The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Nationalism/patriotism

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Nationalism/patriotism

Postby Chappy » Sep 8th, '13, 17:12

There's nowt wrong with being proud of where you're from. Nowadays tho Patriotism is being associated with racism which pisses me off. Especially in England, when you have organisations like the EDL and BNP.

It's not about politics for me, it's about simply loving your country and there's no shame in that. I'm proud to be English, and proud to be British.
Howay The Lads!

But I made my way inside, past a thousand crazy eyes, then a friend took me aside said everyone here has a knife...
Chappy
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby UofLCard » Sep 9th, '13, 00:02

Chappy wrote:There's nowt wrong with being proud of where you're from. Nowadays tho Patriotism is being associated with racism which pisses me off. Especially in England, when you have organisations like the EDL and BNP.

It's not about politics for me, it's about simply loving your country and there's no shame in that. I'm proud to be English, and proud to be British.

:y:
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Minimii » Nov 4th, '13, 22:48

Chappy wrote:There's nowt wrong with being proud of where you're from. Nowadays tho Patriotism is being associated with racism which pisses me off. Especially in England, when you have organisations like the EDL and BNP.

There is everything wrong with being patriotic.
How can you value people that live in the same legal region above people who live somewhere else.
Loving a country? Why?
Just tell me:
why would you love a country?

Slim Fiasco wrote:Patriotism is ALL about carrying for the good of the people of the said country.

can i be patriotic pakistani even though i dont live nor have i ever been there?
Last edited by Minimii on Nov 11th, '13, 20:37, edited 2 times in total.
Cause you'll never take my pride from me
It'll have to be bribed from me"
- marshall "sellout" mathers
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby MyUsername » Nov 10th, '13, 22:09

Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.
- Arthur Schopenhauer, Aphorisms
MyUsername
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby SpiderDiaze » Nov 16th, '13, 04:16

Too late for the United Kingdom now, we have left it too late. In a few more years it will collapse and we will see more riots etc. I might just take the boat across to Dublin and settle there. Liverpool isn't too bad but looking at the rest of the country it will spread right across Liverpool so I hope I'm out before I fall to the sword of radical Islam, no job because of the collapsing of the economy, forced out of my home because of unemployment. Fuck that shit.
TRShady's neighbourhood Spiderman!

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Does whatever a spider can.
Spins a web, any size.
Catches thieves- just like flies.
Look out! Here comes the Spiderman.

ImageImage
SpiderDiaze
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SpiderDiaze » Nov 16th, '13, 14:35

Calandre wrote:
Diazepam150mg wrote:forced out of my home because of unemployment. Fuck that shit.

In my case, I wasn't "forced out" - I left.

And I settled in "your" country. And I'm staying here

Hence the reason why I'm going. If I was you I wouldn't get too comfortable when the economy collapses because of all the Asians and Eastern Europeans flocking through the borders claiming thousands of pound worth of benefits.

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Spins a web, any size.

ImageImage
SpiderDiaze
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SpiderDiaze » Nov 16th, '13, 14:42

We can no longer be English and proud, people will think we are Nazi's and racists. If the English flag, Christmas Day, Poppies or our women showing some flesh offends the Muslim's why don't they go home back to the Middle East to their husbands with 6 wives?

God help us.

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Spins a web, any size.

ImageImage
SpiderDiaze
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Minimii » Nov 20th, '13, 19:08

Diazepam150mg wrote:

We can no longer be English and proud, people will think we are Nazi's and racists. If the English flag, Christmas Day, Poppies or our women showing some flesh offends the Muslim's why don't they go home back to the Middle East to their husbands with 6 wives?

God help us.

no one curs about your stupid country.
You wanna compare the shit UK did to the rest of the world during their bullshit colonialism to what those people who immigrate to UK do now?
It's like comparing ww2 to a barfight.
You are the antonym of what im trying to say therefore you are the biggest idiot in the world and you should feel bad.
Cause you'll never take my pride from me
It'll have to be bribed from me"
- marshall "sellout" mathers
Minimii
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SpiderDiaze » Nov 20th, '13, 21:06

Minimii, I never understood one word you said in that post, do you have downs syndrome? Retarded fuck just kill yourself.

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Spins a web, any size.

ImageImage
SpiderDiaze
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SpiderDiaze » Nov 20th, '13, 21:07

bigray wrote:I love my Country because its better than yours, its quite simple tbh its pretty much a fact...i didnt make that up about Canada

Diazepam150mg wrote:We can no longer be English and proud, people will think we are Nazi's and racists. If the English flag, Christmas Day, Poppies or our women showing some flesh offends the Muslim's why don't they go home back to the Middle East to their husbands with 6 wives?

God help us.

I feel you bro, I live in Canada why cant people say Merry Christmas anymore? because it offends someone, lol get the fuck out if it offends you. You came to my Country (yes my COUNTRY) for a better life most likely and you try to change our rules when were helping you in every possibly way :facepalm

I still say Merry Christmas I don't give a fuck

Spot on bro.

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Spins a web, any size.

ImageImage
SpiderDiaze
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » Nov 20th, '13, 21:09

You guys really like to generalize, don't you?
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby B.A.D. » Nov 20th, '13, 21:50

SajN wrote:You guys really like to generalize, don't you?

indeed
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby SpiderDiaze » Nov 20th, '13, 21:57

Just proud of our country and culture, is that a bad thing?

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Spins a web, any size.

ImageImage
SpiderDiaze
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » Nov 20th, '13, 21:59

No.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby SajN » Nov 20th, '13, 22:55

People like to put the blame on muslims for everything.

A week ago something spread like wild fire on Facebook and news in Norway... about the flag maybe getting changed because of the cross in it, and people starting talking shit about muslims everywhere (as usual) because they meant that muslims demanded the cross to get removed. No one seems to care about the truth as long as they can talk shit about muslims. It was actually a Christian Priest who suggested that, and it was nothing big anyway. The flag isn't getting changed. It's not going anywhere. Unfortunately, some people are retarded and just want to put the blame on one certain religion.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate