The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

VERY SERIOUS: TO SAVE HUMANITY

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

VERY SERIOUS: TO SAVE HUMANITY

Postby ganjakush56 » Oct 22nd, '13, 04:50

POST SERIOUS IDEAS ON HOW AND WHY YOU THINK HUMANITY MUST BE WOKEN UP. If not humanity, then at least those dwelling in Western culture.

Please, no bullshit posts. I have done extensive research on this and have already formed my own conclusions. I am curious as to what you people think.
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

Ego: the pathology of human consciousness
ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: VERY SERIOUS: TO SAVE HUMANITY

Postby ladelsofgravy » Oct 22nd, '13, 06:57

Humanity is what it is. Change will come when it's ready. It's best to maintain things as they are because people are incapable of handling change.
TES > MMLP > MMLP2 > SSLP > Rec = Rel > Enc
ladelsofgravy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Fleka » Oct 22nd, '13, 12:59

The thing called CAPITALISM is destroying us. 90% of the world will work their ass of for just enough to survive, 10% of the world will have everything.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Just Silver » Oct 22nd, '13, 13:28

Fleka wrote:The thing called CAPITALISM is destroying us. 90% of the world will work their ass of for just enough to survive, 10% of the world will have everything.

pretty much i believe if we were communists itd be better for most
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Fleka » Oct 22nd, '13, 14:27

Well, I don`t think so. But, some boundaries must be set. Minimum wage must be enough for a normal life, where you have enough money for everything you need. people work just to pay bills, lots of people can afford college for their kids.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EG. » Oct 22nd, '13, 16:14

Fleka wrote:The thing called CAPITALISM is destroying us. 90% of the world will work their ass of for just enough to survive, 10% of the world will have everything.

:flutter: this
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ganjakush56 » Oct 22nd, '13, 16:19

It is because are society is fueled by our attachment to ego. We must denounce the ego if we are to persist.
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Fleka » Oct 22nd, '13, 18:13

bigray wrote:But you have to work your ass off, this world has no room for lazy people who sit on their ass and take advantage of the system. If you don't like what u make in terms of money, go to school or work 2 jobs.

Oh someone will say what if they have kids, well no one forced you to have kids if you can't afford.

People are working their asses off, but the price of their work is very low. Companies fire thousands of people just to increase income (for example from 100 to 120 millions). And then happens what I said earlier-you have few people that live large and a lot of people that don`t have enough for their basic needs.

You took this the wrong way. I agree that people need to work, but in the world today-people are expected to work hard for nothing. Not everybody can go to college. If we all go to college, who will be a bartender in the pub you go to? Who will fix your car and build your house? Would you work as a garbage man ith a college diploma? And I`m not even gonna comment on that "work two jobs" bullshit.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Slim Fiasco » Oct 22nd, '13, 18:32

ganjakush56 wrote:

It is because are society is fueled by our attachment to ego. We must denounce the ego if we are to persist.

Exactly. Everything else is basically looking at symptoms of the illness rather than the root cause. It's at the level of consciousness that things need to change first.

The most simple solution to "save" the earth is to practice the well-known saying - Treat others like you want them to treat you. Seriously, if everyone was doing that no one would do damage to each other, because no sane person likes to be hurt.

Another simple solution is for more people to read The Power Of Now and A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, and hopefully understand enough. Outside the spiritual elements of the books, the practical points are perfect logic and that's all one needs to get out of them.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Just Silver » Oct 22nd, '13, 20:17

a bartender around here doesnt require college
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby drdre2028 » Oct 22nd, '13, 20:35

ganjakush56 wrote:

Are you a buddhist? To be fair buddhists seem to have it all figured out but they're the sort of people I would imagine list to Eminem a lot.
Because, I forgot the chorus
But that's okay cause y'all saying bust a rhyme for us
drdre2028
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Fleka » Oct 22nd, '13, 21:17

bigray wrote:U can't serve alcohol without a license from the govt, don't know how USA works and you need a course unless you choose to work for a scummy place than you'll complain because of the wage.

