The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Self-sufficiency: Bullshit or a good way to live?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Self-sufficiency: Bullshit or a good way to live?

Postby gutawafang » Jun 16th, '14, 04:10

Solace wrote:I definitely understand loneliness but if someone feels any bit worthless or negative purely by being alone rather than chilling with friends, they probably just have to figure out how to properly spend that alone time to the extent that they're more than satisfied with it. There has to be like a million different things that can properly occupy time without you feeling like shit. The world is huge.

Yeah exactly man. That's PS4 for me. The best distraction. I go online, kill people. I don't feel alone at all when I play online games man.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Solace » Jun 16th, '14, 04:15

Well then the point is that you use it as a distraction...If it didn't distract you from the fact that you're unhappy alone you probably wouldn't have interest in playing video games at all. I'm not saying look for distractions, I'm saying look for things you can do completely alone and find genuine happiness/enjoyment from. And by "alone" I also definitely do not mean online video games with online friends.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby gutawafang » Jun 16th, '14, 04:18

Solace wrote:Well then the point is that you use it as a distraction...If it didn't distract you from the fact that you're unhappy alone you probably wouldn't have interest in playing video games at all. I'm not saying look for distractions, I'm saying look for things you can do completely alone and find genuine happiness/enjoyment from. And by "alone" I also definitely do not mean online video games with online friends.

Writing songs. :y:
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Solace » Jun 16th, '14, 05:03

Sure, if writing about your depressing life makes you happy yeah lol.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby TonyTilt » Jun 16th, '14, 16:42

I don't need people around me, granted I live with my girl but I have friends that call every day and really want to hangout and honestly I like my alone time.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby slims » Jun 16th, '14, 19:21

Being alone is cool because you can go whenever you want and do whatever you want without others saying they want to do something else. I'm perfectly fine doing things alone. I go out to eat by myself, go to the movies, I basically do everything alone.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Alex2012 » Jun 21st, '14, 16:00

Some will be very happy being alone, others will be happier being around people, it's a question of personality, we can't approve or do not approve, it's just like that. But human being are not done to live alone and personally I think we can't evolve if we dont have some interactions with other of our species.
I'm out of the matrix and I improved my music taste here, I opened my eyes and discovered so different ways to see the world, thanks to you all!

That started here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111344

That will end here:
http://www.hiphopshelter.com/
Alex2012
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Amadeo » Jun 23rd, '14, 15:05

Alex2012 wrote:Some will be very happy being alone, others will be happier being around people, it's a question of personality, we can't approve or do not approve, it's just like that. But human being are not done to live alone and personally I think we can't evolve if we dont have some interactions with other of our species.

The people who are "very happy being alone" usually have a passion/hobby, which is just a sophisticated version of an imaginary friend anyway.

I don't think anybody likes being truly alone. What I mean by that is just walking through the park on a cold winter's day with nothing but your own thoughts to occupy you. If you don't have some kind of distraction like a phone or the internet or food or entertainment, you're going to get hit with some feelings of depression, and people don't like that so they do anything to avoid it. They take their phone out, they masturbate, they eat...they do anything to avoid it.

Louis CK had a fantastic bit about this on the Conan show where he explains it much better than myself.
Amadeo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Serious Debate