forcing them to marry a certain guy, and other problems. But again, they are soooooo few in comparison to other families from the same countries/places. One thing is right, though, those acts needs to be fought against.

Well, my girlfriend is half arab, and her family is muslim / originally from Lebanon... and I can tell you first hand - they forced her to marry someone, and make her life hell and continuously question her and are obsessed with what the women do and who they see... but that's not a race thing, that's a religious thing. As usual, religion divides and obstructs, with its bizarre mythology and nonsense.

Also, you're a guy - her family doesn't give her brothers much shit either and they see white girls and non-muslim girls, and her father married an Italian woman!

But that's because Islam is written by men, for men, and the men who follow it in that way, are hypocrites. All the pressure is towards the woman, they make exceptions for themselves.

And Islam is pretty hilarious when you view it as 'written by men', as it becomes to crystal clear, it's almost like reading a giant claus written by one 10 year old to another about who should have the most sweets and why... you can remove the context and thoughts and place it in that kind of frame and it's basically "I get infinite sweets, because I'm me... and, you get none, forever..."
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby EminemBase » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:03

bigray wrote:Nah EmBase it is nothing to do with Religion why some choose to marry cousins...it has to do with some villages we come from where there are no other families around so they really have no choice and feel comfortable with who they already know.

Ill tell you something In Canada and USA when it comes to Arabs it is completely different.

Nah I'm not on about marrying cousins man.

I was referring to SajN mentioning Islam and certain ideologies of forced marriage etc.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby SajN » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:09

No, it's not about the religion, because according to religion the woman is not supposed to get forced to marry. She can marry anyone. The religion tells the Muslims to not kill (innocent people), beause if you kill a person, it's like killing the whole mankind.

But of course, you won't see that because you already think this and that just like other people. It doesn't matter what muslims or ex-muslims (me) say as long as it doesn't fit your guys' prejudices.

Anyway, this isn't the topic. Feel free to respond with your usual stuff about religion that I've read thousand times before, but this isn't the thread for it. I will not respond.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby cheeseburger » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:13

Im not judging all over some people. I feel you both and know where youre coming from.
But if I want to make a point I have to "go over the edge". Listem, I dont look defferent on someone based on what they look like or come from. Its how they act and how their views are. And most times, the place where you live reflect that.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:16

cheeseburger wrote:Im not judging all over some people. I feel you both and know where youre coming from.
But if I want to make a point I have to "go over the edge". Listem, I dont look defferent on someone based on what they look like or come from. Its how they act and how their views are. And most times, the place where you live reflect that.

Don't worry. I also see where you're coming from. As I said, I've fought against these kinda things for years now. I live in Norway, and we see the same things as you do. I know you're not racist, if you were, you wouldn't have added me on Facebook, I think, lol.

I have been judged so many times before by guys with prejudices, that's why I had to write all the stuff I wrote in this thread.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby EminemBase » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:17

SajN wrote:No, it's not about the religion, because according to religion the woman is not supposed to get forced to marry. She can marry anyone. The religion tells the Muslims to not kill (innocent people), beause if you kill a person, it's like killing the whole mankind.

But of course, you won't see that because you already think this and that just like other people. It doesn't matter what muslims or ex-muslims (me) say as long as it doesn't fit your guys' prejudices.

Anyway, this isn't the topic. Feel free to respond with your usual stuff about religion that I've read thousand times before, but this isn't the thread for it. I will not respond.

When did I say anything about killing anyone?

It may not directly say in Islam that forced marriages are okay, but it's religion which inspired the closed-mindset... her father is of the opinion that the man must be muslim, or nothing.

Without religion, he wouldn't be able to create the definition... circular belief systems inspire prejudice by repeated implication that he who believes in this system is superior and those outside of it are not. This is a direct component in inspiring prejudice, and divide.

PS. Does the Qur'an not say to 'kill the infidels'?

There may be apposing verses or verses of peace... but that's the problem, with all religious texts. If you read enough, you can find justification for just about anything, endless contradictions. Because they're muddled together and inputted from multiple sources.

So personality types adopt the texts in their own way; the problem is people, not religion. But it's religion in the wrong hands which is the true drain on humanity.
Last edited by EminemBase on Apr 23rd, '13, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby cheeseburger » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:27

Good to know SajN :y:

Im not schooled enough to open my mouth about these things I think.
Hope im not coming of as too judging :wave:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:35

SajN wrote:
cheeseburger wrote:Im not judging all over some people. I feel you both and know where youre coming from.

Don't worry. I also see where you're coming from. As I said, I've fought against these kinda things for years now. I live in Norway, and we see the same things as you do. I know you're not racist, if you were, you wouldn't have added me on Facebook, I think, lol.

I have been judged so many times before by guys with prejudices, that's why I had to write all the stuff I wrote in this thread.

I didn't know the Qu'ran said arranged marriages are not okay without consent though... that's just the biggest hypocritical and conflicting act ever by her father then, considering he's always yammering on about living his life by it and not going against its teachings... and how much he lets it influence his opinion of who she dates or whatever, and yet what he did is in direct conflict of his holy book.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby EminemBase » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:41

^ Religious people are allowed to leave work to pray?

That's fucking ridiculous. And annoying.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby SajN » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:43

EminemBase wrote:
SajN wrote:

I didn't know the Qu'ran said arranged marriages are not okay without consent though... that's just the biggest hypocritical and conflicting act ever by her father then, considering he's always yammering on about living his life by it and not going against its teachings... and how much he lets it influence his opinion of who she dates or whatever, and yet what he did is in direct conflict of his holy book.

That's the problem with many people. Many people think they are following the book, but actually they are just following their parents (who followed their parents, etc).

My dad had to marry my mom, he couldn't say no to his parents. Same with my mom. Luckily my dad isn't pushing that on me, because he says that's not what his religion (Islam) says.

I know some Pakistani girls, luckily they are not being forced either because of the same reason.

It's just unfortunately like this... so many who share the same religion/fate, but yet so many different views/beliefs and approach to them. And all think they are right.

Anyway, I am out. I've gotten tired of religion debates (not because of this forum, I've just generally done it too much).

EDIT: bigray, that is not the Muslim's problems. Why point a finger at them? It's the goverment who must put down the foot and say "No". If you could get it your way all the time, would you mind getting it? No. If you kept asking and they said no, you would stop. So will they. The governments are pussies.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby SajN » Apr 23rd, '13, 18:53

bigray wrote:Agreed it is the Governments problem they need to put there foot down like Australia did and say accept this culture our get the fuck out.

Majority of everything here is catered to the Islam Religion cuz they make everything a big fucking deal...I cant even give out a Xmas card to someone at work cuz Muslims will get offended...I am being nice and ur getting offended WTF? not you SajN obviously.

That's my point. If the government weren't such ass lickers, those Muslims would get off their high horse and stop making a big deal after a while.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Previous

Return to Serious Debate