The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Voluntary Euthanasia.

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Voluntary Euthanasia.

Postby CrashBand » May 12th, '13, 09:16

What are peoples views?

Lots of people argue either way.

I think it rests heavily on how you justify grounds for state coercion.

Discuss...
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Voluntary Euthanasia.

Postby infinite2hts » May 12th, '13, 10:12

death is a private matter, the state should not interfere. there's not only the suffering of patient involved but the grief of his/her loved ones. what is wrong in letting the person die with dignity?
infinite2hts
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby the real slim shady » May 12th, '13, 13:46

Either allow it or have people commit suicide in front of trains or off of buildings.

If someone wants to die, i dont see why you wouldnt let them, if their life gets to the point where they are waiting to die from a disease or something like that, why prolong their suffering?

I dont think just anyone should be allowed it, if someone is depressed and wants to die thats not the same as being stuck with a disease that is paralysing you or something like that, try with therapy or something first. If there really is nothing that can be done for someone though..
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Table » May 13th, '13, 06:44

bigray wrote:If you're perfectly sane and you wanna kill yourself...go for it.

That's essentially the issue, really. How do you measure sanity? After what extent and how do you deem someone capable of choosing to end his/her own life?
Table
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » May 13th, '13, 08:33

Hell I'd support involuntary euthanasia.

If like to read Rev's take on this.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » May 13th, '13, 11:56

Revolutionary wrote:
SliK wrote:If like to read Rev's take on this.

I can argue it without bringing any religion talk into it. I just don't feel like it, I have finals in 2 weeks and I haven't started preparing yet.

I didn't consider your religious views but admittedly now that you mention it that would be interesting too. I just meant because you are intelligent and you're actually studying medicine.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Sam. » May 13th, '13, 12:04

If you're suffering and death is the only choice, then wait for it to come naturally. This depends on the level and time constituting the suffering. If it's not that painful for everyone involved, then in such cases natural death should be given 1st preference. The thing is, it weighs heavy on the family and person involved. It's more of an emotional decision at the end.

My main emphasis is on natural death.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby SliK » May 13th, '13, 12:08

Sam. wrote:If you're suffering and death is the only choice, then wait for it to come naturally

That makes no fucking sense to me lol

None at all.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Sam. » May 13th, '13, 12:23

*Sigh*

I meant, if the disease/condition is ultimately leading towards death, then instead of ending it so quickly, die naturally. I know, both are leading to the same destination, but there's always a proper way of anything, even dying
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby SliK » May 13th, '13, 12:38

How is losing all your dignity and suffering unexplainable agony the proper way?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Sam. » May 13th, '13, 12:45

No, it's not. People...now-a-days apply for Euthanasia for every small conditions even though there's a limit to which they can handle it. I'm not speaking with any record to back what I just said. I know where you're getting at, that why I said it depends on the time span that condition is going to let that person live. If it's short, then you can wait. It's good(at times) to go down fighting, then just to give up easily.
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Table » May 13th, '13, 17:25

bigray wrote:
Table wrote:
bigray wrote:If you're perfectly sane and you wanna kill yourself...go for it.

That's essentially the issue, really. How do you measure sanity? After what extent and how do you deem someone capable of choosing to end his/her own life?

you brought up good points but your getting to technical, if someone wants to really kill themselves do it as long as you don't kill others while doing it.

Isn't that basically a huge nod to suicides?
Table
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Table » May 13th, '13, 18:08

bigray wrote:Why live if you don't wanna live?

Because what you want is not always the right/rational thing? Human beings are prone to making callow judgements. Strictly talking in the context of suicides here.
Table
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AbramIsaac » May 13th, '13, 18:12

Table wrote:
bigray wrote:Why live if you don't wanna live?

Because what you want is not always the right/rational thing? Human beings are prone to making callow judgements. Strictly talking in the context of suicides here.
Sometimes allowing someone to end their life would be the humane thing to do. That's why institutionalized voluntary euthanasia seems like a reasonable thing to have. As far as everyone being able to just go to a suicide booth when they're feeling bad about the lack of Eminem news, I'm thinking there needs to be a process to avoid things like that.

Suicide will always happen. When it comes to people simply ending their suffering, it seems like the compassionate thing to do is make it as painless as possible.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » May 13th, '13, 18:20

Really, if you want to kill yourself cleanly and painlessly, it's easily done with readily available materials.

It's as simple as a tank of an inert gas and a mask or plastic bag. Just slip into a sleep you don't wake up from, and there's no crazy mess left over from blowing your brains out of your skull. Still, in a terminal illness situation, it would be better if this type of thing could be done by a doctor to minimize complications.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Next

Return to Serious Debate