The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Abortion?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Abortion?

Postby unmissingpiece » Jan 5th, '14, 01:06

Pro Life, Pro Choice, or in-between? Reasons?
unmissingpiece
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Abortion?

Postby Emadyville » Jan 5th, '14, 06:24

all for it. let people choose.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby EmTV » Jan 5th, '14, 06:25

Emadyville wrote:all for it. let people choose.
Wake up call, wake up call.
My answer to every question was
"Fuck Y'all!"
EmTV
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby unmissingpiece » Jan 5th, '14, 06:33

I guess I'm the only one that's pro life then :(
unmissingpiece
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Hadez » Jan 5th, '14, 08:44

I'm gonna try to clear this up in one post.

Here's the problems with "pro life" (that's a retarded term anyway, as if anyone that supports abortion is real excited about killing shit):

Without abortion, we would continue to have children growing up in households where they're not loved or properly cared for because the parent(s) didn't want them. Or they end up being born in a toilet and left there. Or they end up in foster care where they either have a good experience with new parents, or a terrible experience with new parents. How about one of the parents has something that has a large chance of passing to the child that isn't exactly a good thing? Crack babies? Rape?

You're telling me it's more humane to allow the kid to grow up experiencing the pains of his up bringing (all the things listed will have an impact on their life) than it is to prevent the suffering by aborting it before it can even know that it's alive? The mother has to live with a physical manifestation of her sexual assault because someone needs to impose their flawed beliefs on others?

It's a selfish mentality to, in a sense, demand that others live life the way you want them to. "Sorry, your kid gets to grow up with that genetic tumor because it would hurt MY irrelevant feelings if you aborted." Fuck your feelings. She's not you, the fetus isn't yours. Go away. And no, you can't have the "abortion is allowed only if..." rule, either. That'll just promote lying and a bunch of other legal problems with scams.

I can get on board with a deadline in the fetus growth process before being allowed to abort. I mean, it doesn't take 8 and a half months to decide if keeping it is best for you. I encourage a deadline. There's a point in time where it's not even conscious anyway. It can't feel or even be self aware at this point. I'll quote myself from what I said in the Obama thread: "No different from pulling the plug on a vegetable in a coma. The person in a coma has no idea they're alive, they're not conscious. They also can't feel themselves die. As far as I'm concerned, aborting before the fetus can feel and think for itself is very similar to that. Different circumstances, sure, but the concept is the same and can be treated the same. The fetus would have no idea that it was alive and, therefore, wouldn't know it died."

There are a lot of people who use abortion as a fix for their stupidity. However, abortion can seriously help A LOT of other people (specifically those in the situations I mentioned). By taking that option away you're effectively fucking everyone that could genuinely benefit from abortion.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Slim Fiasco » Jan 5th, '14, 09:20

Abortion is awesome! If it worked on the principle of pressing a button or two, it'd be my dream job.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Im-Shady » Jan 5th, '14, 15:26

Hadez wrote:I'm gonna try to clear this up in one post.

Here's the problems with "pro life" (that's a retarded term anyway, as if anyone that supports abortion is real excited about killing shit):

Without abortion, we would continue to have children growing up in households where they're not loved or properly cared for because the parent(s) didn't want them. Or they end up being born in a toilet and left there. Or they end up in foster care where they either have a good experience with new parents, or a terrible experience with new parents. How about one of the parents has something that has a large chance of passing to the child that isn't exactly a good thing? Crack babies? Rape?

You're telling me it's more humane to allow the kid to grow up experiencing the pains of his up bringing (all the things listed will have an impact on their life) than it is to prevent the suffering by aborting it before it can even know that it's alive? The mother has to live with a physical manifestation of her sexual assault because someone needs to impose their flawed beliefs on others?

It's a selfish mentality to, in a sense, demand that others live life the way you want them to. "Sorry, your kid gets to grow up with that genetic tumor because it would hurt MY irrelevant feelings if you aborted." Fuck your feelings. She's not you, the fetus isn't yours. Go away. And no, you can't have the "abortion is allowed only if..." rule, either. That'll just promote lying and a bunch of other legal problems with scams.

I can get on board with a deadline in the fetus growth process before being allowed to abort. I mean, it doesn't take 8 and a half months to decide if keeping it is best for you. I encourage a deadline. There's a point in time where it's not even conscious anyway. It can't feel or even be self aware at this point. I'll quote myself from what I said in the Obama thread: "No different from pulling the plug on a vegetable in a coma. The person in a coma has no idea they're alive, they're not conscious. They also can't feel themselves die. As far as I'm concerned, aborting before the fetus can feel and think for itself is very similar to that. Different circumstances, sure, but the concept is the same and can be treated the same. The fetus would have no idea that it was alive and, therefore, wouldn't know it died."

There are a lot of people who use abortion as a fix for their stupidity. However, abortion can seriously help A LOT of other people (specifically those in the situations I mentioned). By taking that option away you're effectively fucking everyone that could genuinely benefit from abortion.

