The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Helping the handicapped

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Helping the handicapped

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 05:53

Some of you may call me ignorant for saying this, or outright hateful.. but I believe if you can't function in the animal kingdom, you have no place in modern day society.

Think about it, there were no wheelchairs way back in the day, the people that couldn't walk, or were obviously deformed were thrown off friggin mountains! (Ancient Greece) And to a certain extent that's how I believe humanity should function, if we keep allowing the imperfect to multiply, humanity will never achieve the next step in evolution.

If somebody with down's syndrome can just comprehend what life would be like without that extra chromosome, they wouldn't think twice about suicide.

Of course everybody has the right to live, but shouldn't they just be thrown out there to fend for themselves? I mean why do we have to use our tax money to support things that contribute nothing to society?

What about old people? Sure they have worked hard To pave the way for comfortable retirement... But for what reason? To live an old meaningless existence? To suck up resources that our earth is desperately low on?

Personally I think the world's problems are too focused on the unable, when we really should be focusing on the unfortunate, the ones who live in poverty, but could be very bright, hardworking, and outstanding citizens.

The system is too assedbackwards, in my humble opinion. But whatever, I'm just some guy on a message board, it's not like anybody's gonna make the difference, including me.
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Helping the handicapped

Postby CrashBand » May 16th, '13, 06:05

Lol @ you committing the naturalistic fallacy.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 06:13

Menzo wrote:You're an idiot.

Maybe the population would be smaller and the stress of family members would lighten but c'mon. What if your kid has downs syndrome?

You talk about the animal kingdom, but we're above that. Yes, let us use logic that ancient Greeks used. Let's wrestle naked too.

If my own kin had down's syndrome, I would in all honesty believe it is not mine, because it has a different genetic makeup than I do, I do not have an extra chromosome, therefore, it is not my offspring.

Take a look at any animal, they don't give a fuck Abercrombie and fitch, they just want to fuck, eat sleep, breed, survive.

Are we really above that? We strive to achieve the next shiny itoy through backbreaking labor, we dedicate our existence to a 9-5 to be in constant debt, to pay our house off, on land that we're being taxed on to live. What's the point? Is society really the shit? Or have we all been blinded as to where we truly came from and what we are truly meant to become?

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » May 16th, '13, 06:19

You typing in bold, along with your heretical, yet stupid opinions, lends me to think you are a troll.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » May 16th, '13, 06:36

Agreed. The Australian government's recent budget offered something like $14B to the handicapped (as well as institutions that home them). It's fucking stupid. They cut $2.3B from universities though.

So, help the handicapped, hinder our nation's future?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 06:37

CrashBand wrote:You typing in bold, along with your heretical, yet stupid opinions, lends me to think you are a troll.

I always type in bold so it's easier for me to read.

This is what I truly believe, I've approached tard wranglers face to face, and ask them why they allow "that blubbering filth" to live. Now I know it's a harsh choice of words, and they do always give me looks of disgust, but regardless of how I choose my words- they will always be offended that I am asking them why the mentally handicapped, or even physically handicapped should be allowed to live. So no matter what way I say it, at least I leave an impact on them, even if it is negative, it will make them question something in some way. Whether it be if they're right or if I am actually wrong.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 06:42

Menzo wrote:Bad news for you buddy, judging by you, your kid's gonna be missin' something.

Sure, look at pets or trained zoo animals. They'll perform for a treat - it's no Abercrombie & Fitch but it's something they do it for a reward.

I don't know why you're going off about society, this topic is about you.

I love how you can completely judge somebody by the words they type on the Internet. You must be born in the 1990's or something...I'm sure I could compel you face to face with actual human interaction.

Pets and train zoo animals are inherently unhappy, their natural instincts are to hunt, scavenge, feed, whenever it may be, it's not the life they want and you cannot deny that. The second they can escape they will roam free.

Are you taking a stab me? Are you really attempting to call me handicapped? When I'm clearly defending my points with clarity and good reasoning.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » May 16th, '13, 06:44

I agree that thoroughly questioning your beliefs, to find the truth, is inherently a good thing.

I'm just worried you aren't living by your own rules. You're committing the naturalistic fallacy.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 06:46

SliK wrote:Agreed. The Australian government's recent budget offered something like $14B to the handicapped (as well as institutions that home them). It's fucking stupid. They cut $2.3B from universities though.

