The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Homophobia and Disagreement and other sexual stuff

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Homophobia and Disagreement and other sexual stuff

Postby CrashBand » Apr 25th, '14, 04:38

kurdt wrote:Oh omg, my bad!

It's alright!! :)
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Apr 25th, '14, 04:41

I really don't know yet. If I do it won't be in a church.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Apr 25th, '14, 04:42

Menzo wrote:
kurdt wrote:
Menzo wrote:I was saying the idea of being homophobic in this era is absurd.

Oh omg, my bad! I totally misunderstood what you were saying and I'm sorry about that.

It's all good, my dear.

SliK wrote:I think churches and priests should have the right to refuse to marry gay people, the same way I would be refused if I wanted to get married in a mosque or something.

I don't think it should be against any kind of law, though. That seems completely ridiculous.

I don't see why any priests would even care if the couple is gay unless they're older. But yeah, I do sort of agree with that.

It is against their religion. If you believe what the bible says, you would not marry gay men.

Some would be cool with it though, that's why I think it should be a personal decision and not a law.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Apr 25th, '14, 04:47

And Christianity isn't the only religion.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Apr 25th, '14, 04:48

Yeah, Christians do have a reason care and to be against it.

Saying that, their reason is just as flimsy as their reason to believe in god is.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Apr 25th, '14, 04:50

CrashBand wrote:Saying that, their reason is just as flimsy as their reason to believe in god is.

:heskylaugh:
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CrashBand » Apr 25th, '14, 04:55

We the most civil members on this site m8.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby pudding » Apr 25th, '14, 05:13

CrashBand wrote:If you're serious....

then..

pudding wrote:I want to know for sure (I think almost all of you would agree with me) that me simply disagreeing with a gay's lifestyle of homosexuality is not homophobic.
No, this is homophobic.

As a christian, I disagree with homosexuality because of my faith and a part of me thinks it's wrong
All this means is Christianity/Religion influences people to be homophobic. It doesn't negate you homophobic beliefs.

or at least not natural
This is a slightly different conversation, depending on your intentions, but it is natural. You see it in other animals. Unless we get into the semantic/philosophical arguments that StaywWideAwake loves so much, and debate over what "natural" means.

But I don't hate
Thank fuck, lol. You're a real winner, hopefully you don't hate black people too.

or treat gay people any different.

I have gay teachers and deans at schooI and I'm totally cool with them, it's just that if they were to ask me if homosexuality was wrong then I would have to say yes. But I wouldn't be an arrogant prick about it because when it comes to sin, I'm still beating the meat and such. It's just that...

I swear, in todays world, if you're not totally buddy-buddy with homosexuality or accidentally speak to a gay dude wrong, then you get bashed as hard as encore does on this forum...
This is funny, because although there's a good conversation to be had here (EminemInsider, Amadeo and EminemBase often bring up similar sentiments towards black people and woman), you are just a homophobe who is complaining that you have to be overly nice to them. You should just be neutral towards it. But there's a huge debate about whether or not affirmative action like positive discrimination is good or bad.

that being said, what makes incest (considering that they don't have babies) wrong
SliK made a thread about this and it was a great discussion. It's pretty similar case here, but there are some subtle spanners thrown in the works.

and intimate relationship between an eight year old and a thirty nine year old (considering that both partners fully consent) wrong?
You're an idiot if you can't see why this is wrong, and is why most people think you aren't serious.

You can't say that these relationships are wrong and say that homosexuality is fine...
It's actually interesting seeing pro-gay people's reactions to incest (without having babies). And shows, that if you are ignorant, homophobic reactions are pretty natural, and we should not give people such a hard time. But once they've had the discussion about it and have tried to analyse it, and they're still homophobic, they're probably an idiot.