:y:
Been Listening to Slim since you thought Eminem was Candy BITCH
Im-Shady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Slim Fiasco » Jan 5th, '14, 21:31

Calandre wrote:^ "Serious debate"
you know wtf that means?

Sure, my serious response is this - I think abortion is a good thing. To me there's no difference between a fetus or sperm and jerking off/using condoms. There's a limit to when you can abort so anything before that is the same shit. I don't give a fuck if the cute little thing has 2 halves of a finger and a left nut, as long as it isn't conscious it's all good. If you're against that then you should never ever use a condom or jerk off again.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Just Silver » Jan 5th, '14, 23:46

I'm pro abortion since the fetus can't feel pain or emotion or anything before they are killed
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Cinderella Stan » Jan 6th, '14, 00:29

I'm "pro choice", but if a girl gets pregnant by me, I'd want her to keep the baby, no matter the circumstances.
...as the world turns and I keep growing older
I'll be living this hip hop till hell freezes over...
Cinderella Stan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby unmissingpiece » Jan 6th, '14, 02:09

Hadez wrote:I'm gonna try to clear this up in one post.

I know that rape is a very traumatic experience. But the baby shouldn't be blamed for that, it shouldn't be punished. Often, women choose to abort, then regret it for years to come, leading to common cases of PTSD among women who've had abortions, leaving deep scars for the rest of your life. And essentially, abortion is killing-- why should we have the choice to decide to kill a baby? Of course, there's real reasons/factors behind abortion and I'm not trying to judge anyone who has had one or anything.

Is suicide the right thing to do? If life gets really bad for me, is the right thing to do to end it? In the case of abortion it's even worse; another is deciding for you whether or not you should live. In addition, adoption is also a possibility. Every child deserves to live out its life, loved and happy. But killing the child to prevent potential child abuse is not the answer. Say the parents of an infant were killed, leaving it an orphan. Should we kill the infant out of mercy, out of the risk that it may suffer abuse? Or say an adult developed a disorder in their later years, should they be killed? (Sorry if it sounds like I'm taking this out of context) Life begins at the moment of conception, and the development of your organ systems differs from baby to baby. This is what distinguishes sperm or skin cells; they're a separate entity. Do you support infanticide? Babies are suspected to not be actually "conscious" for a while. (movement may occur out of reflex early on) Studies have shown that they are testing several month old babies for "brain activity" which constitutes as consciousness. Should they discover that 2 month olds are not conscious, should we open the doors to kill them as well?

Furthermore, there's countless people being harmed through sex-selective abortions. Female to male ratios, especially in places such as China or India, have risen to rates like 100:115. Abortion there is rampant in cultures where males are preferred. The mothers may be coerced/abused/threatened into an abortion against her will in these situations, or in other cases.
unmissingpiece
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 6th, '14, 02:46

So do you oppose the birth control pill?
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Hadez » Jan 6th, '14, 03:34

unmissingpiece wrote:I know that rape is a very traumatic experience. But the baby shouldn't be blamed for that, it shouldn't be punished. Often, women choose to abort, then regret it for years to come, leading to common cases of PTSD among women who've had abortions, leaving deep scars for the rest of your life. And essentially, abortion is killing-- why should we have the choice to decide to kill a baby? Of course, there's real reasons/factors behind abortion and I'm not trying to judge anyone who has had one or anything.

Is suicide the right thing to do? If life gets really bad for me, is the right thing to do to end it? In the case of abortion it's even worse; another is deciding for you whether or not you should live. In addition, adoption is also a possibility. Every child deserves to live out its life, loved and happy. But killing the child to prevent potential child abuse is not the answer. Say the parents of an infant were killed, leaving it an orphan. Should we kill the infant out of mercy, out of the risk that it may suffer abuse? Or say an adult developed a disorder in their later years, should they be killed? (Sorry if it sounds like I'm taking this out of context) Life begins at the moment of conception, and the development of your organ systems differs from baby to baby. This is what distinguishes sperm or skin cells; they're a separate entity. Do you support infanticide? Babies are suspected to not be actually "conscious" for a while. (movement may occur out of reflex early on) Studies have shown that they are testing several month old babies for "brain activity" which constitutes as consciousness. Should they discover that 2 month olds are not conscious, should we open the doors to kill them as well?

Furthermore, there's countless people being harmed through sex-selective abortions. Female to male ratios, especially in places such as China or India, have risen to rates like 100:115. Abortion there is rampant in cultures where males are preferred. The mothers may be coerced/abused/threatened into an abortion against her will in these situations, or in other cases.

Calandre already responded and that's pretty much what I would have said.

I would like to make a point, however, that you're using the term "baby" and "infant" to add feelings to the argument. It's a technique when debating to cause guilt and give artificial weight to your argument. Fetus =/= baby/infant.

Suicide is irrelevant, by the way. Not really sure why that was even brought up.
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Jan 6th, '14, 03:36

Abortions ain't a thang
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Jan 6th, '14, 03:40

Yeah I don't think I've ever come across a woman who has said abortion is terrible blah blah blah and went on about how horrible it is. I have to admit I was a bit shocked by that last post by unmissingpiece.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Next

Return to Serious Debate