The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Immortality

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Immortality

Postby mdemaz » Apr 24th, '14, 08:09

We've all seen the movies, read the books and watched the documentaries; but, pardon the pun, let's snap back to reality for a minute. Will immortality really be a reality in our lifetimes? Computers are predicted to become extremely powerful once quantum computing kicks in and organs are ALREADY being grown in labs.

Immortality is everyone's thought at some point, as they wonder if they will just rot away like their ancestors, or be apart of a human evolution so dramatic, that it makes man standing on 2 legs look like nothing.
Nanotechnology, our understanding of cybernetics and our ability to figure out what really created the universe will be all keys to figuring out how to achieve overwhelming power. After we put aside our differences and finally band together to build a utopia, will we make advances in science so radical that we can go as far as basically breaking light speed, storing your consciousness on a hard drive or seeing beyond the Big Bang? Quite possibly.

What is everyone's thoughts on immortality, and do you think it's really a good thing to happen to us?
Last edited by mdemaz on Apr 24th, '14, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Re: Immortality

Postby pudding » Apr 24th, '14, 08:25

I think to live forever is a curse. of course, you can argue that once a person has had his fill of the world, that the person could always pull the plug. But I feel like taking life itself into your own hands is a way of playing god in a way. There's an arrogance and selfishness behind it, I feel.
pudding
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby cement » Apr 24th, '14, 10:13

immortality will be the end of the world
NIGGAGANG: takeover 2014.
GANG:
Rollef$en, €anadaPure, Blog$ Mcgoo$h, $atan, €harlotte, Never_€nough, Tru€ Wiz, €xcitaz, D€rdyPK, Th€VipBro, N-R-G, md€maz, €€D€€, $nakebeast (FULL MEMBER), HotDawg, Pudding, Aton€, Mistah €vil, Jo$himura
R.I.P. to my homeboy £I£BuffDa[OG], we done lost you on the streets but you aint forgotten hombre.
SNITCH:
Stanbase
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=170027
#FUCKJABBA
cement
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NextEpisode » Apr 24th, '14, 11:22

NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Apr 24th, '14, 12:03

Horse wrote:it's a stupid idea. i don't give a shit about "playing god" and i firmly believe there is no god, but people were meant to die. we have to die to preserve life on earth.

So, you don't wanna transplant your brain and consciousness to a new body?

I think if we get to the point that we make these advances, war will be a thing of the past. That's just my opinion, though. I do have faith in humanity, but, I have a limit with how much faith I have. I don't think fighting will stop completely anytime soon, but, in about 70 years, we should at least work something out, pull our heads out of our asses and build a bright future, eliminating pollution, global warming and other nasty shit.

How many of you guys wanted to use a computer with a billion cores? Man, those new 9000EB SSDs look really cool.
Last edited by mdemaz on Apr 24th, '14, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby yoda you can call me » Apr 24th, '14, 12:09

I wan't to live forever but not on this dump, lol. I think that immortality will take away the gift of life and just make it meaningless. it's meant to be finite
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby StanBase » Apr 24th, '14, 12:10

I think only the richest 1% of the world could afford immortality.
The world is already pretty crowded tho.
I think I wouldn't mind being immortal tbh
Rollefsen wrote:this guy is THE Spongebob.

Menzo wrote:one of my lowkey favourite 'newcomers' atm.

cement wrote:youre that real nikka
StanBase
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Apr 24th, '14, 12:15

I'm reminded of Futurama where they put famous people's heads in those jars.

I really hope shit like that doesn't happen...
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby mdemaz » Apr 24th, '14, 12:38

Man, people would be relocated to Mars; it's really no problem at all.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby yoda you can call me » Apr 24th, '14, 12:45

mdemaz wrote:Man, people would be relocated to Mars; it's really no problem at all.

Yeah living in protective housing from the atmosphere sounds really great. We'd need to terraform the planet, which takes about a 1000 years
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yoda you can call me » Apr 24th, '14, 12:59

Horse wrote:but we'll never do that, because we're retarded. humanity is far too concerned with blowing each other up and destroying this planet to spend time and money terraforming another planet.

Yep, greedy elitist fucks that don't give a shit about the welfare of us and the planet. we need to sort that shit out before we do anything else. Our future is bleak at the moment
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby HotDawg » Apr 24th, '14, 19:42

I'd like immortality. But it wont be reached in our life times. :(
HotDawg
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mdemaz » Apr 24th, '14, 23:21

Yoda wrote:
mdemaz wrote:Man, people would be relocated to Mars; it's really no problem at all.

Yeah living in protective housing from the atmosphere sounds really great. We'd need to terraform the planet, which takes about a 1000 years

Nah, it's doable within a few years if technology advances like we think it will.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby mdemaz » Apr 25th, '14, 04:48

Brah, you're right.

I'm gonna do some soul-searching.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby gutawafang » Apr 25th, '14, 08:51

I wanna die as soon as possible so fuck living forever. But if it means that an axe can't cut my fucking head, I'd take it. I prefer invincible to immortality. There's nothing in this world worth living forever for.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Next

Return to Serious Debate