The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What are your opinions on Edward Snowden?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: What are your opinions on Edward Snowden?

Postby SoldierShady » Jun 24th, '13, 23:46

He's a bawse. He did what he had to do. I love how America is threatening all these countries with "consequences" if they supposedly....."aid" this guy by giving him asylum. It's not about interests, it's about principles. Such bullies Americans are.
"So one last time, I'm back, 'fore it fades into black and it's all over, behold the final chapter in the saga, trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle twice, the magic that started it all...tragic portrait of an artist tortured....trapped in his own drawings..." - Bruce.

SoldierShady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Jun 25th, '13, 00:15

he a G
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jun 25th, '13, 00:19

He's a hero to me as long as he doesn't kill innocent people. He's a real G. Salute to him leaking all that vital intel, a true act of heroism right there folks.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby SajN » Jun 25th, '13, 00:24

Devil'sAdvocate wrote:he a G

If you can't post anything better than that in this section, then don't post.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Jun 25th, '13, 00:29

I actually thought this was backstage,i use 'view new posts' i didn't notice

here's more thoughts:

It's not like Americans didn't know they were being spied on, it's not like his discovery is new, but he gave proof and went on record being a guy who used to do all that that decided to went rogue, it takes balls and a whole lot of bravery to go against an entire system, he still a G tho
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby AbramIsaac » Jun 25th, '13, 00:32

Hage wrote:Mainly a question for the American brothers but I'm interested in everyone's opinion :flower:

He's a hero in my opinion and I hope he continues with what he has done so far, I hope he doesn't get killed though :\

I'm not sure there's anything for him to continue. He leaked what he had as a part of his job, but that's done now. He did what he could, and now he just has to hope that he doesn't get killed or locked up forever.
PAINKILLƎR wrote:He's a hero to me as long as he doesn't kill innocent people. He's a real G. Salute to him leaking all that vital intel, a true act of heroism right there folks.

How/why would he be killing innocent people? And the things he leaked weren't really "vital intel", they were PowerPoint presentations that were distributed to government contractors. The only reason it was kept so tightly under wraps is because of how the public would (rightfully) react to being spied upon. Of course, we may be in agreement here, and I'm just misinterpreting what you wrote as sarcasm.

Unless Snowden makes it to Iceland or somewhere like that, he'll likely be caught, and thrown in prison.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Jun 25th, '13, 00:48

AbramIsaac wrote:How/why would he be killing innocent people?

This was just for Hage, he views some people like Christopher Doner a Hero. I've read and seen people call him a traitor and terrorist. I know he doesn't kill people, I was just attempting to show Hage that I accept and agree the "hero" claim he has bestowed upon Snowden

AbramIsaac wrote:And the things he leaked weren't really "vital intel", they were PowerPoint presentations that were distributed to government contractors. The only reason it was kept so tightly under wraps is because of how the public would (rightfully) react to being spied upon. Of course, we may be in agreement here, and I'm just misinterpreting what you wrote as sarcasm.

Unless Snowden makes it to Iceland or somewhere like that, he'll likely be caught, and thrown in prison.

It broke all over the news that's why I refer to it as "vital intel" I'm sure not everybody was aware of this, and when people see actual support to the claims it just makes it all bigger. So get off my case, I don't really care if you don't take me seriously.

Fuck I'm terrible at this quoting shit. forgive me.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Shadysapathy » Jun 25th, '13, 22:10

He´s a hero and I hope they didn´t catch him.
Shadysapathy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Jun 26th, '13, 04:08

As already pointed out, he did what he had to do.

SoldierShady wrote:Such bullies Americans are.

Edit: the American government is a bully. :flower: Most of the general American public doesn't agree on the actions of the g-men lately.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby SliK » Jun 26th, '13, 05:16

AbramIsaac wrote:And the things he leaked weren't really "vital intel", they were PowerPoint presentations that were distributed to government contractors. The only reason it was kept so tightly under wraps is because of how the public would (rightfully) react to being spied upon.

You don't think US and UK agencies hacking foreign phones/emails/databases is pretty vital intel?

That goes way beyond the American public and how they react. China is quite unhappy about it.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » Jun 26th, '13, 05:35

I'll have to read up on it a little more. My current understanding of the information led me to believe that the information that Snowden released was mostly pertaining to data mining US-based tech companies traffic, and using this to determine who's having an unusual amount of correspondence with questionable areas and/or people. Of course, I've only read a little bit about the PRISM and Verizon Wireless metadata stuff since the stories broke.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Jun 26th, '13, 05:37

Pretty much, but they were acquiring that information illegally from other countries too (I believe).
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » Jun 26th, '13, 05:43

I know for sure that they were interested in foreign users, but I'm not sure if they were actually hacking foreign services for the information. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm just not sure that information was released in Snowden's leaks.

Either way though, I'm going to read up more on it.

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Jun 26th, '13, 05:53

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/ ... s-timeline

12 June Hong Kong's South China Morning Post publishes the first interview with Snowden since he revealed his identity. He says he intends to stay in the city until asked to leave and discloses that the NSA has been hacking into Hong Kong and Chinese computers since 2009.

14 June The Home Office instructs airlines not to allow Snowden to board any flights to the UK.

16 June The Guardian reports that GCHQ intercepted foreign politicians' communications at the 2009 G20 summit.

21 June A Guardian exclusive reveals that GCHQ has gained access to the network of cables which carry the world's phone calls and internet traffic and is processing vast streams of sensitive personal information it shares with the NSA.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Alex2012 » Jun 26th, '13, 09:17

It's funny how Russia wants to have nothing to do with that affair but if it was happened in their country the guy would be already dead and probably they do the same as China and all the government having the technology to do it.
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Serious Debate