The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Feminism

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Feminism

Postby CrashBand » Jul 4th, '13, 07:02

What are people's thoughts? - the good the bad and the ugly.

It's a pretty homophobic and sexist community so I'm expecting some potentially radical views.

I'll post mine later.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Feminism

Postby SliK » Jul 4th, '13, 08:41

I believe there are inequalities on both sides and therefore support equal rights, for both sexes.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Jul 4th, '13, 09:02

SliK wrote:I believe there are inequalities on both sides and therefore support equal rights, for both sexes.

Same here. But we still live in a macho world. For men is easier.

Not saying men have some issues too. I think for example if a couple is divorced the kids will go with the mother in most cases. Which is not always fair.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Jul 4th, '13, 09:08

I disagree, I don't think it's any easier to be a man than a woman.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Jul 4th, '13, 09:15

SliK wrote:I disagree, I don't think it's any easier to be a man than a woman.

That's because you are one. :D

It's an easier world for men. Many years ago in my country. Women didn't work. Just stay in the house, taking care of the kids. Doing the homework. Sometimes the husbands treated them like shit. There are still a lot of domestic violence here against women. Much more than against men.

And what about those countries where men burn the faces of women with acid because they were adultery for example? Or they are stoned.

Without going to extremes. I see sexism often. Even at work. Sometimes men treat you like if you are something decorative with nothing to add.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Jul 4th, '13, 09:40

There are LOTS of things that men have harder than women... What about genital mutilation for little boys for strictly aesthetic purposes (circumcision)? Imagine if the cultural norm was to take to a woman's vagina with a scalpel (without anesthetic) to make them look better?

There is much more cultural support for women to speak out about domestic violence than for men. If a women is hit by her husband and she reports it she is a hero. If a man is hit by his wife and reports it he is a joke. There are many abuse cases like this that go unreported. Women also inflict emotional abuse, which again isn't given the level of severity it deserves because if a man were to claim he was being abused emotionally by his wife, whether its by minipulation, name calling, mind games, he'd be laughed at but it can result in emotional termoil.

Society in general is much more sympathetic towards women - a women works 9-5 she's working hard and good for her! A man works 9-5 because it is what is expected of him. It's more socially acceptable for a man to support a wife and kids than for a woman to support a husband and kids. A woman cries when she is upset and her society comforts her. A man cries and society makes fun.

Women are supposed to be "soft", and men "hard" (no pun intended).

There are certainly inequalities for women too but to say it's easier for a man is just plain wrong. And to say I don't understand because I'm a man and could never know is plain ignorant.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Jul 4th, '13, 09:56

SliK wrote:
There are certainly inequalities for women too but to say it's easier for a man is just plain wrong. And to say I don't understand because I'm a man and could never know is plain ignorant.

That was a joke in case the ---> :D didn't give you a clue.

And I do believe things are (In general) easier for men yes. Of course men have their issues too.

I would compare women with black people, they had disadvantages for many time.

Still today a woman being the president of Spain for example, would be very difficult to imagine. I remember reading women and men in the same workstation, men earn more money.

And many women work outside and when they come home they have to do also the homework there, because that's a female work.

I never said men have no disadvantages but saying things are equall for men and women is like you say, just plain ignorant.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Jul 4th, '13, 09:57

I didn't say things are equal.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Jul 4th, '13, 10:05

SliK wrote:I didn't say things are equal.

Ok, I know. But if things are not aqual. For one of the 2 groups things are harder. I think for women are harder. If you agree with me things are not equal. For who do you think things are harder?

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Jul 4th, '13, 10:11

Guess_Who wrote:
SliK wrote:I didn't say things are equal.

Ok, I know. But if things are not aqual. For one of the 2 groups things are harder. I think for women are harder. If you agree with me things are not equal. For who do you think things are harder?

"Harder" is such a vague term and I think it's pointless to try and "measure hardness" when the goal should simply be equality.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Tornado » Jul 4th, '13, 15:39

Guess_Who wrote:I would compare women with black people, they had disadvantages for many time.

I get what you're trying to say, but gender and racial inequality are two different kinds of prejudice.

Anyway, feminism i feel nowadays has gone far beyond what it stands for. A good number of feminists take it to the extreme, becoming men-hating,taking a cause and making it extreme when they are just using it as a excuse for their views and that's fucked up.

As for who has it hard, who can really judge that without being biased? Things are unfair on both sides, main difference is women have been more vocal about their side the past few decades.

Guess_Who wrote:And what about those countries where men burn the faces of women with acid because they were adultery for example? Or they are stoned.

Some cultures in countries still have the same mentality, they don't want to embrace change so i get your point,

Guess_Who wrote:Without going to extremes. I see sexism often. Even at work. Sometimes men treat you like if you are something decorative with nothing to add.

At work, i've seen your side but there are also proper bitches too not pulling their weight, using their gender as an excuse for not carrying out duties. Fair enough, women may not be able to do some of the more physically demanding duties of some jobs, but it's fucking rich for anyone to want to be treated equal in the workplace and not do their job, especially when they know inequality exists, not just gender
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby NextEpisode » Jul 4th, '13, 16:24

I'm for EQUAL rights and EQUAL opportunity, for everyone.

In other words, I'm against...

(i) Quotas, laws enforcing that some % of the employees should be women and some % should be men etc etc.

(ii) Equal pay for equal work. Milton Friedman made the case, quite brilliantly, against this policy: “... What you are doing, not intentionally, but by misunderstanding, when you try to get equal pay for equal work law, what you are doing is reducing to zero the cost imposed on people who are discriminating for irrelevant reasons. And I would like to see a cost imposed on them. I’m on your side. But you’re not!”

"Quotas" and "Equal pay for equal work" are quite common subjects that feminists argue FOR... So I guess - in Friedman's words - one could say that, in general, I'm FOR the cause (some of it, at least) but AGAINST the actual proposed methods.
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Jul 4th, '13, 19:32

Feminism has always been about equal rights. But unfortunately, there's that chunk of people who are using feminism as an excuse to hate men and give the others a bad name. They're the loudest and get on the news more often.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Minimii » Jul 4th, '13, 23:53

NextEpisode wrote:
(ii) Equal pay for equal work. Milton Friedman made the case, quite brilliantly, against

Yea but milton friedman is a dickhead
Cause you'll never take my pride from me
It'll have to be bribed from me"
- marshall "sellout" mathers
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby EminemInsider » Jul 5th, '13, 03:44

Black oppression - Enslaved. Forced into hard labor, whipped/beaten/killed if they refused or tried to escape.

Jew oppression in WW2 - gathered up by the millions, forced to work in unsanitary conditions, gassed by the masses.

White female oppression - they have to stay in the...KITCHEN. And cook. While the men did all the really fun things like shoveling coal for hours on end. NOOOOoooooo!
Canning: What will it say on your tombstone?
Charlie Sheen: Something dot com.

Canibus & Eminem Converse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB62t2_wJE
EminemInsider
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Serious Debate