The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Is racism natural in modern society?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Is racism natural in modern society?

Postby viJilance » Apr 22nd, '13, 22:36

I only got into Eminem during the Relapse era, before that, I hated hip hop, black people, rap, and all that crap for a good few years. I always made fun of rappers and people who liked rap.I would say all you like is cars, money and saying "Uh, yeah, word up" a lot.

Honestly, growing up with all the 1990's cartoons, media, news, (in canada), videogames, there weren't really any rap music videos, or black culture at all. And about the only good black show was Fresh Prince of bel-air, which was conveniently timed to coincide with reruns of the simpsons. And if there ever was rarely a black person on tv, I was already too programmed to lose interest and switch the channel subconsciously.

What changed my perception was Lsd.

I realized how fucked up and twisted I viewed my fellow humans as, I never realized it until that day, but we really are all the same. I guess I assumed I was better, because I was white, (never really realized), I would belittle my fellow brown, black or asian friends because i had the confidence i was better than them (somehow)

Eventually I could see our body movements were the same, our facial expressions, we all had eyes, teeth, hair......and i just stopped hating. I realized how blinded i was, all thanks to how docile and comfortable I became around white people.

tl;dr- Acid cured my racism, i know it sounds fucked but its the truth!

Anybody have similar experiences?
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Is racism natural in modern society?

Postby viJilance » Apr 22nd, '13, 22:45

Hage wrote:racism against a certain group is just a phase imo... i used to fucking hate the shit outta asian and look at me now lol

I'm certain if I had a better upbringing it wouldn't have ever been like that. I know our experiences can make us prejudice, and even to this day I feel uncomfortable in China town (because everybody keeps an eye on you for shop-lifting) and some people don't even grow out of the phase. But to judge a person by their skin colour seems so ridiculous, yet ingrained in our culture (in my opinion at least)

Also you have an asian fetish or something? lol

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Just Silver » Apr 22nd, '13, 23:01

Please have lsd stories in the afterparty i love those type of stories
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby viJilance » Apr 22nd, '13, 23:15

Hage wrote:Asian girls are the most beautiful girls of the world tbh

I like Viet and Filipino for the most part, Chinese are hit or miss for me, and Korean and Japenese are usually a no for me, but whatever floats your goat!

Just Silver wrote:Please have lsd stories in the afterparty i love those type of stories

Oh boy I'll give you a good one soon enough my friend lol

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Just Silver » Apr 23rd, '13, 00:37

Hell ya guy your already a great member lol
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Spyder » Apr 23rd, '13, 01:46

your automatically bound to feel weird around "different" people if your not integrated with them.

studies have shown that kids did not react well to pictures shown to them of people of different races.

so in other words, it seems we learn to not be racist, rather than vice versa
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby cheeseburger » Apr 23rd, '13, 05:51

Im not a racist, I just hate some cultures that some "races" have. The middle-eastern culture is high up on my list with its women hate, cutting of skin on both boys and girls at young age, their unwill to adapt, their fucked up way of living with an eye for an eye etc.
And yes I know everyone is not the same. I know loads of people from the middle-eastern who are quite nice, but when they get together its like theyre still in their home country and act like idiots.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby tadpole25 » Apr 23rd, '13, 06:48

Solidarity is natural. Virtually everyone has some preference toward their own race or ethnicity, whether they believe it or not. Where solidarity turns into racism (believing other races to be inferior), the line is hazy.
"I take yall diss as endearment - I love it when I hear it
Maybe words offensive - free speech I don't fear it
Maybe music can take us to a place so atmospheric
Beyond our greatest imagination, illuminatin' experience
If we open our ears and close our inhibitions, it's clear"
- Tadpole
tadpole25
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Apr 23rd, '13, 13:14

Well I can believe LSD cured your racism, because LSD has that potential; it's like it lifts blinders off, I think it stimulates all senses and lowers impulsive thought and just kind of, I'm not sure exactly but some have speculated it unlocks more of the subconscious...

LSD definitely feels like 'the truth' drug though, it feels like you see everything clearer; even though many drugs give you that illusion, there's some substance to that with LSD.

Also, I think racism is an irrational tendency... I'd find it literally impossible to be racist, because I'd have to truly believe those thoughts were reality; and just like with religion... that can't be for me. I'm too logical, and I think any truly logical brain would struggle to be racist... they'd have to brainwashed into it from childhood perhaps. But even as a child my brain rejected attempts of that with religion.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby EminemBase » Apr 23rd, '13, 13:18

viJilance wrote:
Hage wrote:Asian girls are the most beautiful girls of the world tbh

I like Viet and Filipino for the most part, Chinese are hit or miss for me, and Korean and Japenese are usually a no for me, but whatever floats your goat!

I don't understand this at all... my girlfriend said that to me the other day - that a lot of guys find Asian women the most beautiful, I'm like :/ wtf.

To me they're the most ugly.

There's basically no other race of women that I'd visually discount or whitewash as unattractive, but Chinese and Japenese? Yuck, just the natural features of those races on women... they're like, flat and just, very unattractive. And often very thin and flat figures like pencils.

Hot to me is curvy, strong eyes, shapely lips.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby SajN » Apr 23rd, '13, 13:22

cheeseburger wrote: I know loads of people from the middle-eastern who are quite nice, but when they get together its like theyre still in their home country and act like idiots.

Then you obviously don't know many. Most of them are not what you just described.

Oh, and those who start their sentences with "I'm not racist, but.......", they usually are. Not claiming you are, but just saying...
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby EminemBase » Apr 23rd, '13, 13:25

SajN wrote:
cheeseburger wrote: I know loads of people from the middle-eastern who are quite nice, but when they get together its like theyre still in their home country and act like idiots.

Then you obviously don't know many. Most of them are not what you just described.

Oh, and those who start their sentences with "I'm not racist, but.......", they usually are.

:laughing:
Last edited by EminemBase on Apr 23rd, '13, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby SajN » Apr 23rd, '13, 13:26

What?
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby EminemBase » Apr 23rd, '13, 13:27

Lol @ that opening phrase "I'm not racist, but..."

It's just funny because a lot of casually racist people do say that a lot.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby cheeseburger » Apr 23rd, '13, 17:25

But its not that black and white (lol), its about cultures and ways of living. If you dont believe people in one part of the world lives their lives in another way than people in another part does, then youre in denial.
Thats not racism, its fact.
Like I said, I know some syrians. And theyre raised here in proper swedish culture, but still they have to marry their cousins and do all of these "middle eastern" type of things. Yet they are christians.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Serious Debate