Are you comparing bartender training with a college that lasts for or more years?
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby NextEpisode » Oct 22nd, '13, 22:21

Interesting. What aspect(s) of capitalism would you say are "destroying us"? And what alternative(s) would you suggest?
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fleka » Oct 22nd, '13, 23:16

Companies don`t stop at nothing to increase the profit. For example T-Com, they fired lots of people in the year they had one of their biggest profit ever (2012 if I`m not mistaken). And all that money goes where? To a small number of people. And the people that get fired and their families suffer.

And like Bigray said, his father is working 16 hours a day. Is that normal? Is that how you wanna live your life? 16 hours per day for a small salary?

Labour law must protect the working people. Of course that someone that finished college or someone that is more capable will earn more. Top manager in a company must earn a lot more than a regular worker, but giving millions to managers and minimum wages to workers is wrong. Minimum wage must be enough for a decent life, where you can afford everything you need and where you can give your kids chance to get a good education.

Worlds greatest companies and banks must be controlled more and the laws need to more strict for them.

Society and world can only benefit if everybody is given a chance. If you will earn enough to have a normal life, you will make others work by spending your money in stores, hairdressers, movies, bars, restaurants... You will send your kid to college and he/she will maybe make an impact in the world.

You have people that work and when they get sick, they can`t afford the hospital treatment. And in the same time the head of the company that man/woman is working for is buying his dog a diamond collar and a golden bowl. You have professional athletes that are paid millions and you have doctors and engineers that are heavily underpaid for the knowledge and skills they have.

If you own a company or some business, and you get in a debt-you will get closed and people stay without jobs. Football clubs own millions and millions and nothing happens.

Balance of important values is shifted badly in the world today. The society can only work if we take care of each other. Someone is super smart and capable and has graduated at Harvard-great. He should be paid big for his work. But, does that mean that someone that can`t do better than be a simple waiter or a grocery store worker should not earn enough for a decent life?
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby ganjakush56 » Oct 23rd, '13, 02:36

drdre2028 wrote:
ganjakush56 wrote:

Are you a buddhist? To be fair buddhists seem to have it all figured out but they're the sort of people I would imagine list to Eminem a lot.

No, i am not a Buddhist. And, Eastern practices are also inherently flawed as, to generalize, the entire point is the process of denouncing to ego. This implies that there is a ego to denounce in the first place. Out of this are born hierarchies of denouncement. In other words, the monks who have achieved "buddha mind" or enlightenment are on a higher pedestal than the lay people, than the other monks, etc. In effect, those who have achieved enlightenment exercise more power than those who have not. In addition, Buddhism (whether it is Zen, Tibetan, etc. is irrelevant) has within it, a sexist paradigm in which, traditionally I believe, women are not to participate in the "religious" (Buddhism, originally was not a religion but I will use the term strictly for the sake of this point) activities that monks do.

In short, both the Western and Eastern world are fueled by an attachment the ego, maybe in different attitudes but nevertheless, there is an attachment. This spawns unlimited conflict. Has anyone read 1984, by George Orwell (published in 1949) - this was a critique of the Western mind, basically stating that the attachment to ego is the epidemic that will lead to our collective ruination. My ideas for approaching ego death are, most likely, vastly different from what most people believe. I will hold off on explaining them though. I am curious to see others think first. I can see that some people are discussing college, opportunities, jobs, ect. Like someone else said, these are all symptoms of the original problem - attachment to the ego. This even extends to jobs and college and even opportunity to the very conceptual level. Anyways - continue to discuss!

Also, I am a hardcore Hip-Hop fan who listens to all levels of hip hop - everything from trap music, to g-funk, to gangsta rap, to political rap, to [insert type] rap. I am a student of the game. I write songs by the way and I am in the process of putting together a project. Anyway, continue to discuss!
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Serious Debate