My 'friend' that I've known since 1997 is getting disability benefits from the governments for depression and anxiety, he claims he can't hold a job. Which is actually a bit of inspiration as to why I'm so indignant about this topic, because I've known him for so long and he's just abusing the system.

I guess the Australian government and Canadian gov't have something in common: their priorities are mixed up.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 06:48

CrashBand wrote:I agree that thoroughly questioning your beliefs, to find the truth, is inherently a good thing.

I'm just worried you aren't living by your own rules. You're committing the naturalistic fallacy.

Probably not... I'm unfamiliar with this definition, can you expand or should I wiki?

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » May 16th, '13, 06:53

viJilance wrote:
SliK wrote:Agreed. The Australian government's recent budget offered something like $14B to the handicapped (as well as institutions that home them). It's fucking stupid. They cut $2.3B from universities though.

My 'friend' that I've known since 1997 is getting disability benefits from the governments for depression and anxiety, he claims he can't hold a job. Which is actually a bit of inspiration as to why I'm so indignant about this topic, because I've known him for so long and he's just abusing the system.

I guess the Australian government and Canadian gov't have something in common: their priorities are mixed up.

The Australian government is a real mess at the moment. The only two options are terrible. The current lot in power (labor) can't make a budget to save their life (though neither can the other lot), while the Liberals are a bunch of liars stuck in the stone age. No marriage equality, no national broadband network, just shit.

The whole world has their priorities mixed up.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 07:04

SliK wrote:The Australian government is a real mess at the moment. The only two options are terrible. The current lot in power (labor) can't make a budget to save their life (though neither can the other lot), while the Liberals are a bunch of liars stuck in the stone age. No marriage equality, no national broadband network, just shit.

The whole world has their priorities mixed up.

I really try hard to stay out of politics, I'd dip my hand in it every now and then, but once I heard we were taking oil from Alberta, shipping it into the U.S. to be refined, and then buying it back at an insane rate, I lost my tits.

Menzo wrote:Stop double posting.

Great rebuttal 10/10 would read again.

I'm not double posting, I'm replying individually. Sorry if that's a problem.

Technically, could I not tell you to stop spamming instead of PMing me about the double post issue? Is it really that much of the problem considering they're minutes apart, contain different words and just happen to be next to each other? It is 2am here...

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 08:57

Menzo wrote:The words you type on the Internet are probably more succinct and more thoroughly thought out given the fact that you have the luxury of time and editing, as opposed to speaking face to face where you may react irrationally and say something incorrect.

Yes but I cannot convey tone, and we can also not discuss this at a faster pace and get more accomplished, right now we're doing is picking each other's individual arguments apart, so this is gonna be all over the place.

Menzo wrote:My era of birth has nothing to do with anything, don't bring that up.

Lel

Menzo wrote:I wouldn't say pets are miserable, well, cats definitely enjoy their lives if treated properly. Yes, trained zoo animals are definitely miserable and given the chance to be free, they would seize the moment...I guess they are a lot like us.

We're actually a lot like them, because I believe the animals came before the humans.

Menzo wrote:But you're suggesting we revert back to the rules of nature? It's not comparable, we're above that. It's true, the vast majority of us would probably be dead if we were still like animals or some ancient humans, but we're not. We have blessing and curse that is our conscience and internally innate sense of morality and ethics.

Not all of us do, do you honestly think I can truly believe these malicious things I say about people that I consider to be subhuman, and still have moral backbone? No I'm a different breed, a sociopath if you will. Not the definition down to a T, but more or less the same.
I don't believe in ethics, I believe in a natural balance of things. Humans have been given the ability to define right and wrong, and look how fucked the world has become. I believe we're a cancer to the planet, we truly should be eliminated for the benefit of something more deserving.

Menzo wrote: Let's talk about physically handicapped people though. People in wheelchairs, like you mentioned, may actually provide a lot despite the lack of mobility. Look at Stephen Hawking - in a wheelchair, can't even speak, but is an important figure in modern science. There is a radiologist here that only has one arm but he's still useful and highly respectable. So just assuming a physical handicap is enough to just let die is stupid...mental is different, but as my previous points about morality and blah blah, it's completely unethical to just disregard and let wither away. Besides, I think we will eventually minimize the amount of those accounts.

I guess there is a difference between mental and physical handicaps, but I don't think they deserve the same opportunity's that we have, or the opportunity's that people in poverty are lacking.

Menzo wrote:Old people? I think they've earned their right to live the rest of their days how they want...assuming they actually worked to get to where they're at.

