The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Self-sufficiency: Bullshit or a good way to live?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Self-sufficiency: Bullshit or a good way to live?

Postby Raul » Jun 15th, '14, 02:16

My first thread in this section, I'm trying to start a deep conversation about this subject.

I have this friend that has a motto that would be like ''nobody needs nobody''. Do people really need someone in their lives to complete them?

My opinion: I'm 100% anti this kind of way of thinking. I really ENJOY caring about friends, talking to them, hanging out with them, help them, and, now talking about my female friends, being amorous and etc.

And there is these thoughts that my friend have: "Why do people do this? You don't need no one to be happy. This is low self esteem. Depending on someone in order to make yourself happy is nonsense. Live your life, have friends, laugh, etc, but you are you and you've got to find other ways to fulfill your life."

I like being useful, I truly enjoy looking out for people. Sometimes I even admit I'm beta as fukkkkkkkk when it comes to my female friends. But fuck it, I do it proudly. I love my friends and I would do everything to see them happy. Everyone dies alone, and I don't think one should live like that.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Self-sufficiency: Bullshit or a good way to live?

Postby Solace » Jun 15th, '14, 03:08

Life can be lived in numerous ways, it depends on the individual. I enjoy social life, but I don't rely on it to make me happy. I do think people need to learn to be happy alone before they embark on romantic endeavours otherwise they'll be relying far too much on another human being to make them happy and that's kind of nonsensical to me. Don't be a needy cunt, basically.

Horse wrote:i need friends in my life and i'm very glad to have great friends, but at this point, i don't even want a girlfriend. if i got one, i'd have less money to spend on my hobbies, and i get a lot of enjoyment from those hobbies. movies, music, and video games can't break my heart and abandon me. :y:

You don't need to be that emotionally invested in your girlfriend to get a lot of enjoyment from her
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Jun 15th, '14, 05:24

You need people to be happy to a certain extent
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EG. » Jun 15th, '14, 13:53

I definitely need people. These past couple of weeks i havent seen any friend and havent gone out because of finals and it makes me feel extremly shitty at times. But what i need the most is attention tbh, i feel extremely bad when i dont get attention lol
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoda you can call me » Jun 15th, '14, 15:40

A few of my mates went straight from their mothers apron strings, to a girlfriend/mother figure. They will live their entire lives being dependant like that. A couple of other mates hate having to be alone with their thoughts so they constantly require company.
I think its a must for personal growth that you become comfortable with solitude and deal with shit on your own.
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SoldierShady » Jun 15th, '14, 19:04

EG. wrote:I definitely need people. These past couple of weeks i havent seen any friend and havent gone out because of finals and it makes me feel extremly shitty at times. But what i need the most is attention tbh, i feel extremely bad when i dont get attention lol

I need your sig in my life tbh. :happy:
"So one last time, I'm back, 'fore it fades into black and it's all over, behold the final chapter in the saga, trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle twice, the magic that started it all...tragic portrait of an artist tortured....trapped in his own drawings..." - Bruce.

SoldierShady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby slims » Jun 16th, '14, 00:48

I think people do need someone to talk to every now and then, but I'm mostly okay by myself. This thread is making me think, though. I can easily be alone, a lot of people don't understand irl. They always assume I'm depressed or something. Sometimes it does get depressing but this forum helps a lot.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Raul » Jun 16th, '14, 01:07

Menzo wrote:Not sure what to think of this, I think overly dependant people are a bit pathetic though.

:'( y u do dis

But, seriously, I think I'm an overly dependant people. Sometimes I do think if it's a good thing or a bad, because it fulfills me knowing that I'm being helpful or making someone happy. But, like someone said, sometimes it makes me create expectations about other people and their relationship with me. It's not exactly reciprocate.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby gutawafang » Jun 16th, '14, 03:19

I personally need to be around people to keep myself sane. If I stop talking to people or if I'm by myself, I feel like nobody needs me and then I'd think that I shouldn't be born on this fucking planet.

If going deeper into the "nobody needs nobody" subject and associating it with love and marriage, I'm adamant with my mindset that I will remain single until I die. I am not getting married, ever. I don't want to. I'd rather spend the money on my parents who raised me instead of spending on a girl that would possibly divorce me in the future.

I'd rather spend my money being single, on fucking video games and shit. I'd have online friends to play the games with me. And I'd be happy.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Raul » Jun 16th, '14, 03:22

gutawafang wrote:I personally need to be around people to keep myself sane. If I stop talking to people or if I'm by myself, I feel like nobody needs me and then I'd think that I shouldn't be born on this fucking planet.

I agree 100% with this.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Solace » Jun 16th, '14, 03:33

Raul wrote:
gutawafang wrote:I personally need to be around people to keep myself sane. If I stop talking to people or if I'm by myself, I feel like nobody needs me and then I'd think that I shouldn't be born on this fucking planet.

I agree 100% with this.

And you don't see why that's 100% pathetic?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby gutawafang » Jun 16th, '14, 03:52

Solace wrote:
Raul wrote:

I agree 100% with this.

And you don't see why that's 100% pathetic?

It is, obviously. Because it means I can't be left alone. That's pathetic right? But I know I have never been alone because ghosts walk beside me. :o
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Solace » Jun 16th, '14, 03:54

It was more referencing back to Menzo's post, where he said something along that behaviour is pathetic and Raul clearly didn't agree with it. But yeah, to me it is quite pathetic that if you're alone you feel like nobody needs you and that you shouldn't have been born. That's actually embarrassing. People need to relax, lol.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby gutawafang » Jun 16th, '14, 03:59

Solace wrote:It was more referencing back to Menzo's post, where he said something along that behaviour is pathetic and Raul clearly didn't agree with it. But yeah, to me it is quite pathetic that if you're alone you feel like nobody needs you and that you shouldn't have been born. That's actually embarrassing. People need to relax, lol.

I mean, I don't always feel that way because I'm constantly mixing around with people. I never ever lack friends man. It's embarrassing but it's me. I feel that way. :( :( :(
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Solace » Jun 16th, '14, 04:04

I definitely understand loneliness but if someone feels any bit worthless or negative purely by being alone rather than chilling with friends, they probably just have to figure out how to properly spend that alone time to the extent that they're more than satisfied with it. There has to be like a million different things that can properly occupy time without you feeling like shit. The world is huge.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Next

Return to Serious Debate