The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Do you believe rap music has a bad influence on kids?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Do you?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes : 57

Postby Chino562 » Jul 29th, '06, 05:32

i voted no but my parents think it has cus they said after i started listening to rap music i start to cuss more than usual
Keep Calm & Rave On
Facebook
Instagram: callmechino
Chino562
Role Model
Role Model

Postby katastrophe » Jul 29th, '06, 05:33

no and yes. if kids use rap music as an excuse to kill people or rob places then yes. but i use rap music as a way to view other cultures and a way to shut people up who say i am racist. mostly, i listen to rap music because it is pleasing to my ears and i like it. i say no :smoking: rap is just music and should only be treated as music but people can abuse it.

^^^Propz to McMaybe :worship:
katastrophe
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby stevethetruth » Jul 29th, '06, 05:38

first off we all start cussing at a certain age
i voted no because even if i may swear today i probably still would've even without rap music
idk i think it's a bad infulence if you listen to the swears and your only like 7 years old
but if your like 12 and up i'd say it's ok to listen to the swears
idk that's my opinion
http://www.myspace.com/stevethetruth <-- my myspace add me!!
stevethetruth
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Lil Pimp Tell 'Em » Jul 29th, '06, 05:38

it taught me sex is good :worship:

soo no :smoking:

:rock:

but yeah it does make alotta people swear more :shifty:
Its legendary status sittin behind this computer wiigga
Lil Pimp Tell 'Em
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby MuNxMuN » Jul 29th, '06, 05:52

i say it depends on the person so i'm borderline :smoking: cause some people may take the things rappers say in songs seriously and imitate them..*cough* stan *cough* :laughing: but some kids just think of the music as a source of entertainment :happy:

but if you listen to rap music your views on things would be different from people who don't like people may find the song "kill you" disturbing while rap fans know it's a joke and won't take it seriously (i know the feeling :giggle: )

rap music didn't really teach me anything bad.....it just thought me that there are people who have it way worse than i do :p i learned the cussing from my cousin not the music :giggle:

i'll shut up before i stop making sense :sweating:
MuNxMuN
Addict
Addict

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jul 29th, '06, 12:55

i say no but it depends there person for me it has a positive affect opens your eyes to some things and i aint thick enough to run out a start shooting every person i see coz i was listening to hit them up you know :D
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby AspirinE » Jul 29th, '06, 12:57

No, its the kids that are bad influence to rap music.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby DOPE » Jul 29th, '06, 13:30

bullshit

kids eat up everythin they see

they see spiderman, they start think they can stick to walls , fuck em

so anythin influencin them ? ha
"It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper."

My basic disk will make you take a razor to your wrist
Make you satanistic
Make you take the pistol to your face
N place the clip N cock it back
N let it go until your brains are rippin out your skull so bad
To sew you back would be a waste of stitches

hybridpurity.webs.com
DOPE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jul 29th, '06, 13:43

G_killa wrote:rap influences everyone so to say it doesnt influence badly is bullshit cos itsa fact it does to some people. but this is where the real question is who is to blame .....is it dmx for talking about having to rob,eminem for saying he kills with chainsaws, n.w.a for saying fuck the police? the awnser is no the person responsible is the person listerning ppl are brought up to know good and to know bad. so when they hear the bad on rap ok they may take the idea from it but it is 100% there own willpower that makes them do it so yes rap can be a bad influence but FUCK NO is it responsible for bad things.

agreed :whistle: it depends on the person listening wethere itll be bad or good :D
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby rhiannon » Jul 29th, '06, 14:53

yeah an no....i think it kinda depends how they take tha lyrics
if they listen 2 b influenced then yeah...if they listen 4 tha lyrics an rhymes an beats an shit then no
I LIKE SLIMMY
rhiannon
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Slimm » Jul 29th, '06, 17:21

Depends on the kid.
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby 56King » Jul 29th, '06, 23:06

Yes, but at the same time it's the parents responsibility to tell their kids whats wrong and right. So the kids should not even have to try and figure out what they should do and what they shouldn't. There are so many other influences worse than rap music, like movies, and if the kid doesn't listen beat the shit out of them. Fuck that timeout bullshit.
56King
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AspirinE » Jul 29th, '06, 23:15

I hink that the way music affects a person is only a matter of how the kid sees it. If the kid listens to hip hop because he wants to be cool, hell start acting like a fool in no time, pretty soon his image will be something he/she will have to stick to it. I been listning to hip hop since like the day i can remeber being my conscious self, yet ive never changed shit bout myself to fit into the whole "hop hop thing" ima fan of the music its part of my life, but its more like a soundtrack to my life, and i believe that if there are real fans and music lovers out there they take they music in similar way... Proper music fans dont fuck up they life because of music.. idiots do.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby rhiannon » Jul 30th, '06, 09:17

ASP wrote:I hink that the way music affects a person is only a matter of how the kid sees it. If the kid listens to hip hop because he wants to be cool, hell start acting like a fool in no time, pretty soon his image will be something he/she will have to stick to it. I been listning to hip hop since like the day i can remeber being my conscious self, yet ive never changed shit bout myself to fit into the whole "hop hop thing" ima fan of the music its part of my life, but its more like a soundtrack to my life, and i believe that if there are real fans and music lovers out there they take they music in similar way... Proper music fans dont fuck up they life because of music.. idiots do.

hell yeah :worship:
I LIKE SLIMMY
rhiannon
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby walend » Jul 30th, '06, 11:48

wel when i was a kid 14 - 15 the only rapper i know: Eminem was singing about drugs in songs like 'Under influence, Drug balled & Kids'
and with me in my expirimental period that time, things went wrong hahaha

So answer is YES
Glenfiddich Single Malt Whisky
Eminem
Nirvana
VW Golf GTI
Painting & Paint
^^^^^^ Basically my intrests
walend
Renegade
Renegade

Next