Meh, who wants to be old anyways? They're just pretty much cowards in my opinion. Make way for the new breed, you know what happens with vintage technology? It becomes outdated and useless, if that's what we are inevitably evolving into then why not take that same principle and apply it to real life?

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 19:31

bigray wrote:I have no issue with my tax money going to help anyone sick, ill or any medical condition...The place I hate where my money goes is to new immigrants in Canada who are lazy ass mother fuckers and have a million kids and don't work as well as welfare people who function properly but spend all my tax money on crack and alcohol etc

What province do you live in? Because of the lenient laws in on Ontario immigration is starting to become a problem. But when I went Alberta, I saw a large number of homeless natives, begging for change, wasting their money on liquor, scrounging through Dumpsters, washing their faces in puddles, etc. It was pretty fucking disgusting. I know there's a massive drug problem amongst our native population, with oxycontin. The problem just keep piling up for them.

bigray wrote:Old people, we will all get old leave them alone...they have worked hard enough in there lives, for what reason? so they can relax what do you think lol What kind of resources you talkin about?

Any and all resources- Food, Petroleum, precious metals, anything that can be depleted.

bigray wrote:Why take my tax money and go spend it else where in another Country?

I don't necessarily mean helping poor kids in Africa, the just a general population of poor people. I walk the streets of Toronto and see perfectly healthy homeless people, who are quite able to get jobs and function in society, for whatever reason they should either be helped, and if they refuse to cooperate, kill them like we should kill the old useless people lol.

bigray wrote:Your thread comes off as very ignorant, I know you didn't mean it like that but come on are you not human, you seem really angry at the World for some reason...This thread coming from a Canadian really shocks me.

I have many reasons to be angry, of course this would be another discussion altogether. Perhaps another time.

Menzo wrote:Lol...isn't that kind of an abnormal statement? It's like it was like (i) microbial organisms (ii) insects (iii) animals (iv) humans (v) the end...I don't think that's what you meant but it really looks like it. I don't think it's correct to say humans came AFTER "animals" when it's a continuously evolving world...I'm sure there are plenty of animals that came after us.

I'm just being nit-picky though.

Well I assume before we were 'humans' we were just like the animals, surviving off basic instincts. Now that we've 'evolved'are we really all that better? Look a what we're doing to the earth. Practically giving it cancer.

Menzo wrote:Alright well, have you been sick before? Or had an injury? If you have then why haven't you stuck to your philosophy and let yourself die? You can be a sociopath all you want, doesn't mean everyone else agrees.

Your views aren't crude or malicious either, I've thought and said the same things many times - even admitting that I'd probably be dead if we stuck by the laws of naturalistic upbringing. But like I've said, we've developed morals and ethics that in turn render that lifestyle impossible.

Well it's in my human instinct to survive by any means necessary. Survival of the fitness you know? We're at a crucial point in humanity, I feel that our views should begin changing for the benefit of progression. We're never gonna get anywhere if we leave no man behind, so to speak.

Just because you come down with the pneumonia or a broken finger, doesn't mean you're useless creature... But it does mean that you have a weak immune system, or a self destructive stupidity, or an unnatural feeling to get yourself in danger. That type of genetic makeup or mentality should be killed off, for the better step of humanity.

Menzo wrote:I understand. To be honest, the last generation of old people are weak and cowardly. But the world is becoming a more health conscious place and as generations continue to emerge, being older won't be as big of a deal. The shift is already occurring where a lot of 50 year old people look, feel and behave younger. Imagine 50 years from now?

That's true. I wouldn't be surprised if some of us live to be 200, or we find the equation for immortality. Whether it be through chemical or some giant brain computer... Who knows? We gonna wait and see.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby viJilance » May 16th, '13, 19:59

bigray wrote:Same as you Ontario, we let in WAY too many Somalians here man.

Well if they are quite able to get jobs and function in society, why cant they do it themselves? Like they are not handicap or anything right.

If you have your own reasons that's fine and I respect that and you dont have to share them.

Toronto? There's a lot of every one here. I do notice a lot of black people around the areas like Eglin and keele

Vaughn, and Richmond Hill are full of Asians.

Brampton, and sadly my favorite city in the world, my pride and joy, my baby, the love of my life, my hometown- Mississauga, is becoming full of brown people.

Areas like Guelph and Orangville are full of rich old white people, mostly middle class.

St catherine's and Hamilton, are pretty much all trailer trash.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Serious Debate