The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

National Front wins European parliament elections in France

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: National Front wins European parliament elections in Fra

Postby NextEpisode » May 29th, '14, 20:03

I cannot speak for the situation in France. But I have a few general thoughts on the situation in Sweden, where almost 10% of the voters voted for the Anti-immigration and Anti-EU party SD (Swedish Democrats):

1) I would argue that the reason why they (SD) are gaining more and more votes is, not so much due to their own "brilliance", but due to the failure of other parties to tackle the challenges of immigration and integration. There is a disconnect in regards to what is being advertised and the real world. So, for instance, Sweden likes to brag about accepting many immigrants. All good right? Well, the other side of that coin is that Sweden, at the same time - in most serious academic studies - is singled out as one of the worst/least capable countries to integrate its immigrants. It takes, on average, 7 years for an immigrant to get his/her first job.

2) If you do not have an integrated society, you end up with areas where unemployment and crime rate skyrockets. This, in turn, creates confusion, whereby many non-immigrants get the impression that immigrants are "less capable" and are somehow "more criminal" than non-immigrants [today, ~50 % of the Swedes think that we have accepted 'too many immigrants']. You see, it's a negative cycle... And it's rooted in the fact that Government screws up immigration/integration in the first place...
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NextEpisode » May 29th, '14, 21:18

Calandre wrote:Just asking:
By "immigrants" are you talking about any foreigner or non-EU immigrants?

By "immigrant", I'm talking about:

"A person who comes to a country from another country in order to permanently settle there."

--> I don't make a distinction between EU and non-EU immigrants.

However, it would be naive of me to not recognize that EU immigrants are - by many Swedes - seen as more welcome than non-EU immigrants. Why? I think my last post sheds light on why that is.

Why is my last post relevant? Well, most EU immigrants move to Sweden because they might have a job opportunity here. It may improve their situation a little, but not drastically, and if they don't get a job, they can easily move back. On the other hand, if you're a non-EU immigrant, you are (in Sweden's case at least) most likely fleeing from some conflict, or some corrupt & poor nation. It is not really an option to move back in the short-term, so even if you don't get a job, your situation is better here. You are also not as likely to have some solid education or work experience in fields that are common in Sweden. [Re-read my last post having this reasoning in mind].

You disagree?
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EG. » May 29th, '14, 21:34

Ring wing party won the national elections and the European elections in Belgium.

Im just like :facepalm
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby geoff » May 29th, '14, 23:13

UKIP won in the UK, thats " UK independence party" similar to NF.
geoff
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby EG. » May 30th, '14, 01:45

Horse wrote:european politics seem so unnecessarily complicated

American politics seem weird and messed up
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Jun 16th, '14, 17:30

EG. wrote:
Horse wrote:european politics seem so unnecessarily complicated

American politics seem weird and messed up

Yes. Where European politics are confusing, ours are just weird.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Return to Serious Debate