1. Can you please explain why that's homophobic. I just disagree with what they're doing. I think you're treating my disagreement to the point where I look down on them.
A conversation would be like this:
Gay dude: So I'm gay.
Me: Oh, that's interesting.
Gay dude: Are you okay with that?
Me: Well, I don't find it ruining or hindering our friendship.
Gay dude: Well are you fine with homosexuality?
Me: If you're gay then you're gay and I'll still accept you as a person (it doesn't change anything except some topics I can talk to you about) but if you're asking if it is wrong then I guess I have to say so but I'm committing tons of wrong in my life so I can't really say anything. It isn't like you're killing others. It's not a big deal to me.
^would that really be homophobic? this is like me disagreeing with other people's faith... i think they're wrong but at the end, it doesn't really matter

2. I guess you're right but I never intended to hide behind my religion.

3. I meant it in a way where it isn't beneficial for the survival of the species but you right here too.

4. I'm not sure we're on the right page here so I'll re-explain myself. I don't like being labeled a homophobe (you're probably saying, "yes you are") when I'm obviously not. Its as if I have to be 100% down with it or else I hate gay people, that shit is retarded (and basedshady is obviously a gay person who thinks I hate gay people (that's what homophobic means right? when I stated many times that I'm not. BasedShady, I'm upset with you for being a fucking asshole not because you're gay. You apparently have a problem with me just because I don't agree with one aspect of your life, sigh I'm not that shallow to hate you because of that)

5. HAHA... okay... I'm saying why isn't a relationship between an 8 year old and 39 year old wrong in the view where I'm seeing no fault with homosexuality. Of course, when through my view, I see this is wrong. But when I look through one part of me which is fine with homosexuality (these people are born gay and they sincerely love their SO), in terms of logic i see no fault (we're considering that this 8 year old actually has the mental capacity and if you don't like that (saying it is just impossible) then we can go to the 16 (20 if you really hate a person being in their teens) year old with the 80 year old. If these couples really love other, they wouldn't do anything to hurt each other (so don't bring up rape). And plus they were born with that affinity.
If your reasoning then is, "it just isn't right", then you're the same as me and you know it.

6. I'm not saying incest is right either... I'm saying pedophila, incest, and homosexuality is wrong in essence. What I'm trying to say, why is one right and the others wrong?

I tried to be as positive and civil but I did lose my temper a couple of times because people are labeling my homophobic when I don't hate gay people. But I think that the reason for that is because we may have a different definition of what homophobia is, for me it's hatred or discrimination against gay people. Maybe for you, it's just the fact with me not being 100% okay with it. And jesus... Menzo, BasedShady and CrashBand, I'm not a troll... sigh but if you don't believe me then whatever... I just want my question answered with reason and logic.

p.s. instead of calling me an idiot, why don't you just tell me I'm wrong and give me your reasoning... it's really hard to be respectful to those who just lash out and don't give you a real reason at times.

but thanks for the replies anyway they meant a lot, and yes, you too BasedShady, I dun hate you, we cool
pudding
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby pudding » Apr 25th, '14, 05:22

Menzo wrote:Meh, Jesus never had a problem with gays so fuck it - and hey, neither does the Pope.

Well the fact that Jesus never had a problem with gays is debatable. Just because it wasn't recorded on the Bible doesn't mean that he was totally fine with it. But I think Jesus cared more about people's hearts. He would sit with prostitutes and sinners and I'm sure he would do the same with gays. It's the pharisees who had bad hearts that he was angry with (still did not hate). I consider myself to be very similar, I don't hate gays but I do think what they're doing is wrong (I'm not mad, judgmental or think I'm superior to them) but I would be furious with a pastor who uses Gods name for his own personal gain or a person who hates gay personally (WestBoroBaptist member).
pudding
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby TheVipBro » Apr 25th, '14, 05:27

i still can't understand in its totallity what pudding is saying, I just feel like he's going in circles, pointing people who do judge and hate gays and says he doesn't but says it's wrong anyway.

Admit you do hate them, You made the thread for a reason, and you think it's wrong, so they're wrong, what they do is wrong, being gay is wrong, therefore you don't accept them, unless you accept the wrong stuff yourself
Last edited by TheVipBro on Apr 25th, '14, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Apr 25th, '14, 05:30

Pudding, you seem like a great newbie, but your post just made my opinion of you plummet. I REALLY hope I'm misunderstanding you here.
pudding wrote:First off, I want to state that I am a Christian. But I'm not a Westboro Baptist kind, so chill and neither do I intend to shove my beliefs down other people's throats.

