The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Are the youths growing up too fast?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Are the youths growing up too fast?

Postby Just Silver » Feb 26th, '14, 08:02

Also molly is popular with younger kids now

I think we can partially blame hip-hop
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 26th, '14, 08:09

Calandre wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:
Just Silver wrote:Menzo droppin knowledge

Sorry but what Menzo said doesn't apply to you the slightest, you're old enough to understand what must be done and ready enough to go through school, get employed to support yourself.
For once, I 100% agree with PAINKILLƎR

:flower:

Just Silver wrote:Also molly is popular with younger kids now

I think we can partially blame hip-hop

Nah hip hop shouldn't be blamed. Weak minded people are easily influenced and the parents are to blame for that.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Just Silver » Feb 26th, '14, 08:11

It wasn't even known as molly by the general public until rappers made it mainstream
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TonyTilt » Feb 26th, '14, 15:15

Menzo had it right earlier, I see kids every day (me included) just throwing loan money at schools pursuing a degree they don't even fucking know if they like. Because by the time we were juniors in high school, we had motherfuckers breathing down our backs to pick our careers at 18 :smoking:
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby NextEpisode » Feb 26th, '14, 15:25

LilBuffDa[OG] wrote:Most of the people a few years youger than me admit to beginning drugs and sex at age 14-15. This is way too early, drug use will definitely have some adverse effects on development. It's why I believe mental disorders are so prevalent in young teens these days. You have teenagers suffering from depression in their suburban two garage homes, its really weird. Talk to anybody around 19-24 years old currently and they'll most likely relate in some way. Its scary to think what some 12 year olds could be doing.

Do you think we as a society (North America at least) are too obsessed with 'maturing' fast and not enjoying our innocent youthfulness anymore?

Well, first of all, what does "growing up" mean? It's a rather relative and subjective term, but in my book, growing up is about (i) becoming independent, (ii) taking responsibility and (iii) stabilizing your life in general -- usually this demonstrates itself by getting a job, an apartment, and eventually (maybe) starting a family.

By this definition, I think if you look back at history, you'll find that today is actually a period where people - on average - gets their first job later, becomes independent later, and starts a family later. Therefore, it's arguably plausible to claim that it's the other way around: People are growing up, not "too fast", but "too slow".

If we consider the issue of "drugs" and "sex", is it really the case that “sex” is a bad thing in itself? Isn’t it rather a question of the degree to which people are aware of the consequences and are responsible? That is, if people actually were more responsible and better informed (more ‘grown up’) it would not be a 'problem' to the same extent? It would seem to me that the instances where "drugs" and "sex" cause problems (as defined by those involved) - more often than not - are the result of prior problems of different kinds (unrelated to "drugs" and "sex").
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby StanBase » Feb 26th, '14, 17:29

Young girls wanna be teenage sluts way too early :shakehead:

Also I sometimes I can't tell if a girl is 15 or 25 :zipped:
Rollefsen wrote:this guy is THE Spongebob.

Menzo wrote:one of my lowkey favourite 'newcomers' atm.

cement wrote:youre that real nikka
StanBase
Soldier
Soldier

Postby StanBase » Feb 26th, '14, 21:46

Lol, yeah, might get in trouble :p
Rollefsen wrote:this guy is THE Spongebob.

Menzo wrote:one of my lowkey favourite 'newcomers' atm.

cement wrote:youre that real nikka
StanBase
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Serious Debate