The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Are the youths growing up too fast?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Are the youths growing up too fast?

Postby LilBuffDa[OG] » Feb 26th, '14, 04:14

Most of the people a few years youger than me admit to beginning drugs and sex at age 14-15. This is way too early, drug use will definitely have some adverse effects on development. It's why I believe mental disorders are so prevalent in young teens these days. You have teenagers suffering from depression in their suburban two garage homes, its really weird. Talk to anybody around 19-24 years old currently and they'll most likely relate in some way. Its scary to think what some 12 year olds could be doing.

Do you think we as a society (North America at least) are too obsessed with 'maturing' fast and not enjoying our innocent youthfulness anymore?
Lil Buff runnin' through ya neighborhood with bricks, ready to smash ya face and shit.
LilBuffDa[OG]
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Are the youths growing up too fast?

Postby TonyTilt » Feb 26th, '14, 04:17

Oh dude 100%, I have no room to talk though because I'm part of it.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby LilBuffDa[OG] » Feb 26th, '14, 04:22

So my I ask your age, the age you started whatever different things you tried, and the reasons for it?

I tried weed ONCE when I was 15, and not again until 19. I drank a lot when I was 16, but quit that same year until I was 19. Had sex at 19, I didn't really feel the need to start earlier than that. I'm 25 now and wish I never started smoking.
Lil Buff runnin' through ya neighborhood with bricks, ready to smash ya face and shit.
LilBuffDa[OG]
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 26th, '14, 04:31

I would say early exposure to certain a things and their particular environments play a role on this. Times have changed and things that considered inappropriate or taboo don't seem as grave and is/are more tolerable in today's society.

So now kids do more and sooner than the youth did in the past.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby LilBuffDa[OG] » Feb 26th, '14, 04:34

PAINKILLƎR wrote:I would say early exposure to certain a things and their particular environments play a role on this. Times have changed and things that considered inappropriate or taboo don't seem as grave and is/are more tolerable in today's society.

Do you think rap had an influence on them?
LilBuffDa[OG]
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 26th, '14, 04:41

LilBuffDa[OG] wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:I would say early exposure to certain a things and their particular environments play a role on this. Times have changed and things that considered inappropriate or taboo don't seem as grave and is/are more tolerable in today's society.

Do you think rap had an influence on them?

It can be one of the possibilities. It depends on how developed the kids minds are; like for instance I grew up listening to gangster rap but it never really influenced my life in a huge way, I don't always take music literal and I understood that. But I mean some kids do take music to heart completely and are influenced to do something they normally wouldn't do.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby TonyTilt » Feb 26th, '14, 04:44

Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Feb 26th, '14, 06:31

Or are they even growing up at all?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Just Silver » Feb 26th, '14, 06:35

Yea its weird

Me and my roommate smoke with a 16 yr old cause he skates and shit

And he literally can't be happy or anything without weed just like us
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Just Silver » Feb 26th, '14, 07:41

Menzo droppin knowledge
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 26th, '14, 07:43

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
SliK wrote:Or are they even growing up at all?

I think I agree with this. Kids aren't picking up the responsibilities that they should be, in general. There are 19-20 year old kids who can't do simple things like their own laundry or fix themselves a decent meal. Fuck, I'm living with someone in my dorm suite who doesn't know that a tub needs regular cleaning.

I think what OP is talking about isn't really about "growing up". Growing up, to me at least, is about becoming a self-reliant, functioning person.

I think OP means the kids perspective of "growning up" doing things only grown ups should do: drugs, sex, etc.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Just Silver » Feb 26th, '14, 07:48

Knowing Austin (16yr old)

It makes me remember my teen years
And its changed a lot

He started smoking at like 13
And had sex at 15 supposedly
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 26th, '14, 07:57

Just Silver wrote:Menzo droppin knowledge

Sorry but what Menzo said doesn't apply to you the slightest, you're old enough to understand what must be done and ready enough to go through school, get employed to support yourself.

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
PAINKILLƎR wrote:
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I think I agree with this. Kids aren't picking up the responsibilities that they should be, in general. There are 19-20 year old kids who can't do simple things like their own laundry or fix themselves a decent meal. Fuck, I'm living with someone in my dorm suite who doesn't know that a tub needs regular cleaning.

I think what OP is talking about isn't really about "growing up". Growing up, to me at least, is about becoming a self-reliant, functioning person.

I think OP means the kids perspective of "growning up" doing things only grown ups should do: drugs, sex, etc.

Yeah, I know. But I thought what SliK said was interesting. And I'm half-awake but can't sleep.

Oh word, my bad.

Only half awake myself.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Just Silver » Feb 26th, '14, 07:59

Didn't say it applied to me

I just agree that young people shouldn't get thrown into the real world with no guidance
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 26th, '14, 08:00

right :shifty:
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Next

Return to Serious Debate