Cool. :y:
But...
I want to know for sure (I think almost all of you would agree with me) that me simply disagreeing with a gay's lifestyle of homosexuality is not homophobic.

Homophobia: An extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people. Take it as you will.
As a christian, I disagree with homosexuality because of my faith and a part of me thinks it's wrong or at least not natural.

Not natural? Define not natural. If you mean that it doesn't normally occur in nature:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

On your faith:
Now, unlike Horse, I don't vehemently speak out against the very existence of religion. I believe in its necessity in peoples' lives as a form of security, as a way to teach children morals, and a way to bring people together. However, using your faith as a way to deflect any accusations of homophobia is total bullshit.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things_The_Bible_Bans,_But_You_Do_Anyway

And how can you disagree with it? It's not a choice. It's how you're born. You can't disagree with something that isn't an opinion.
But I don't hate or treat gay people any different.

You are demonstrating the exact opposite.
I have gay teachers and deans at schooI and I'm totally cool with them,

By the existence of this post, I'd have to say you're not "totally cool" with them.
that being said, what makes incest (considering that they don't have babies) and intimate relationship between an eight year old and a thirty nine year old (considering that both partners fully consent) wrong?

You do realize an 8 year old doesn't exactly have the mental capacity or maturity to decide whether or not they should have sex with a thirty nine year old, right? That's why an age of consent exists. Regardless of sexual orientation.

On incest: Exactly why do people have an aversion to incest, again? If they don't make mentally deficient babies or anything, who gives a fuck? If both (or more) partners are of age and fully consent to it, bang whoever the fuck you want.
You can't say that these relationships are wrong and say that homosexuality is fine... that's bullshit (a lot of homos say, it's something they're born with and they LOVE each other. Why are people that are either in the same family or have big age gaps treated as if their relationships and affinity for one another aren't based on love and natural.

Yes I can and I just did. You don't seem to understand that your sexual orientation is not a CHOICE. It never was. You are born with it and you stick with it throughout your life. And even then, even if it is a choice: what's your problem with it?

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby CrashBand » Apr 25th, '14, 05:32

You disagree because of your homophobic reasons, jesus christ. It's not like you're just disagreeing blindly and randomly.

"Hey, I disagree that black people should be allowed to date white people, but I'm not racist, I'm only disagreeing, oh, and one of my friends is black!! :flower: "

--

If you're serious, I don't know why I have to explain why pedophiliac relationships are wrong, but obviously because a child is not old enough to make these sort of important decisions. If you're trolling, I don't really care, because it's sprouted good discussion anyway.

And of course a big age difference is fine, you idiot. An 8 year old with a 30 year old would not be ok if it was a gay relationship or a straight relationship.

--

I know, you were trying to make the comparison to incest, and you somehow missed my point. They're very similar, but there are slightly different problems with incest that there aren't in gay relationships, but that's a discussion worth having. And a lot of pro-gay people are hypocritical with their views to incest, but that's mainly due to ignorance.

--

Oh, and you are homophobic. Maybe not that extreme, but yes, you are.
Last edited by CrashBand on Apr 25th, '14, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Apr 25th, '14, 05:46

Horse wrote:professors snake and crashband dropping knowledge on niggas :b:

umm..

"I don't vehemently speak out against the very existence of religion. I believe in its necessity in peoples' lives as a form of security, as a way to teach children morals, and a way to bring people together" =/= knowledge, sorry m8s.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Snakebeast » Apr 25th, '14, 05:50

CrashBand wrote:
Horse wrote:professors snake and crashband dropping knowledge on niggas :b:

umm..

"I don't vehemently speak out against the very existence of religion. I believe in its necessity in peoples' lives as a form of security, as a way to teach children morals, and a way to bring people together" =/= knowledge, sorry m8s.

What do you mean :unsure:

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Snakebeast » Apr 25th, '14, 05:53

Wait, are you guys saying that you think religion shouldn't exist?

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate